Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I am White Wolf's bitch.
Tanegar
post Aug 8 2011, 02:41 AM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,731

The other day I picked up Exalted and the Exalted Player's Guide at the local used bookstore. Today I went back and bought six more sourcebooks: The Dragon-Blooded, The Lunars, The Abyssals, The Sidereals, The Fair Folk, and The Autochthonians. I doubt I'll ever get to play Exalted. I still have a ton of books from both Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Mage: The Ascension, and a few books for Changeling: The Dreaming and Wraith: The Oblivion. Never got to play any of those, either.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Aug 8 2011, 03:50 AM
Post #2

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

Nice to have that kind of disposable income. I used to be there once.

I played some Changeling years ago. Despite some weird rules glitches, it was loads o' fun. The players and the storyteller were all good ... story tellers, which is why I think it worked.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 8 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

I was in a Mage game... Where I was the only Mage.

It got very strange, especially when my Son of Ӕther's 1967 Lincoln Continental Four-Door Convertible was shown to have a higher intimidation ability than anyone else in the game. On her own.

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Aug 8 2011, 03:11 PM
Post #4

Runner

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Aug 7 2011, 11:50 PM) *
Nice to have that kind of disposable income. I used to be there once.

That's the really awesome part: I traded in a bunch of old books and got enough credit that all those Exalted books only cost me eight bucks.

+Quote Post
Kliko
post Aug 8 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 12,403

Werewolf: the Apocalypse FTW!

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Aug 8 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 17,007

QUOTE (Tanegar @ Aug 8 2011, 03:41 AM) *
The other day I picked up Exalted and the Exalted Player's Guide at the local used bookstore. Today I went back and bought six more sourcebooks: The Dragon-Blooded, The Lunars, The Abyssals, The Sidereals, The Fair Folk, and The Autochthonians. I doubt I'll ever get to play Exalted. I still have a ton of books from both Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Mage: The Ascension, and a few books for Changeling: The Dreaming and Wraith: The Oblivion. Never got to play any of those, either.

I'm Catalyst's bitch. I've got about 15 Shadowrun PDFs and have only played half a PbP game in the WttS thread.

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Aug 8 2011, 06:48 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

Sons of Ether: Eccentric and crazy and weird... but awesome!

+Quote Post
McDougle
post Aug 8 2011, 10:56 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,893

Am Pegasus/Catalyst-kind-of bitch, cause i got 13 SR4 hardcover(30-40€ each) and didn´t read through most of ´em...

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 8 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #9

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Aug 8 2011, 01:48 PM) *
Sons of Ether: Eccentric and crazy and weird... but awesome!
My Son of Ӕther had a Sci-Fi fetish, owned a heavy metal bar (Where a vampire was used as a decoration on the back of the stage behind the drums while frozen in carbonite), was an illegal street racer in his custom '67 Lincoln Continental ("How fast does a '67 Lincoln go, anyhow?" "Um, 30 Knots. No, wait, that's the USS Lincoln."), was passed out on the back of a Chinese Messenger of the Gods who was trying to get a cab ("I'm the Chinaman in the cemetary with the white guy unconscious across his shoulders!"), and once saved the city from a Faery assault with the perfect cup of "Tea, Earl Gray, Hot".

I did all the work of the Storyteller on "The Northern Ontario Gumball Rally", and was quite upset to find out that, in the end, we couldn't finish it due to the Tim Horton's Downtown being closed for renovations. And then the Goblin set off her AMC Gremlin's Self-Destruct and the cop that was chasing us decided to retire after surviving being blown into the third-floor of the office building built into the mall across the street.

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Aug 9 2011, 06:09 PM
Post #10

Deus Absconditus

Member No.: 5,566

Exalted is awesome. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Aug 10 2011, 05:39 PM
Post #11

Runner

Member No.: 17,234

WW did some amazing things when they wern't busy being all emo vampires.

+Quote Post
Neurosis
post Aug 10 2011, 06:28 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,000

I think you should probably see a doctor about that, Tanegar.

+Quote Post
Warlordtheft
post Aug 10 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #13

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 11,360

Yeah, I came to that conclusion too. Emo Vampires suck.....non-emo vampires are another matter entirely. But the problem is the game discourages realizing the full potential of the PC's. Something I find endemic to the whole Whitewolf series (at least 1st edition when I played it).

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 10 2011, 08:00 PM
Post #14

Immortal Elf

Hey, at least they didn't sparkle!

+Quote Post
tete
post Aug 10 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #15

Running Target

Member No.: 1,139

Dark Ages Vampire, Mage, and Fae were very very awesome... too bad Dark Ages Werewolf and Inquisitor didn't get the same love.

+Quote Post
Starmage21
post Aug 13 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,448

QUOTE (Tanegar @ Aug 7 2011, 09:41 PM) *

If you wanted more character options, you missed The Infernals. As far as the exalted go, theyre on the same power tier as solars and abyssals (because they all are actually solars), but theyre full of trans-human flavor!

