Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Legal Vampires, tours leave nightly
Daddy's Litt...
post Jul 22 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,668

Is there anywhere in the civilized world where vampires are legal? I was thinking of them setting up in the entertainment industry. Even a 'district' for them, clubs, bars, joy boys and girls (cold flesh) but do not know if any nations support them legally. Of course legal does not stop hunters, groupies wanna bees etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jul 22 2011, 08:54 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 19,166

QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Jul 22 2011, 05:47 PM) *
Is there anywhere in the civilized world where vampires are legal? I was thinking of them setting up in the entertainment industry. Even a 'district' for them, clubs, bars, joy boys and girls (cold flesh) but do not know if any nations support them legally. Of course legal does not stop hunters, groupies wanna bees etc.

I'm also completely unsure. The only thing I have heard in reference was connected to the Ordo Maximus. I believe it was a Vampire initiatory group/secret society in the UK. But the name escapes me.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

+Quote Post
LostProxy
post Jul 22 2011, 08:58 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,278

That ghoul nation in Africa. Aren't they ok with fellow infected as long as they aren't the crazy murder everyone and sort them out later type?

+Quote Post
Daddy's Litt...
post Jul 22 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,668

I was thinking some nice place in say, Toronto, Vancouver, Belgium.

+Quote Post
Starmage21
post Jul 22 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,448

IIRC PCC will issue SINs to the infected.

+Quote Post
Nath
post Jul 22 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

Running Wild lists Amazonia, Asamando, Aztlan, California, Czechia, Basque Country, France, Philippines, Salish-Shidhe and Yakut as "infected-friendly", whatever that means.

And Belgium no longer exists in SR : Wallonia joined France, Flanders joined the Netherlands, and Brussels remains as an autonomous city.

+Quote Post
Traul
post Jul 22 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 17,229

Nothing in Romania?

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 22 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #8

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Jul 22 2011, 10:47 PM) *

According to Running Wild that's Amazonia, Aztlan, Asamondo, CalFree, Czech Republic, Euskal Herraia/Basque Country, France, Greece, the SSC, Yakut (Also Evo, Aztechnology and some AA corps). Of course, 'legal' mostly means 'can get a criminal SIN and a tracker so we can watch them die because eating someone's soul is manslaughter', except for maybe Amazonia, Asamondo and to a degree some of the corps (thogh that's conjecture really).

Edit: Ninja'd by Nath.

There was that coven in KaGe who operated a poser gang and a nightclub for food, then there's JetBlack and his gang, and the seeekrit societies like Tamanous and the Ordo. Leipzig has a vibrant goth/vampire poser scene that has some vampires, and the bunches of Nosferati in Germany who run this law firm and a bunch of investment companies. Overall, though, the Vampires in Shadowrun ike their masquerade. Probably for their better, because they aren't as durable as they may think they are. SR's rules are quite deadly.

Nothing in Romania?

It doesn't really exist either, it's a blank spot since Synner's HDD crashed and took his writeup of Eastern Europe with it. Do what you want there. Personally, I'd be inclined to have the place run by vampires. Secretly, of course. Masquerade is a good idea in a world where all it takes is an angry mage with binoculars.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 23 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #9

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Jul 22 2011, 04:14 PM) *
I was thinking some nice place in say, Toronto, Vancouver, Belgium.
Toronto is a nice place?

Sorry, my Northerner is showing.

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Jul 23 2011, 01:28 AM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,007

QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 23 2011, 01:53 AM) *
Toronto is a nice place?

That's it! You cocky cock! You'll pay for your crimes against humanity!

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jul 23 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #11

Running Target

QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jul 22 2011, 09:28 PM) *

Well, it is better then Montreal, at least...

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 23 2011, 06:24 PM
Post #12

Immortal Elf

Debatable. Montreal might be nicer if it wasn't for the Language Police in their Jackboots.

It's nicer than Quebec City, I'll give Toronto that. And probably just that. (Sorry, a Canadian thing, especially for Northern Ontarians.).

+Quote Post
Neurosis
post Jul 23 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,000

QUOTE (LostProxy @ Jul 22 2011, 04:58 PM) *
That ghoul nation in Africa. Aren't they ok with fellow infected as long as they aren't the crazy murder everyone and sort them out later type?

Shadowrun: always more reasons not to go to Africa.

That would be my number one advice for fledgling runners. Do not, for any reason, go to Africa. Ever. I mean it.

QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Jul 22 2011, 09:28 PM) *

Scott Pilgrim reference, here? whaaaaaaa?

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jul 23 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #14

Running Target

QUOTE (Neurosis @ Jul 23 2011, 02:32 PM) *

That would be my number one advice for fledgling runners. Do not, for any reason, go to Africa. Ever. I mean it.

Still plenty of reason to want to from Africa (and never wanting to go back).

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Jul 23 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #15

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,007

QUOTE (Neurosis @ Jul 23 2011, 07:32 PM) *
Scott Pilgrim reference, here? whaaaaaaa?

