Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Musical cowboys and bards, Had a funny thought
Wounded Ronin
post Dec 25 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,383

I just realized that the closest modern day thing we have to a D&D bard would be an American musical gunslinging cowboy from the 30s, like Gene Autry.

Who else is known for both adventuring and manly fighting skills like fisticuffs and revolver duels, but also for inspirational music?

It makes me want to run a bardic musical cowboy character in someone's D20 modern campaign. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif)

EDIT: http://youtu.be/-akgDjpcD2M
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Dec 25 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #2

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

I dunno, I play a Heavy Metal Bard in a D&D game.

-k

+Quote Post
Ryusukanku
post Dec 29 2011, 08:09 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,899

One of the character ideas I've had was inspired quite a bit by this sequence in Shrek 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND9XEBiMMQg...feature=related

I remember writing a guy like him up as a magic user in Shadowrun. Most of his magic is defensive in nature but I would have liked to have seen him pull the big musical numbers .

The latest version I have of the Piper was a Neo-Victorian Vigilante with a revolutionary bent in Airship Pirates. Determined to bring change to a culture hellbent on crushing innovation of any kind he searches the post-apocalyptic landscape for old-world music... for if anything brings forth revolution.... it is music.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Dec 29 2011, 08:11 AM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Dec 25 2011, 01:25 PM) *
I dunno, I play a Heavy Metal Bard in a D&D game.

-k
In a far too short game of WoW RPG, I had a Mage that created the "Bloodrocution" spell.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 09:00 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.