> AI Hacker/Rigger Help?, Basics, Drone, and Program Selection
Cube
post Jan 23 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,660

Alright, so I've made progress.

I'm making an AI Hacker/Rigger with Piloting Origin 2 and Intuitive Hacking: Emulate.

I've made a custom anthroform, I'm using Autosofts for skills.

My Rating is 5, my Inherent Programs are Exploit, Spoof, Command, and Stealth. I need one more program.

As for the other programs, which should I purchase, which should I Pirate, and which should I leave to Emulation?

And finally: Aside from a van and my anthroform, what drones would you reccommend?

Also, for an Anthroform... Would not having Mimic be a major detriment, or could you just attribute looking like a robot to distinctive style?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Jan 25 2012, 02:01 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

I would probably take Analyze as your last Inherent Program. It is SO important on the matrix.

For anthroform drones, you can always claim to be a remote rigger. Act like a person(possibly an eccentric person), look like a robot.

Programs you should look into:
Software Creation Suite, and the Analytical Mind quality. (you want high Software rolls)
You will almost certainly want to make changes on systems you are in, so you want Edit.
Since you are Droning, you almost certainly want a Tacnet,(2 is the max without restricted gear) and so you don't lose contact with any of your network, ECCM.

If you think you can get more than 4 hits on Emulation, then emulating autosofts may be a good idea.There are things you should clarify with your GM:
1) Can you Emulate your inherent programs higher, like a technomancer can thread complex forms? The high-end limit is the same(2x resonance vs 2x ai rating). DO keep in mind that, as an AI, you have no way of dealing with the sustaining penalty.
2) Would it be alright to take inherent programs that aren't on the list, like autosofts, since you are a pilot origin ai?

You want any Common Use program at rating 6, Optimized 3, Ergonomic. You want any hackware at either rating 5, with good options, or rating 6.
If you plan on using Agents, you should plan on them carrying programs with optimized 3, just to give them better dice pools while roaming.

I would also recalculate your AI rating. one thing that is easy to miss is that your rating is the average of all your mental attributes round up, NOT round half up. An AI rating of 5.25 or 5.5 gets rounded up to 6. This also means with exceptional attribute you can go up to 7.
I would get Firewall and System software at 6. It doesn't really matter if system gets downgraded by response a little bit. You can always throw money at it later.
Sensor Softs are surprisingly useful for drone riggers, as are Telematics Infrastructure.
You almost certainly want Armor, just in case, and SOME form of Attack program. I tend to prefer Attack, because it works on anything. Nuke can be potent in the right circumstances, and Blackout has very nice implications for counterhacking people.

+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2012, 04:05 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 326

Is there an argument to be made for not taking an anthroform at all?

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Jan 25 2012, 06:04 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...amp;hl=farsight

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=33208

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jan 25 2012, 06:14 AM
Post #5

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

3278, only if you want to actually follow the rules. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Jan 25 2012, 06:16 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Anthroforms can't fly. Kind of.

I'm really starting to like the idea of a Renraku Manservant in an Iron Will riding a Lockheed Sparrow that's been metahuman customized for trolls.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jan 25 2012, 06:25 AM
Post #7

Advocatus Diaboli

Snrk. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Yeah, flying is a fun trick. And since the SR4 rules don't say anything about the LEBD being ungodly loud, knocking everything over with the downdraft, suffering from 'undue' recoil, etc.…

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Jan 25 2012, 06:30 AM
Post #8

Great Dragon

And with that fully mechanical arm he can wield a combat axe.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jan 25 2012, 06:38 AM
Post #9

Advocatus Diaboli

I still think that should be two-handed. Did Arsenal fix that, or just leave it up to the GM? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I feel like anything flying should have innate penalties for those kinds of precise actions, but you can of course buy gyro systems. Mwa ha.

+Quote Post
post Jan 25 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

QUOTE (Neraph @ Jan 25 2012, 06:16 AM) *
Anthroforms can't fly. Kind of.

I'm really starting to like the idea of a Renraku Manservant in an Iron Will riding a Lockheed Sparrow that's been metahuman customized for trolls.

Sure, but why have the Manservant at all, if the Sparrow is what you want? What not have a flying drone and a Manservant, rather than a Manservant flying your drone? We're rather attached to the human form, having had one most of our lives, but there's not necessarily any particular reason a digital intelligence would be similarly sentimentalist about it.

+Quote Post
Cube
post Jan 25 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,660

Decided on a more Hack Focused AI, though I'm keeping the Anthroform for lulz.

Otherwise I've loaded up on the proper programs and am ready to hack! I also... sort of got a bit paranoid with my Home Node and rigged the portal from my Gateway node to the main node to play a Snuff BTL of when you moved through it.

...Technically, I think you need a psychotropic program to do that, but I managed to freak out my group's former hacker by even having the idea.

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Jan 26 2012, 05:55 AM
Post #12

Great Dragon

QUOTE (3278 @ Jan 25 2012, 06:38 AM) *
Sure, but why have the Manservant at all, if the Sparrow is what you want? What not have a flying drone and a Manservant, rather than a Manservant flying your drone? We're rather attached to the human form, having had one most of our lives, but there's not necessarily any particular reason a digital intelligence would be similarly sentimentalist about it.

More mod options. Ability to use items without having to sacrifice so many mod slots for arms. Ubiquity. Need I go on?

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jan 26 2012, 06:11 AM
Post #13

Advocatus Diaboli

Cheesiquity. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
post Jan 26 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

QUOTE (Neraph @ Jan 26 2012, 06:55 AM) *
More mod options. Ability to use items without having to sacrifice so many mod slots for arms. Ubiquity. Need I go on?

Right, but you can have those things without being a Manservant on a PMV. You could be a Manservant and a PMV, or better yet, some other kind of flying drone [although as a means of transporting your Manservant around, a PMV is one good way to go.]

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the Manservant, or a PMV, or anything like that. I just think an AI would be likely to take a broader view of form and not feel restricted to being a dude-shaped thing flying around on stuff meant for dude-shaped people. If that broad view is part of your vision, or if you're really just suggesting it as a loophole in the mechanics that lets you pack tons of cool stuff onto a given form, then forget I said anything. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Jan 27 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #15

Great Dragon

Honestly, my favorite home node is at least 10 Kanmushi drones with Chameleon Coating, Signature Masking, and a Satellite Link all clustered together. Either the whole cluster goes down or you're still alive.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:22 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.