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Aug 13 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #17

Runner

The Infernals weren't released for Exalted 1E, which I found out when I got home all my new books are. No wonder they were sitting in the used-books store. Oh well.

+Quote Post
warrior_allanon
post Aug 15 2011, 12:50 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,273

fave WW game was a mixed dark worlds game that i played in in Jacksonville Florida, i played the second in command of the Werewolf pack, a Get of Fenris Ahroun with a primary mental secondary physical and we were 5 little wolves in a contested vampire city.

what makes it even more fun is that my character infiltrated the sabbat version of the Elysium and had a knock down drag out with the Sabbat sherrif, fun times especially since we were LARPing it in a goth-heavy metal bar

+Quote Post
Starmage21
post Aug 19 2011, 05:47 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,448

QUOTE (Tanegar @ Aug 13 2011, 09:42 AM) *
The Infernals weren't released for Exalted 1E, which I found out when I got home all my new books are. No wonder they were sitting in the used-books store. Oh well.

I'd say you still managed to pick up a hell of a collection. 2e is getting closer and closer to being 2.5 or a 3rd edition. We'll see as soon as the freelancers are allowed to talk again.

+Quote Post
Seriously Mike
post Aug 20 2011, 07:29 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 36,268

QUOTE (Kliko @ Aug 8 2011, 05:46 PM) *
Werewolf: the Apocalypse FTW!

Say what you want, I still prefer the Forsaken. No cheap eco-BS that boiled down to "RARGH kill the servants of Wyrm RARGH!", I finally can find an archetype that suits me (I had the "choice" between Glass Walkers and Bone Gnawers in WtA, two diametrically opposite archetypes of "urban predator", while WtF has one, more general kind of "urban predator" in the Iron Masters tribe) and the Auspices in WtF are more open (my Irraka, WtF newmoon, is an ex-paratrooper who is basically the team ninja, and in Umbra he can even use literal optical camo).

I miss my Brujah detective, though. He was a fun guy. Most popular character in the forum RP, along with his "assistant", teenage Malkavian girl (I played her for a bit in a sitdown campaign in addition to online). In VtR I played a Mekhet cardshark and a Nosferatu street racer. The latter had stupid luck with Social skills - each time it turned out I was the only one around, I consistently rolled my stupidly small dice pools and got successes on all of them.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 20 2011, 08:37 PM
Post #21

Immortal Elf

My one attempt at Vampire: "I want to play a Malkavian..." "Oh god no, not another rubber duckie wearing whackjob..." "Who is a Vietnam Vet and tried to fake a suicide in a fit of depression to keep his military combat pension for his family to have..." "... ... ... OK. How the hell did you get that idea?" "It said that madness attracts them. I figured, around Vietnam in the nasty parts, madness was King, so..." "Damn. That's the first Malk that I actually like. And I haven't even heard the whole story!"

+Quote Post
Seriously Mike
post Aug 20 2011, 11:22 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 36,268

Heh, a Malk concept I had was a shrink. Not your typical whackjob - he actually went nuts due to one of his patients snapping and killing his (patient's) wife and daughter. The doc was especially moved by the girl's death and blamed himself for it all, developing an obsession about being "haunted" by the girl's vengeful ghost. Now here's the kicker, pretty much half the time the "haunting" is real (there's a disadvantage for that in VtM). That and he's claustrophobic - put him in an elevator or a closet alone and he'll freak out.

The detective's assistant was pretty normal. All three of her personalities were, and they switched around based on external factors. Once, two armed goons scared the default "mopey teen" personality, so she ran into the bathroom and switched to the "bubbly seven-year-old" personality. Bubbly sociopathic seven-year-old who knows how to use a handgun. After a short firefight, the other player's character burst in and the first thing she heard was "Hey, it was awesome! And now I have a machine gun!". The third personality was a vampy adult woman who usually popped up when it was time to feed. And she was the only one to actually enjoy the taste of blood.

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Aug 23 2011, 06:43 AM
Post #23

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

Friend of mine played a Malk whose madness was that he had a conscience. Like from the varied cartoons, an angel on one shoulder, and a devil on the other. Other than that, he was perfectly normal. My own at one point simply had delusions of grandeur. Didn't play him long enough to get Final Death, but it would have been inevitable on that character. First pissy low-gen vamp I came across would have taken my head.

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Aug 23 2011, 09:53 AM
Post #24

Runner

QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Aug 23 2011, 01:43 AM) *
First pissy low-gen vamp I came across would have taken my head.

Because there can be only one? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
LurkerOutThere
post Aug 23 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #25

Runner

Member No.: 17,234

Speaking of which? Did anyone try those homebrewed rules to put immortals into WoD that were floating about? They seemed pretty cool other then the fact that decapitation is a lot more viable a combat technique in WoD then it is in life/movies usually.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:21 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.