> Chummer Character Generator, Thread #2
Batrachian
post Feb 17 2012, 08:25 AM
Post #26

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,384

Hi,

Is there any reason that the Modular Plug-In Category is hidden?

When I opended the XML -> <category show="false">Modular Plug-In</category>

But I see no reason this is hidden or is it activated otherwise?

*waves*

An other feature request is:
I am not sure how complicated it is, but is it possible, to move items in the gear tab using drag and drop, to put it into an other Item as a pluging.

For an Example:
Comlink 1
- ComlinkItem 1
- ComlinkItem 2
- ComlinkItem 3
- ComlinkItem 4

Item 1

Now I drag "Item 1" into "Comlink 1" which will result in:
Comlink 1
- Item 1
- ComlinkItem 1

An other request: Copy and Paste in the Gear and Cyberware Tab.
For an example: I created a comlink, with some modifications an associated programs, now it would be cool, if I could be able to copy it and add it multiple times. Currently I have to save it edit the xml and reopen it, or search for the same items again and again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

*waves*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deurk
post Feb 17 2012, 01:21 PM
Post #27

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,926

Noticed a couple things:
- Message_SpellRestricted has a typo in it
- Message_IllusionSpellRequirement2 appear twice

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Feb 17 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #28

Shooting Target

Member No.: 24,349

QUOTE (deurk @ Feb 17 2012, 07:21 AM) *
Noticed a couple things:
- Message_SpellRestricted has a typo in it
- Message_IllusionSpellRequirement2 appear twice

Whoops! English file has been updated to correct 'em. Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Feb 17 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #29

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Batrachian @ Feb 17 2012, 02:25 AM) *
Hi,

Is there any reason that the Modular Plug-In Category is hidden?

When I opended the XML -> <category show="false">Modular Plug-In</category>

But I see no reason this is hidden or is it activated otherwise?

*waves*

An other feature request is:
I am not sure how complicated it is, but is it possible, to move items in the gear tab using drag and drop, to put it into an other Item as a pluging.

For an Example:
Comlink 1
- ComlinkItem 1
- ComlinkItem 2
- ComlinkItem 3
- ComlinkItem 4

Item 1

Now I drag "Item 1" into "Comlink 1" which will result in:
Comlink 1
- Item 1
- ComlinkItem 1

An other request: Copy and Paste in the Gear and Cyberware Tab.
For an example: I created a comlink, with some modifications an associated programs, now it would be cool, if I could be able to copy it and add it multiple times. Currently I have to save it edit the xml and reopen it, or search for the same items again and again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

*waves*

The Modular Plug-In category is hidden because they can only be added to Cyberware that has Modular Adaptation or Modular Cyberlimb. Once the limb has one of these, the Modular Plug-In category becomes visible for that limb.

The drag-and-drop for plugins is complicated. Currently, drag-and-drop changes the order of things in the list. Where you drop something is where it should be placed in the order of things. It would have no way of knowing if where you drop something should be its new order of it the item it has been dropped in should become its parent. There would need to be a toggle button to change between the change order and change parent behaviour.

I'll take a look at copy/paste. It would be fairly restrictive - if you copy Gear, it can only be pasted in Gear as well. You wouldn't be able to copy Gear and paste it on the Armor tab for example. I'll add it to the list.

+Quote Post
Batrachian
post Feb 17 2012, 02:42 PM
Post #30

Target

Member No.: 44,384

Ah.... thanks for the hint regarding the cyberlimbs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

For the copy/paste, thats exactly what i had in mind. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The Drag and Drop, when I played a bit around with the current settings I realized the following:

item1
item2
- sub 1
- sub 2
item 3
item 4

- When I drag "item 4" over "item 2", item 4 is placed prior item 2 (so 1-4-2-3)
- When I drag "item 4" over "sub 1", item 4 is placed the first item in the list, so the listing is ( 4 - 1 - 2 - 3) (also there is no highlightning over any "subs")

So one option would be, if an Item has "subs" and you drop an item over a sub, the item will become a sub of this item. (just make sure the Item does not become a sub of itself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )

so the second drop will result in:
item 1
item 2
- item 4
- sub 1
- sub 2
item 3

I am not sure if your framework can Identify this state (I am currently working with MfC (*puke*), so currently everything is possible, but also everything is quite complicated.)

Anyway these are just suggestions, low prio, just something which have come into my mind, playing with your fantastic tool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

*waves*

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Feb 17 2012, 04:24 PM
Post #31

Shooting Target

QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Feb 16 2012, 11:35 AM) *
Hi, I was checking the "re-apply improvement" fonction and I had some questions. What is it trying to fix ?

