Boomer1985
post Mar 2 2012, 05:57 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,621

So i was skimming my book during work and i noticed on pg121 of sr4a

Archery (Agility)
Archery governs the use of muscle-powered projectiles weapons.
Default: Yes
Skill Group: None
Specializations: Bows, Crossbows, Slingshots

Why are sling shots included i've looked aand scoured through countless weapons lists and i don't ever recall a single slingshot stated out in this game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Mar 2 2012, 06:05 AM
Post #2

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

Because they are lame. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Actually, I assume the person writing the Specializations didn't talk to the people writing the other sections. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
Boomer1985
post Mar 2 2012, 06:07 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 17,621

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Mar 2 2012, 12:05 AM) *
Actually, I assume the person writing the Specializations didn't talk to the people writing the other sections. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

Yeah that makes sense but that specialization is in the core book too as an example and you would think that someone may have caught it

+Quote Post
TwoDee
post Mar 2 2012, 07:03 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 50,638

I can kind of understand it. They work on roughly the same physics principles, and it would be kind of silly to have a slingshots skill on its own.

+Quote Post
CeeJay
post Mar 2 2012, 07:23 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

From: Nowhere near you... unless you happen to be near Cologne.
Member No.: 16,776

QUOTE (Boomer1985 @ Mar 2 2012, 06:57 AM) *
Why are sling shots included i've looked aand scoured through countless weapons lists and i don't ever recall a single slingshot stated out in this game.

Actually, there are slingshot stats in the game. It's on page 18 in Arsenal. So they had to assign its use to a skill and I think archery came closest.

-CJ

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Mar 2 2012, 08:09 AM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 948

Slingshots arent bad, it all depends on campaign. I can see a lot of homeless bums knocking out devilrats with them (See the new movie, coming to theaters near you in 2074 - Troll Hobo With A Slingshot, starring Roofter Howitzer).

The question is how flexible the weapon is in regards to ammunition. Capsule rounds are the first ones that comes to mind (which would essentially be paintball rounds).

A modern slingshot can be VERY dangerous, now imagine it in the hands of a moderate strength troll - that will be the same damage output as a heavy pistol. It also completely silent.

We also have the luxury of smartlinks for only 30Y, which makes it even more funny as the external version is 400Y. An underbarrel weight would be possible as well since it would be a stabilizer mounted at the bottom of the handle - but it becomes a bit expensive if we start to look towards the gyrostabilizer.

Possible Ammunition

Capsule Rounds: As above, we use paintball rounds filled with whatever we like.
Ex-Explosive Rounds: Capsule round filled with impact detonated explosive
Frangible Rounds: Glass beads that shatter on impact
Silver bullet: Silver ball (duh)
Hi-C Plastic Round: yes, well, plastic balls, less impact etc...

And perhaps we should allow it to be armour piercing...
Slingshot VS Coconut

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:11 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.