IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bunraku math..., things you do when bored..
MortVent
post Nov 25 2011, 01:46 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,598

Using a suite model for the cyberware needed:

Cyberware (all standard grade)
* Datafilter [so if broken out remember nothing!]
* Internal commlink - Metalink w/Vector Xim (1/1/1/1) [only to download/run personafix software]
* Hot-BTL Sim Module

Cost: 9800 (8820 with suite model modifiers)
Essence: -0.6 (-0.54 suite)

Bonus - Bioware (used to make them nicer and to be more available if desired)
* Clean Metabolism [nicer for the clients]
* Dietware [no fat ones unless desired, meaning can feed them the cheaper end of the food spectrum too (tends to be fattening) ]
* Sleep Regulator [extra uptime for work, 20 hour days vs 16]

Cost: 15000
Essence: -.35

Now looking in the core book, it's 50/hr for service.

figure a cost of 500/mth for lifestyle (food, bed, no entertainment, etc)

Now figure an average activity time of maybe 10 hours usually a day serving clients (figure downtime to get cleaned up, waiting to be picked, etc)

Full package means full return on investment in about 2 months (51.6 days of work without the suite cost reduction..)

Now that isn't taking into consideration acquisition costs, but I can see why it would be so profitable for them, figure with all costs 3 months and it's pure profit off a worker that will not complain and costs you only 10 hours of work worth of support (leaving about 230 hours @ 50/hr profit to cover the operation of the building/basic medical treatment)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Nov 25 2011, 03:11 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

And that's not even the rentals out to "Special Clients" who you can charge out the hoop for.

EDIT: Or blackmail material. Or cheap security with some Wireless Skillchips in Kung Fu 4.0. Better include a sterilization in that equation, however.

+Quote Post
MortVent
post Nov 25 2011, 03:27 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 24 2011, 10:11 PM) *
And that's not even the rentals out to "Special Clients" who you can charge out the hoop for.

EDIT: Or blackmail material. Or cheap security with some Wireless Skillchips in Kung Fu 4.0. Better include a sterilization in that equation, however.

That's under the basic lifestyle, think the pill added to meals (and keeping a mage/shaman on hand with cure disease spells and security of the joint)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Nov 25 2011, 03:30 AM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Yeah, even a low-powered magician would be good for that.

Too bad for HSV-5.

+Quote Post
MortVent
post Nov 25 2011, 03:32 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 24 2011, 10:30 PM) *
Yeah, even a low-powered magician would be good for that.

Too bad for HSV-5.

Hey, can still make money selling the body sans ware (which can be reused after sterilization) to the ghouls

and that's the key, after a couple months/years they can still take the used merchandise and organleg it

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Nov 25 2011, 03:48 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

The question is where do they get new bodies?

The answer is, "IT'S A FRAGGING DYSTOPIA FULL OF IDIOTS LOOKING AROUND IN AN AR WONDERLAND JUST BEGGING TO BE KIDNAPPED!"

AR Filters, they're wonderful things. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Christian Lafay
post Nov 25 2011, 03:50 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,965

QUOTE (MortVent @ Nov 25 2011, 01:46 AM) *
Using a suite model for the cyberware needed:

Cyberware (all standard grade)
* Datafilter [so if broken out remember nothing!]
* Internal commlink - Metalink w/Vector Xim (1/1/1/1) [only to download/run personafix software]
* Hot-BTL Sim Module

Cost: 9800 (8820 with suite model modifiers)
Essence: -0.6 (-0.54 suite)

Bonus - Bioware (used to make them nicer and to be more available if desired)
* Clean Metabolism [nicer for the clients]
* Dietware [no fat ones unless desired, meaning can feed them the cheaper end of the food spectrum too (tends to be fattening) ]
* Sleep Regulator [extra uptime for work, 20 hour days vs 16]

Cost: 15000
Essence: -.35

Now looking in the core book, it's 50/hr for service.

figure a cost of 500/mth for lifestyle (food, bed, no entertainment, etc)

Now figure an average activity time of maybe 10 hours usually a day serving clients (figure downtime to get cleaned up, waiting to be picked, etc)

Full package means full return on investment in about 2 months (51.6 days of work without the suite cost reduction..)

Now that isn't taking into consideration acquisition costs, but I can see why it would be so profitable for them, figure with all costs 3 months and it's pure profit off a worker that will not complain and costs you only 10 hours of work worth of support (leaving about 230 hours @ 50/hr profit to cover the operation of the building/basic medical treatment)

I'm not the only one who does that kind of bored math!

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Nov 25 2011, 03:52 AM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

I used to. But then I got hit. In the head. A lot.

+Quote Post
Christian Lafay
post Nov 25 2011, 04:02 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

I just stick to DnD math now. A sweatshop full of unseen crafters and the Business rules... Better than turning a cow into salt. And now back to SR and my Trust Fund PC's new attempt at making a Dollhouse.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Nov 25 2011, 04:06 AM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

Now we need to figure out the math of getting a bunch of low-powered sweat-shop magicians to make foci for Aztechnology. (Just like the pic in War!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Nov 25 2011, 04:34 AM
Post #11

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 25 2011, 04:48 AM) *

The answer is, "IT'S A FRAGGING DYSTOPIA FULL OF IDIOTS LOOKING AROUND IN AN AR WONDERLAND JUST BEGGING TO BE KIDNAPPED!"

Or why kidnap when that SINless down the street has a economic problem and a kid with attractive bone structure (just need a bit more fat on them mentioned bones)...

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Nov 25 2011, 04:43 AM
Post #12

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Nov 25 2011, 12:34 AM) *
Or why kidnap when that SINless down the street has a economic problem and a kid with attractive bone structure (just need a bit more fat on them mentioned bones)...
Yep. Or Mom's a Chip Junkie and doesn't even realize the kid is there...