Tell it to the cleaning lady on Monday.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 23 2011, 07:01 PM
Post #16

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Neurosis @ Jul 23 2011, 01:32 PM) *

It's not as bad as Quebec. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 23 2011, 07:13 PM
Post #17

The King In Yellow

Azania's not so bad as a setting (there's worse parts in the UCAS, not to mention Europe). Besides, I'm kind of tired of the authors in the CGL era painting every African location as a variation of a recent African Hellhole. All race issues/allegations aside, that's just wasting a setting with a lot of potential. You could, for instance, do interesting things with Benin - if you have played Empire: Total War with an Amazon edition gam, you should have a good idea. Or maybe Ethiopia, which has the added bonus of being a hotbed of bizarre iterations of Judaism and Christianity and potential magical hotspots.

You could do quite a lot of things with Africa in Shadowrun. Instead, the entire continent is declared "here be [the correct term is 'people of colour', hermit]s!'. And that's a shame.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jul 23 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #18

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

Thanks for bringing it back to topic hermit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jul 23 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #19

Running Target

QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Jul 23 2011, 03:44 PM) *
Thanks for bringing it back to topic hermit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

You mean that little light on the horizon that barely registers to the augmented eye?

Seriously, though, yeah, their are plenty of nations that will allow infected to live there, and a few Megas that will pay them, but as with any deseased individual, or someone that is known for violence for any reason, most people generally won't accept them "...in my neighbourhood."

Aztechnology, as someone has mentioned, will employ infected, especially Ghouls and Loup-Garou, but I'm remembering something about them not doing it openly. And how it seemed a little off, since they are trying to appear to be much more humanitarian these days.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 23 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #20

The King In Yellow

OP got her question answered. Twice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) So it's not like I am preventing that.

Why anyone would want to employ Loup-Garou, of all things, is beyond me (even Mutaqua make more sense), but the Infected have been whitewashed, declawed and painted pink in 4E anyway.

since they are trying to appear to be much more humanitarian these days.

Yeah, carpet bombing cities is very humanitarian ...

I would assume people would in general oppose to have raving mad flesh-eating zombie disease spreading monsters for co-workers. Loup-Garou might make decent beastman-style shock trops, but there's hardly any other use for them I can see.

There, back on topic enough? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 23 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #21

Immortal Elf

Depends, are the areas they're carpet bombing have any SINners broadcasting from their Commlinks?

If not, then it's just urban renewal. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
LostProxy
post Jul 23 2011, 09:23 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,278

I for one love Mother Africa. Maybe it's because you can get away with so much there and it's an easy place to disappear in. Plus it's not Quebec which is always a plus for you and your non metahuman brethren.

+Quote Post
HunterHerne
post Jul 23 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #23

Running Target

QUOTE (hermit @ Jul 23 2011, 04:08 PM) *
OP got her question answered. Twice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) So it's not like I am preventing that.

Why anyone would want to employ Loup-Garou, of all things, is beyond me (even Mutaqua make more sense), but the Infected have been whitewashed, declawed and painted pink in 4E anyway.

I recall somewhere that Loup-Garou are considered a lot like Ghouls. They both transmit their affliction via contact (usually biting), they both tend to transform into less-than-human acting creatures, and they can both retain some cognitive function post transformation. They both also only require an amount of metahuman flesh, not soul-draining essance. The monthly rage the Loup-garou have can be medicated away, and they tend to be relatively sane without it (relative to the big kid on the playground with no idea of right and wrong, mind you...). I've also heard mention of a Loup-garou movement similar to the Ghoul one, though not as far spread, or accepted.

QUOTE (hermit @ Jul 23 2011, 04:08 PM) *
Yeah, carpet bombing cities is very humanitarian ...

I would assume people would in general oppose to have raving mad flesh-eating zombie disease spreading monsters for co-workers. Loup-Garou might make decent beastman-style shock trops, but there's hardly any other use for them I can see.

There, back on topic enough? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Alright, you got me there. I was refering to Aztechnology's public face before Ghost Cartels. They seem to have gone very south very fast on that note. (Or just let the public see the face under the mask, which from what I hear is much more likely- I started playing in 4th edition)

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 23 2011, 10:01 PM
Post #24

The King In Yellow

I recall somewhere that Loup-Garou are considered a lot like Ghouls. They both transmit their affliction via contact (usually biting), they both tend to transform into less-than-human acting creatures, and they can both retain some cognitive function post transformation. They both also only require an amount of metahuman flesh, not soul-draining essance. The monthly rage the Loup-garou have can be medicated away, and they tend to be relatively sane without it (relative to the big kid on the playground with no idea of right and wrong, mind you...). I've also heard mention of a Loup-garou movement similar to the Ghoul one, though not as far spread, or accepted.

Yup. And much like with Ghouls, I just cannot see anyone wanting to have them for co-workers. It's pretty bad for AIDS infected, and was much worse in the 80s, and they don't turn you into a zombie mutant and/or try to eat you given half a chance. I just do not buy this sudden cuddlyness with that kind of Infected.

Alright, you got me there. I was refering to Aztechnology's public face before Ghost Cartels

... when they torched Yucatán? Okay, that's 3E, but the Azzis have been playing hardball since ever.

Aztech might be popular and produce a million billion great products, but nobody would think people who propagate bloodsport sport to be humanitarian. Nor is humanitarianism very high in demand in the Shadowrun world, excpet where Horizon is concerned.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 23 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #25

Immortal Elf

Which makes Horizon even more suspicious than AZT. If that were even possible.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:04 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.