IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> just found a new way to have games online!
leindienerd
post Jul 27 2011, 12:15 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,039

i just found this really cool application called maptools on rptools.net and you can host games and make your own maps and stuff! it works really well. all you have to do is give the other players the hosts external IP adress and then you can play together in real time! i know this is kinda spammy but i find it somewhat great that i can play with people when theres no possibility we could meet up in person somewhere. we may just start staying home for our tuesday sessions now ^.^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Jul 27 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #2

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

Yeah, MapTools is pretty popular in online RPG circles.

A couple of years ago, there were like a dozen online gaming tools being developed by various people. Most of them seem to have vanished into the ether.

I still remember gaming using the GENIE online services. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-k
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:06 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.