IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How often do you play Shadowrun?
How often do you play Shadowrun?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 75
Guests cannot vote 
post Jan 15 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 326

A relatively simple, if not necessarily comprehensive, poll of Shadowrun gaming frequency. [In case it's not clear, this would be exclusively about the roleplaying game, not any of the various video games.] Options for PBP games are slightly different, due to the ongoing nature of this type of game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Error
post Jan 15 2012, 06:19 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 18,450

I thought I'd post since the option that best reflects my group doesn't appear on this poll. My group plays around 2-3 (occasionally more) times per week IRL.

+Quote Post
Neurosis
post Jan 15 2012, 06:27 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,000

QUOTE (Error @ Jan 15 2012, 01:19 PM) *
I thought I'd post since the option that best reflects my group doesn't appear on this poll. My group plays around 2-3 (occasionally more) times per week IRL.

*ENVY*

+Quote Post
post Jan 15 2012, 06:41 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 326

QUOTE (Error @ Jan 15 2012, 07:19 PM) *

Yeah, I really wanted to do spans - "Between daily and weekly" "Between weekly and monthly" - but it got unwieldy. For whatever it's worth, I'd count this as "Weekly," even though obviously that's not the word for it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

[edit: For example, I voted "Monthly" for my in-person gaming, even though we play every two weeks.]

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Jan 15 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 10,737

Put down "weekly" for both In Person and Online, but that's because usually I have players here at my apartment and others joining in via Skype.

+Quote Post
NiL_FisK_Urd
post Jan 15 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 43,494

I usually play every 2-6 weeks, so i voted monthly

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jan 15 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #7

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

Every few years I'll run a campaign which runs for up to a year.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 15 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #8

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

If i'm lucky,i get to play 4 or 5 times a year.
Otherwise, once a year.

Never online

Never PBP

+Quote Post
Paul
post Jan 15 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 1,514

I've always had a lot more luck playing a real table top game than I have anything online. We play about once every two weeks, as 3278 mentioned, sometimes more in a good month, sometimes less. I've tried PB3 and other stuff but people are too flaky for my tastes in that format.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jan 15 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

I should consider myself lucky that he didn't put a "I'm CanRay" option in all three places.

+Quote Post
Neurosis
post Jan 15 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,000

So far there are far fewer people here who play online than I had initially assumed.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 15 2012, 09:48 PM
Post #12

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

QUOTE (Neurosis @ Jan 15 2012, 09:10 PM) *
So far there are far fewer people here who play online than I had initially assumed.

Because:
To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Is much better in Colour and moving pictures with full surround sound. ^^

+Quote Post
Moirdryd
post Jan 15 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,944

I'd love to find an online game so I can play (not GM), but then I do only play 3rd edit and it seems hard to find 3rd edit online games currently.

If anyone knows of any, point away

+Quote Post
CanadianWolverin...
post Jan 15 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,309

I put a really honest answer, hopefully that will change in the future but my efforts to find or get a game going have proven fruitless. Its been years now since I had a chance to give it a go and it was a terrible first game session. Hasn't soured me to the fiction and you guys though but a lack of something contribute essentially makes me a lurker. Its why I keep hoping a good online solution comes along, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for Shadowrun Online's showing and in the mean time just re-read the stories in the basic book from time to time. The world we live in reminds me of Shadowrun all the time so its kinda hard not to check back here at Dumpshock from time to time to read how all of those fortunate to be active are doing.

Hey, does selecting Never on all three categories qualify as a "I am Canray"? Just curious.

+Quote Post
Saint Hallow
post Jan 16 2012, 07:33 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,233

My old game was supposed to play bi-weekly, but with people's work schedules, it became monthly sometimes, weekly other times, then back to monthly. Now it's on hold. I miss playing regularly.

+Quote Post
Doc Chase
post Jan 16 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #16

Runner

Member No.: 18,688

I'm Canray for the first two, and weekly for the PbP (when Caracas starts back up *crosses fingers*)

+Quote Post
Whitefur
post Jan 16 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #17

Target

Member No.: 18,435

Only get error when trying to vote but play every second week IRL. Will join Canray on the rest:)

+Quote Post
Murphy01
post Jan 17 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #18

Target

Member No.: 47,211

If what I do can be considered 'playing', I am a GM on an SR3 based mud (Seattle2064.net port 4000 if anyone wants to check it out). I drive a truck IRL so generally have 1-2 days of downtime a week that I spend several hours on the mud. I do what are called player runs and the MUD has a dice roller. It's a lot of fun even if the people I generally play with are very unique and not your typical shadowrunners. I get to play SR4 about once or twice a year at various gaming conventions.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Jan 18 2012, 12:51 AM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 1,514

I just realized today that I play in one game, and run another-and since they're on opposite schedules I actually play weekly. Who knew?

+Quote Post
Shortstraw
post Jan 18 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 29,391

Used to play RPG's weekly then a player got married a second moved to the far side of the country and getting everyone else together was like herding cats. Finally I moved to a small town with 0 gamers so now I get to play online maybe once a month.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Jan 18 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #21

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

My current schedule does not include a weekly (bi-weekly, monthly, etc.) ShadowRun game, so I put down "never." I was really hoping for a "not nearly often enough" option.

I don't do any online or PBP.

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Jan 18 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #22

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jan 18 2012, 04:06 PM) *
My current schedule does not include a weekly (bi-weekly, monthly, etc.) ShadowRun game, so I put down "never." I was really hoping for a "not nearly often enough" option.

That would have muddied the waters - I chose an optimistic "weekly", because that is what we go for. Due to some very interesting times all around it was more bi-weekly for about half a year now.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:25 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.