Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions from a new GM, first time running Shadowrun since 92
FBT
post Jan 16 2012, 11:34 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,218

So, last time I ran SR was before the AR/Wireless additions, so I have a few questions that I cannot find the answer too, so I am seeking community support. I am sure I will have more questions as I run the game, but the two I have now are as follows:

Can skin linking be applied to guns and cyberware?

If a weapon, such as the Ingram White Knight LMG, that has this cannot be further upgraded...are they saying you cannot add any other upgrades, or are they saying that weapon upgrades in said weapon cannot be further upgraded with additional versions of weapon upgrades that it already has?

what is the technical advantage of Bioware over Cyberware other than the reduced essence cost? ie, is it harder for security systems to detect

Thanks folks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Jan 16 2012, 11:46 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 10,737

QUOTE (FBT @ Jan 16 2012, 06:34 PM) *
So, last time I ran SR was before the AR/Wireless additions, so I have a few questions that I cannot find the answer too, so I am seeking community support. I am sure I will have more questions as I run the game, but the two I have now are as follows:

Can skin linking be applied to guns and cyberware?

If a weapon, such as the Ingram White Knight LMG, that has this cannot be further upgraded...are they saying you cannot add any other upgrades, or are they saying that weapon upgrades in said weapon cannot be further upgraded with additional versions of weapon upgrades that it already has?

what is the technical advantage of Bioware over Cyberware other than the reduced essence cost? ie, is it harder for security systems to detect

Thanks folks

Skinlink can be added to any electronic device that will be in close contact with the user's skin, so yes, it can be added to guns, goggles, cyberware, commlinks, and so forth.

The Ingram White Knight is specifically referring to the fact that its recoil compensation cannot be further upgraded--but other upgrades, such as to the gun's electronics and sensors, are allowable.

Bioware is much harder to detect; you need 2 hits on an Assensing test to spot regular cyber, 3 hits to spot alphaware, and 4 hits to spot betaware and regular bioware, while it is also completely undetectable to cyberware scanners.

+Quote Post
FBT
post Jan 17 2012, 12:08 AM
Post #3

Target

Thanks for the prompt response! However I was using the LMG as an example, so does that apply to all weapons with that tag line or is it a case by case basis?

I appreciate your response though, very helpful!

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Jan 17 2012, 12:17 AM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 10,737

Usually it refers to the integral system that the guns contain. They can still be upgraded with all of the weapon upgrades in Arsenal--except for the referenced system (usually recoil compensation)--but all other options, like smartguns, safe target systems, chameleon coating and so forth.

Glad to help!

+Quote Post
FBT
post Jan 17 2012, 12:20 AM
Post #5

Target

sweet, thanks man!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:33 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.