Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Safehouses out now--new PDF product, Where the elite meet to not get geeked
JM Hardy
post Feb 15 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,392

We've got a new PDF-only product out now--Safehouses, which is, well, your guide to safehouses (Battleshop, DriveThruRPG). Here's the rundown:

HIDING FROM THE HEAT

If it hasn’t happened to you yet, it will. A run will go south. People will be looking for you. Their eyes will be everywhere—your home, your friends’ houses, the places you hang out, even the spots where you buy your soykaf. They’re looking for you, waiting for you, and when they find you, they’re not going to talk. It’ll be a single shot, or a flash of sharp steel, and you’ll be done.

To avoid this, you need to lay low. You need a place where no one will look for you, and where you’ll have enough of life’s basics to get you by. Don’t know where to find such a place? You’re in luck, chummer—we’ve got the guide for you. Whether your acquiring and stocking your own bolt hole or engaging professional safehouse managers, we’ve got the info you need to live to fight another day.

Safehouses is a supplement for Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition that provides both flavor text and rules to help runners acquire or find the hideouts they need to stay out of harm’s way. It includes sample safehouses, equipment suggestions for the well-stocked hideaway, and safehouse creation rules that work with the Advanced Lifestyles rules from Runner’s Companion. Get Safehouses, stay safe, and be ready to charge back into the shadows once the trouble you’re in has blown over.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seriously Mike
post Feb 15 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 36,268

But... but... but... Kane got geeked as hell in the intro story. If you know what I mean.

+Quote Post
Makki
post Feb 15 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 18,036

The film of the same title comes out next week. Coincidence?

+Quote Post
snowRaven
post Feb 15 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,516

Big LoL at the JackPoint page, again - CanRay will like that one, I think (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

All in all, this looks good. It'll probably be useful in a few future runs I have planned for my players... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Love the plethora of new Lifestyle Qualities (even if I think some of the 'Safehouse only' ones would fit even permanent lifestyles)

+Quote Post
Patrick Goodman
post Feb 15 2012, 07:44 PM
Post #5

Tilting at Windmills

Member No.: 388

QUOTE (snowRaven @ Feb 15 2012, 01:42 PM) *
Love the plethora of new Lifestyle Qualities (even if I think some of the 'Safehouse only' ones would fit even permanent lifestyles)

Y'know, I didn't even think about that when I was proofing this. Errata, maybe. Who knows? (It's a fun book, though; I had a blast with it.)

+Quote Post
Tashiro
post Feb 15 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,847

Okay, this entire PDF was a great read. I loved it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Especially the last picture.

+Quote Post
Pepsi Jedi
post Feb 15 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 18,391

How many pages is it? The latest shadowrun pdf's have left such information off.

+Quote Post
Patrick Goodman
post Feb 15 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #8

Tilting at Windmills

It has 18 pages and a $4.95 price tag.

+Quote Post
JanessaVR
post Feb 15 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #9

Awakened Master Ninja

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,844

I do wish I could automate this. I buy any new SR4 products that come out, so it would be more convenient if I could just get Catalyst to auto-bill me and send me a download link whenever something new comes out.

But no...have to keep checking Dumpshock to see when new things come out and go buy the PDF manually. Sigh... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Feb 15 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 10,737

Bought it. Reading through it. The quality writeups are comedy gold! (especially the bit about "the remote control for the 2-d viewer is missing"). Great job! and I have to join in on the chorus regarding the last picture. dev/grrl/ is certainly graduating up from "annoying newbie" in my book!

And I gotta wonder: whose Jackpoint login page was that? Clockwork's?

+Quote Post
JanessaVR
post Feb 15 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #11

Awakened Master Ninja

QUOTE (bibliophile20 @ Feb 15 2012, 12:48 PM) *
And I gotta wonder: whose Jackpoint login page was that? Clockwork's?

Most likely suspect, I agree. Hopefully NetCat is finally getting her just revenge on him. Really, I've been wondering why she hasn't done so long before now. In Emergence, she outright told him she'd get him back, so did someone else as I recall. But book after book comes out, and Clockie's still ticking. Maybe NetCat finally decided to do something about him - I seem to recall he made some threatening remarks recently about her daughter (Slamm-O!'s daughter as well). This was a bad idea.

