IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> High Pain Tolerance question, How does it work?
Jhaiisiin
post Nov 13 2011, 02:17 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,334

A question recently came up about how High Pain Tolerance functions.

My understanding is allows a single box per rating before calculating any modifiers. That is, at maximum rating 3, you'd have to take 6 boxes of damage before taking your first -1 modifier. But after that, it calculates normally.

Another school of thought is that the additional no-modifier box applies to each level of modifier, meaning at max level you would need 12 boxes of damage for -2, 18 for -3, etc.

What are your thoughts on how this works?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Nov 13 2011, 03:02 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Nov 13 2011, 07:17 AM) *
A question recently came up about how High Pain Tolerance functions.

My understanding is allows a single box per rating before calculating any modifiers. That is, at maximum rating 3, you'd have to take 6 boxes of damage before taking your first -1 modifier. But after that, it calculates normally.

Another school of thought is that the additional no-modifier box applies to each level of modifier, meaning at max level you would need 12 boxes of damage for -2, 18 for -3, etc.

What are your thoughts on how this works?

It is easy, subtract your level of Pain Tolerance from the boxes of damage taken, and then calculate your Wound Modifier from that. That is all. No other schools of thought.

So, with 3 Boxes of Damage and HPT 3, you have no Modifier.
With 5 Boxes of Damage and HPT, you still have no modifier.
With 12 Boxes of Damage and HPT 3, you have a Modifier of -3. The Formula: (12-3=9), -1 Modifier for each three full boxes of sustained Damage. 11 Boxes of damage in the same scenario leaves you with a -2 Modifier.

Easy Peasy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Nov 13 2011, 07:25 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

That's what I thought. I encountered someone who figured that it was an extra box per wound penalty, and I needed a second opinion to the debate. Thank you.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Nov 13 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Nov 13 2011, 12:25 PM) *
That's what I thought. I encountered someone who figured that it was an extra box per wound penalty, and I needed a second opinion to the debate. Thank you.

No Worries. Glad to be of help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Nov 13 2011, 07:46 PM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Nov 13 2011, 12:25 PM) *

Basically, it makes a lot more sense when you have a visual representation of boxes on your condition monitor, like on the provided character sheets.
Those happen to be marked with penalties for your given wounds, and high pain tolerance just makes a few not be counted, so you shift the penalties over to one side.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:57 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.