I had problems on some characters :
First character, a mage in career mode. Chummer bugs after entering the mentor spirit
On create mode ones, I didn't see bugs but no real differences at first sight (BP, essence, nuyen). So if it's not supposed to be used on career mode character, it would be better not to have the option. ^^

I finally found one of my saves where this occurs! I'll have this fixed in the next update.

+Quote Post
ChatNoir
post Feb 17 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #32

Target

Member No.: 37,728

Should I send you my files anyway or your good ?

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Feb 17 2012, 05:30 PM
Post #33

Shooting Target

QUOTE (ChatNoir @ Feb 17 2012, 10:55 AM) *
Should I send you my files anyway or your good ?

Send them just to be safe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) There's always the chance that they'll still trigger something that mine didn't catch.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Feb 17 2012, 07:02 PM
Post #34

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,696

QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 17 2012, 09:00 AM) *
The Modular Plug-In category is hidden because they can only be added to Cyberware that has Modular Adaptation or Modular Cyberlimb. Once the limb has one of these, the Modular Plug-In category becomes visible for that limb.

The drag-and-drop for plugins is complicated. Currently, drag-and-drop changes the order of things in the list. Where you drop something is where it should be placed in the order of things. It would have no way of knowing if where you drop something should be its new order of it the item it has been dropped in should become its parent. There would need to be a toggle button to change between the change order and change parent behaviour.

I'll take a look at copy/paste. It would be fairly restrictive - if you copy Gear, it can only be pasted in Gear as well. You wouldn't be able to copy Gear and paste it on the Armor tab for example. I'll add it to the list.

My suggestion for the drag and drop is to hold down the ctrl key while doing the drag and drop and have that allow for moving items from one parent to another or out of a parent to a location or base gear tree.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Feb 17 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #35

Moving Target

QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 17 2012, 11:24 AM) *
I finally found one of my saves where this occurs! I'll have this fixed in the next update.

I just tried using this feature and with the Negative Quality, Wanted it asked for me to enter a value. When it did nothing changed with the Quality.
It should have shown, Wanted (value), in the quality list, but instead it just showed Wanted.
If I try to run the Re-Apply Improvements it keeps asking for the Value for Wanted, but does nothing with what is entered.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Feb 17 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #36

Moving Target

QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 16 2012, 03:00 PM) *
There a button to move Gear and Weapons to a Vehicle on the Gear and Weapons tab respectively, but only in Career Mode. It should be a button that has a blue car with an arrow. For Gear it's on the same line as Qty at the very end. For Weapons it's on the same line as Source. Gear and Weapons can also be moved from a Vehicle on the Vehicles tab, also only in Career Mode.

I'll take a look at the Inherent Program thing.

That would explain why. The character is still in create mode.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Feb 17 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #37

Moving Target

Is there a way to edit Improvements on the Improvements tab?

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Feb 17 2012, 09:24 PM
Post #38

Shooting Target

QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 17 2012, 01:30 PM) *
Is there a way to edit Improvements on the Improvements tab?

At the moment, no. It's something that's been on my list since they were implemented though. I'm hoping to work on it this weekend if I get some time for it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Chinane
post Feb 18 2012, 12:52 AM
Post #39

Moving Target

Member No.: 49,431

I hope this has not been discussed to death yet:

Mystic adepts can only buy powers up to the magic level they reserved for power points. However, the rules say this:

"For all other purposes, including the determination of the maximum level for adept powers,
the character’s full Magic attribute is used."

Unfortunately there's no workaround i can see th make chummer conform to the RAW, power levels are lowered when changing the split.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Feb 18 2012, 01:17 AM
Post #40

Moving Target

- Skill Groups now show their tooltips when disabled

This appears to not be working.
Or at least it's not working for me, disabled skill groups don't give any tooltips.
Disabled Skills don't give tooltips either. The pool entry for disabled skills give tooltips but the skill name doesn't.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Feb 18 2012, 03:49 AM
Post #41

Moving Target

The Street Cred, Notoriety and Public Awareness on the Character Info Tab could use some tooltips showing how the values were generated.

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Feb 18 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #42

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Chinane @ Feb 17 2012, 06:52 PM) *
I hope this has not been discussed to death yet:

Mystic adepts can only buy powers up to the magic level they reserved for power points. However, the rules say this:

"For all other purposes, including the determination of the maximum level for adept powers,
the character’s full Magic attribute is used."

