IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What happened to Dinosaur National Park?
TeknoDragon
post Jul 30 2011, 06:26 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,394

Working up some character background, and wanting to check with those who know the History better than I. Anyone know whatever happened to Dinosaur National Park (especially the museum buildings) in the NW corner of what was Colorado? Figuring it'd be a good source for a Comet-induced genetic twist, but wanting to make sure the backstory fits with canon history. I know it's in Pueblo territory, but not more than that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ggodo
post Jul 30 2011, 06:49 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 21,972

I don't believe there's been any mention of it yet, but I'm going to have runners busting in for telesma. FEAR MY DINO FOCUS!

+Quote Post
TeknoDragon
post Jul 30 2011, 07:02 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,394

Heh. Glad to inspire. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
ggodo
post Jul 30 2011, 07:15 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 21,972

OR MAYBE ZOMBIE DINOS!

On a more relevant note, I was at Dinosaur park a couple years ago and was struck by how little is there. It's just land, It's really amazing how much stuff, yet not stuff, is there.

+Quote Post
Giabralter
post Jul 30 2011, 03:09 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 608

QUOTE (TeknoDragon @ Jul 30 2011, 07:26 AM) *
Working up some character background, and wanting to check with those who know the History better than I. Anyone know whatever happened to Dinosaur National Park (especially the museum buildings) in the NW corner of what was Colorado? Figuring it'd be a good source for a Comet-induced genetic twist, but wanting to make sure the backstory fits with canon history. I know it's in Pueblo territory, but not more than that.

I don't have anything Dinosaur National Park, but I had made up this for Denver:

"Dinosaur Ridge
Along a trail along West Alameda Parkway over a hogback mountain formation is Dinosaur Ridge. It is home to many fossils and is crisscrossed with dinosaur prints. The Dinosaur Ridge park area is adjacent to the Red Rocks Park. What is interesting about Dinosaur Ridge and Triceretops trail is both are along ley lines leading into Red Rocks. Summoned spirits have been known to appear as prehistoric beasts at both locations."

+Quote Post
Mugzy
post Aug 1 2011, 03:26 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

From: 50 Clicks north of Dragon City (Front Range Free Zone)
Member No.: 6,896

Well, I hadn't heard anything about Dinosaur National Monument in SR, other than to say it would be in NAN territory (Ute, or Sioux Nation now after all I think). Lodore Canyon on the Green River is pretty big with whitewater enthusiasts ( was going to go myself one year but never got around to it). Pretty barren country really, but I could see it as some sort of magical focus area.

As for Dinosaur ridge, I swear I drive by that 3 - 4 times a month and never stop, even though I mean to.

I'll check the old NAN books but I doubt there was anything about it, even then.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:08 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.