IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IC Suppression, Does this even exist anymore?
Tashiro
post Jul 22 2011, 05:26 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,847

I remember in old versions, you needed to suppress IC you crashed, to prevent system alerts, and you'd dedicate your Hacking Pool to this. I'm wondering though, is this necessary in the current edition, or do crashed IC 'go away', without you needing to focus on this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fatum
post Jul 22 2011, 08:08 AM
Post #2

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,589

Well, as far as I understand, IC are just crushed like any other programs; other IC (like the one in Unwired) may check to see if their buddies are running and either relaunch them or change alert state.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 22 2011, 08:45 AM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

"Hey Bob, Bob, you still online Bob? Bob? Now's not the time to go offline for a patch, that's in fifteen seconds. Bob? Uh oh. BOB'S OFFLINE! SOUND THE ALARM!!!"

+Quote Post
Mardrax
post Jul 22 2011, 01:45 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 19,228

QUOTE (Fatum @ Jul 22 2011, 10:08 AM) *
Well, as far as I understand, IC are just crushed like any other programs; other IC (like the one in Unwired) may check to see if their buddies are running and either relaunch them or change alert state.

Singularity Encore, Unwired pg 71 for those interested.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jul 23 2011, 04:13 PM
Post #5

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

There is the Nuke program in Unwired that will freeze rather then crash a agent/IC if it reduces its pilot rating to zero.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:18 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.