Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Emerging Archive
Aria
post Sep 13 2011, 07:18 AM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,267

This thread is to record the optional and house rules I will be using for my Emerging series of pbp games on DS. I will update this as rules crop up that I think need tweaking, ignoring or whole sale rewriting (which isn’t that likely…I try and stick to RAW where possible). Any questions or comments or house rules you think I should consider, please post them here.

I will also record useful links here to maps, player resources and the individual game threads. Finally characters and key NPCs will be listed with links where appropriate.

PbP House rules (In addition to those noted in the individual OoC Posts)

Character Gen
  • All 4th Ed books are available. I may require a quote if I don’t have access to the book
  • All normal races. Other racial types on request [Must be for a roleplaying rather than rules purposes!]
  • Characters get Chax2 in free contact points
  • Characters get 10 bonus karma at character gen (this may be more in some games…)

Mundane
  • Vehicles & drones provide 'Body' in weapon recoil compensation - not full recoil
  • SnS ammo is only available for shotgun rounds
  • GM Mr Fix-it from RC is a humanoid drone with Walker mode
  • The vehicle modifcation rules can make humanoid drones/suits/mecha out of motorbikes, cars etc

Magic
  • Adepts may purchase new magic rating points in 0.25 increments (at ¼ of the karma cost of the full point). Once committed to this they may not spend karma on anything else until the full point is bought. Magic rating counts as being the original rating until the full point is bought.
  • Adepts may take a point of power in place of a metamagic ability. Adepts following a Way may only do this once they have taken a metamagic associated with their path.
  • Critias' "Walking the Ways" 10BP quality from his unofficial errata is available to all adepts. It provides another set of discounted 'Way' powers of the player's choice.

Matrix
  • Characters need to buy full price programs at character gen - the registration program option is ignored for the purposes of tracking the program's use and copy protection is considered to be broken at character gen. These programs will not degrade but subsequently bought pirated programs will.

This post has been edited by Aria: Sep 30 2011, 06:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aria
post Sep 13 2011, 07:18 AM
Post #2

Dragon

Emerging: End of Days
IC Thread
OoC Thread
Route Map

Emerging Conflict
IC Thread
OoC Thread
Stillwater Map
Stillwater Tower

Emerging
IC Thread
OoC Thread

IC Thread
OoC Thread
2072 Locations
2072 UK
2072 Chicago

This post has been edited by Aria: Mar 12 2012, 01:17 PM

+Quote Post
Aria
post Sep 13 2011, 07:19 AM
Post #3

Dragon

DS Characters / NPCs
[ Spoiler ]

Key NPC Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

This post has been edited by Aria: Nov 28 2011, 01:38 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:11 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.