IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ghost Cartels, ...was it destined that the chars. doublecross the J?
Machiavelli
post Mar 5 2012, 08:53 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,749

Right at the moment we are in Italy and try to "convince" the priests to let the ’Ndrangheta go on with their jobs, but we agreed now that this "niveau" of work is too low for us. We we tried to solve the job otherwise and strangely the GM didn´t look too much surprised. I don´t have the book at hand, so please tell me if this was intended.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Makki
post Mar 5 2012, 09:09 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 18,036

afaik Italy is part of the Euro-Tour addition in the German version. I'm not sure it is in the original american print.

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Mar 5 2012, 09:56 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 872

My players just screwed up which caused Riveiros to dump them in Caracas when the drek hit the fan.

Net effect the same.

- J.

+Quote Post
snowRaven
post Mar 5 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,516

QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Mar 5 2012, 09:53 AM) *
Right at the moment we are in Italy and try to "convince" the priests to let the ’Ndrangheta go on with their jobs, but we agreed now that this "niveau" of work is too low for us. We we tried to solve the job otherwise and strangely the GM didn´t look too much surprised. I don´t have the book at hand, so please tell me if this was intended.

That section is indeed only in the european version of ghost cartels (I have the french version, as well as the english one).

I recently ran it for my players, and they decided against doing anything directly against the priests. Instead they suggested that their employer should try to bring in their own priests to work from the inside.

That section of Ghost Cartels is only a single paragraph - it doesn't have any suggestions on how to solve the problem, no information on the priests, and no suggestions on how to handle it other than that the runners should solve it without violence. It's entirely up to the GM, and I decided that my players' suggestion was enough to satisfy Cordero since he has other, more important, things on his mind at that stage.

The european part of Ghost Cartels is very dark, involving a lot of things that are probably morally questionable for many players. In the campaign that I ran my players ended up making some very difficult choices, and one player was on the verge of trying to murder Cordero toward the end - only circumstance stopped him.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:46 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.