Unfortunately there's no workaround i can see th make chummer conform to the RAW, power levels are lowered when changing the split.

Mystic Adepts was discussed to death quite some time ago (though maximum Power level may have been missed out in the discussion as the primary focus was Skills and Spirits from what I recall). That does not, however, prevent what's in Chummer from being wrong. I'll have this corrected in the next update. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Nebular
post Feb 18 2012, 01:35 PM
Post #43

Shooting Target

QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 17 2012, 09:49 PM) *
The Street Cred, Notoriety and Public Awareness on the Character Info Tab could use some tooltips showing how the values were generated.

They already have 'em. The Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Aware labels all have tooltips that show the formula. The labels after the number boxes (the ones that show + X = Y) have tooltips that show the exact numbers being used. These won't show if everything for that attribute is 0 since there's nothing to really show yet.

+Quote Post
Method
post Feb 18 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #44

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

First: Let me just say, Nebular, that Chummer is sheer awesomeness. Hands down the best character generator ever conceived for SR.

--------------------------------

Now then: I noted a few very minor things during my last build that I wanted to point out. It would not surprise me if some of these things have been previously addressed:

-- When buying spare clips a "Quantity" field would be most useful
-- Also, skin link would be a useful "Firearm Accessory"
-- I love that you can add PACKs but its a pain in the ass to drop one- unless there is an easier way, you have to find and delete each component. I like that you can buy a PACKs package and then break it up to keep what you want, but having an easy way to drop the whole package would be nice.

-----------------------------------

And just as an aside: when can we expect this for Mac OSX? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I know its built on the .Net framework, but is there any way to port it?

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Feb 18 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #45

Moving Target

QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 18 2012, 08:35 AM) *
They already have 'em. The Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Aware labels all have tooltips that show the formula. The labels after the number boxes (the ones that show + X = Y) have tooltips that show the exact numbers being used. These won't show if everything for that attribute is 0 since there's nothing to really show yet.

Strange I'm not getting anything showing up for tooltips.
And the character has values higher than 0 for each of them.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Feb 18 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #46

Moving Target

QUOTE (ShadowWalker @ Feb 17 2012, 08:17 PM) *
- Skill Groups now show their tooltips when disabled

This appears to not be working.
Or at least it's not working for me, disabled skill groups don't give any tooltips.
Disabled Skills don't give tooltips either. The pool entry for disabled skills give tooltips but the skill name doesn't.

I noticed that for a non technomancer the Tasking group has it's tooltips, but for skill groups that are broken by having individual skills they aren't working.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Feb 18 2012, 04:27 PM
Post #47

Moving Target

QUOTE (Method @ Feb 18 2012, 09:55 AM) *
First: Let me just say, Nebular, that Chummer is sheer awesomeness. Hands down the best character generator ever conceived for SR.

--------------------------------

Now then: I noted a few very minor things during my last build that I wanted to point out. It would not surprise me if some of these things have been previously addressed:

-- When buying spare clips a "Quantity" field would be most useful
-- Also, skin link would be a useful "Firearm Accessory"
-- I love that you can add PACKs but its a pain in the ass to drop one- unless there is an easier way, you have to find and delete each component. I like that you can buy a PACKs package and then break it up to keep what you want, but having an easy way to drop the whole package would be nice.

-----------------------------------

And just as an aside: when can we expect this for Mac OSX? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I know its built on the .Net framework, but is there any way to port it?

There is a version of .net that works on the mac. and if I remember correctly there is an updated version that you can compile yourself to get it to include the things that Chummer uses from /net 4.

+Quote Post
ChatNoir
post Feb 18 2012, 11:55 PM
Post #48

Target

Member No.: 37,728

Just a message in the news thread about the "replacement" bioware (limbs, organs and stuff), you said that you'll look into it. It's just a reminder so it's not forgotten. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Bobby
post Feb 19 2012, 12:26 AM
Post #49

Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 30,100

QUOTE (Nebular @ Feb 18 2012, 01:35 PM) *

Not working for me either I'm afraid, i'm getting the values but no tooltips. This is with a fairly old character, in English.

+Quote Post
ShadowWalker
post Feb 19 2012, 05:36 PM
Post #50

Moving Target

Within the Armor data file the mods have a category.
Is there a list somewhere of what those categories are?
I see the <categories> are listed for the armor category entry, but I don't see anything for a list of the mod categories.
I'm sure I can create a list based on the data already entered.

+Quote Post

86 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:29 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.