Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Runners Toolkit question
galvatron42
post Mar 8 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,574

I got my Runners Toolkit in yesterday and I love it. I'm very happy that someone suggested it to me. I have a question regarding the PACKS book though. If you choose the troll metatype, you actually get 10 BPs back. Is this right? I do not know the system well enough yet to "check the math" so to speak, so I was wondering if anyone here could tell me why that is. It just seems odd to me that the most expensive race to play gives you points back. Thanks for any help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snowRaven
post Mar 8 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,516

Yeah, it's because you get points back for the reduced attributes.

Normally, you only get a reduced maximum, but applying the metapacks 'PACK-style' give you reductions.

For the troll:
Agi -1 = -10 BPs
Cha -2 = -20 BPs
Int -1 = -10 BPs
Log -1 = -10 BPs

This is -50 BPs, and the cost for Troll is 40, so you total -10. (the +4 Body and Strength are already included in the Troll racial cost)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 8 2012, 11:47 PM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

And that doesn't even include the Infrared Vision, Dermal Deposits, Horns, Greater Reach, Greater Speed, 3+ Metres in height, and the racism that goes along with it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
snowRaven
post Mar 8 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 9 2012, 12:47 AM) *
And that doesn't even include the Infrared Vision, Dermal Deposits, Horns, Greater Reach, Greater Speed, 3+ Metres in height, and the racism that goes along with it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

But see, all those things are balanced in cost by the racism (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Well, that and the difficulty in finding a really nice pair of vintage Jimmy Cho's in your size...

+Quote Post
galvatron42
post Mar 9 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 18,574

Thanks snowRaven! Now I can explain it to my players when they come over for character gen Saturday. PACKS is going to make that much, much faster.

+Quote Post
snowRaven
post Mar 9 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #6

Shooting Target

QUOTE (galvatron42 @ Mar 9 2012, 01:01 AM) *
Thanks snowRaven! Now I can explain it to my players when they come over for character gen Saturday. PACKS is going to make that much, much faster.

You are most welcome! I hope you have a fun creation session.

Just make sure to double check the final build - there are a few small things in there that's a bit wonky, I believe, and I think some combos can push you over normal BP limits for stuff. I have yet to find anything serious, but I remember there was some minor tweaks necessary when my group used it (that may have been due to some custom stuff and char gen house rules though - not sure).

But yeah, PACKs is great for new players - and it can be quite useful for experienced ones as well (Not to mention lazy GMs)

+Quote Post
Froggie
post Mar 9 2012, 02:20 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 16,668

Without PACKS I couldn't have created 4 characters for 4 newbies in one night.

Using it for just the attributes and a few skill packs is a major help.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:07 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.