That's what happened to the character Speeder in my stories.

+Quote Post
Christian Lafay
post Nov 25 2011, 06:26 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 25 2011, 04:06 AM) *
Now we need to figure out the math of getting a bunch of low-powered sweat-shop magicians to make foci for Aztechnology. (Just like the pic in War!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Need to sweat out some mojo materials. Where is that drake who is paid to clip his toenails?

+Quote Post
Irion
post Nov 25 2011, 09:30 AM
Post #14

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 18,860

Well, the trick of turning gold into 4 times more valuable gold, is just a bug in the cost tables.

Why should I pay over 100 times more for the same work if gold is the material instead of copper to start with.

So this is just a screw up. Same thing with the foci cost and not factoring in what the foci are build of. Considering the costs Powerfoci need to be build out of gold, at least. While Anti-magic-foci are wood at best.

So the whole magic sector has just nothing to base your calculation on, without crashing it into the ground.

+Quote Post
Brainpiercing7.6...
post Nov 25 2011, 10:34 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,052

The calculation is missing Silky Skin bioware and obviously boobs.

+Quote Post
Blade
post Nov 25 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #16

Runner

Member No.: 9,466

The prices in the books are the market prices. Most criminal syndicates have access to their own clinics and probably ways to get the ware cheaper, so I guess they'll only pay a fraction of that price.

+Quote Post
MK Ultra
post Nov 25 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #17

Running Target

Member No.: 10,324

You could just calculate with second hand ware in the first place, I guess (maybe ad in a BlackMarket Pipeline mod, to take Blades comment into account, too). Also, I think you can drop the comlink and load the fix direktly into the Sim Module. If you are out for blackmail, get a full sim rig instead.

P.S.: You are cruel and evil people to do this kind of calculation - I like that in a GM (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Nov 25 2011, 01:28 PM
Post #18

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

Drop the commlink (and any internal weapons... keep the Puppet "legal") and add in a datajack and Skillwires. The Puppet needs to know how to dance and to properly service their clients.

The Skillwires can also be used as an ad hoc defense force/meat shield.

+Quote Post
MortVent
post Nov 25 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

One reason for the commlink vs datajack is it's invisible and has a better signal than just the sim module. Allowing downloading of the client's chosen persona

Went with street price for starting out costs, the ware can then be reused with a new host when the old one wears out/stops drawing work

One thing I was doing was trying to keep costs minimal, the bioware is more for a corporate parlor than the street (where you likely would have only the ware... and see a lot faster turn around on investment (about 20.6 days with lifestyle costs factored in at 10/hrs a day working time)

And considering how long you can keep the puppet working, that's a major plus. But also the recycling of the ware means you only pay the cost once, then slap it into a new puppet.

+Quote Post
post Nov 25 2011, 02:58 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 326

Different bunraku bosses would do it different ways: I'd use a datajack or skinlink just for security reasons, but I think there are compelling arguments to be made for the commlink route, too. If that were the case, I'd spend the couple extra grand to get a decent one: while low Signal [and, from a mechanical perspective, System and Response] isn't really a problem [and in some circumstances is a benefit], I'd at least want a reasonable Firewall on there so someone didn't mess with my girls.

Skillwire is a must, too, I agree: there are a lot of skills a bunraku girl should have that you won't necessarily find in the girls you're snatching off the street. I also wouldn't hate having them all skilled in killing people, just in case that were helpful to me at some point, and skillwires are by far the best way to do that.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Nov 25 2011, 03:48 PM
Post #21

Runner

Member No.: 948

This just gave me a character idea.

The above setup with a few things added.

-Cybereyes (For recording clients)
-Cyberears (for recording clients)

The character is an Ex-Bunraku Dollhouse "employee" who has been in captivity for a few years. Due to being on a complete personafix for 24H/day for the last two years the person has the following:

-Amnesia (Old memories repressed due to personafix abuse)
-Addiction (BTL)

The background:

The character was broken out of the place by mere chance after a rivaling organization (triad, mob) bombed the place and he/she was taken to a hospital. After a quick identity check was found to be Jane/John Doe who was lost X amount of years ago (add housing, gear, ID etc).

The twist:
For the last two years the cybereyes and cyberears have recorded EVERY session with a customer the character has ever had, including meetings with Bunraku bosses and blackmail material. This was due to a hardware glitch that activated recordign after an abusive customer.

A rumor regarding the recordings have leaked out from the cybertechnician who found the recording in the headware and now the followign people are interested.

-Every shady customer he/she's had
-The Bunraku
-Law Enforcement
-Other

The character knows this and has gone underground...

+Quote Post
post Nov 25 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

QUOTE (The Jopp @ Nov 25 2011, 03:48 PM) *
The character knows this and has gone underground...

Or the character doesn't know this, and needs to do some work just to figure out why everyone keeps trying to kill / capture / brain suck her.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Nov 25 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #23

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 24 2011, 10:48 PM) *

Does anyone remember the movie...Gamer?

Creepy distopia where people would rent out their bodies so other, richer, people could play Second Life with real flesh.

I'm pretty sure you could find "willing" participants somewhere.

+Quote Post
post Nov 25 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (Draco18s @ Nov 25 2011, 04:20 PM) *
I'm pretty sure you could find "willing" participants somewhere.

You could find many, many willing - without quotes - participants, everywhere. Male, female, young, old. In many cases, people would prefer this to conventional prostitution.

+Quote Post
Irion
post Nov 25 2011, 04:54 PM
Post #25

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 18,860

@The Jopp

You have to come up with a reason she should not just sell out the information or post in on the matrix.

If such a character would have joined our group, I guess that would have been the first suggestion in order to deal with the problem.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:18 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.