Of course, I'd also be happy if it were Sticks. He's actually the number one JackPointer who desperately deserves a horrible screaming death roasted slowly over a bed of hot coals, the bastard.

+Quote Post
Patrick Goodman
post Feb 15 2012, 09:19 PM
Post #12

Tilting at Windmills

Son. Slamm-0! and Netcat have a son. Other than that, I think you're spot-on.

+Quote Post
Tashiro
post Feb 15 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 15,847

When I saw the opening Jackpoint, I had a good laugh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) If it's Clock, even better. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Feb 15 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #14

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Feb 15 2012, 09:45 PM) *
I do wish I could automate this. I buy any new SR4 products that come out, so it would be more convenient if I could just get Catalyst to auto-bill me and send me a download link whenever something new comes out.

But no...have to keep checking Dumpshock to see when new things come out and go buy the PDF manually. Sigh... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Shadowrun4.com on rss reader?

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Feb 15 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #15

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

On the topic of Clockwork, i am surprised he did not get yelled at for his "piggy bank" joke. Then again, so far i have only looked at the preview.

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Feb 16 2012, 12:52 AM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Member No.: 872

QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Feb 15 2012, 08:45 PM) *

Much love for this idea... at least set it so that you can specify what material you want to purchase. E.g. Sourcebooks, Campaign Books, no Adventures (or whatever your preferences are).

- J.

+Quote Post
Pepsi Jedi
post Feb 16 2012, 01:07 AM
Post #17

Running Target

Or you could just take a minute or two a month and buy um? lol.

like um on Facebook. They let you know when the new books come out. Follow the link and buy. Takes like 5 minutes if that.

+Quote Post
JanessaVR
post Feb 16 2012, 01:15 AM
Post #18

Awakened Master Ninja

QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Feb 15 2012, 05:07 PM) *
Or you could just take a minute or two a month and buy um? lol.

like um on Facebook. They let you know when the new books come out. Follow the link and buy. Takes like 5 minutes if that.

Yeah, or I could just be a lazy smartass. And 5 mins? I'm usually reading my purchased and downloaded copy within 2 mins of seeing the publication notice. What *are* you doing with the other 3 mins? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Patrick Goodman
post Feb 16 2012, 01:17 AM
Post #19

Tilting at Windmills

Speaking only for myself, getting a snack. Never fails, I go to download something, I get the munchies.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Feb 16 2012, 02:55 AM
Post #20

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Feb 15 2012, 09:17 PM) *
Speaking only for myself, getting a snack. Never fails, I go to download something, I get the munchies.
Right, it's the downloading that gives you the munchies. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I don't know, the name of the author looks familiar, but I can't place it...

+Quote Post
bibliophile20
post Feb 16 2012, 02:59 AM
Post #21

Running Target

Member No.: 10,737

Well, it's on your driver's license...

Hmm... is there something you'd like to share with the rest of us about your assumed identity? Because you've clearly gone to ground, didn't bother memorizing the details of your cover ID too thoroughly and are now taunting your pursuers with this publication. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silly.gif)

+Quote Post
BookWyrm
post Feb 16 2012, 03:38 AM
Post #22

Running Target

Member No.: 2,607

I may just grab this soon.

+Quote Post
Fabe
post Feb 16 2012, 05:02 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,050

It's nice to see Dev/grrl/ is moving up a bit on Jackpoint but is any one else wondering how much longer She can lead this double life before She gets busted or som thing and has to arrange her own extraction?

+Quote Post
Pepsi Jedi
post Feb 16 2012, 08:16 AM
Post #24

Running Target

QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Feb 15 2012, 08:15 PM) *
Yeah, or I could just be a lazy smartass. And 5 mins? I'm usually reading my purchased and downloaded copy within 2 mins of seeing the publication notice. What *are* you doing with the other 3 mins? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I did say '5 minutes, if that'. Meaning usually less.

it takes me less, but if you had to look for your credit card or something. *Shrugs and grins*

+Quote Post
snowRaven
post Feb 16 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #25

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,516

QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Feb 15 2012, 08:44 PM) *
Y'know, I didn't even think about that when I was proofing this. Errata, maybe. Who knows? (It's a fun book, though; I had a blast with it.)

It's easy as a GM to allow or disallow qualities on a case by case basis, though.

Heck, usually I have my players roll randomly to see what they get unless they had a specific request...

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:48 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.