Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Escape from the city?, oh boy
GM Lich
post Mar 11 2012, 08:13 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,636

So I've been thinking that just to shake things up in the city, up first I was running parts of the Denver missions. Now that I've gotten used to running shadowrun again, I was thinking of shaking things up and changing settings. I think an interesting way to do this is that runners have angered some major powers. This major power, decides he doesn't want the runners in the town, but he decides it would be entertaining to watch them run away.So I'm thinking perhaps the runners are suddenly hung up to dry, all their contacts seem to be avoiding them or not responding. So my challenges are as follows:
Where should the runners run off to?
I'm thinking a foreign country outside of the default shadowrun area, something slightly exotic for a short time until things cool down
What major power should be opposition?
My suspects right now is Ares, One of the runners took records on file Ares because he was a former military member. Also they've done some things to piss off Lone Star. It involves a helicopter crashing into some office building
Yakuza, I did run some of the Denver adventures, and they seemed to be an adversary a lot times
A Dragon, this I've been toying this idea been using this for a while
The most difficult part is figuring out how I should do this, I'm thinking of perhaps sending rating 6 grunts at them along with some prime runners, and overwhelm them,give em a clue that they have been compromised and get some advice to get out of the country asap. Of course they can cross the borders of denvers to stall but the forces will get them eventually. So I was curious have you guys done this sort of thing before. Any advice, dos or don't. Ideas for the mission
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kzt
post Mar 11 2012, 08:40 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

You can't run from a Ares or a great dragon. Well, you can, but you'll just die tired. Ares is the premier worldwide military power, with enormous (and often underrated) magical capabilities. They can find you anywhere you run to and can then come and get you. Great dragons (who don't run megacorps...) are not in the same class, but are crazy powerful magicians and have very extensive resources. In both cases people would normally have to try pretty hard to get them to really pay attention, but if the players succeed it's going to be very ugly for the players.

I'd suggest using someone with a lot less resources than a mega or a GD.

We had the whole "run out town and hide" plot. We decided to follow the advice of out trusted contacts who called us and said "You need to leave town tonight".

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Mar 11 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #3

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

Well, there is one place you could run.

Aztlan.

That has it's own set of problems though.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-k

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Mar 11 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #4

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

Perhaps they mildly inconvenienced Ghostwalker and he decided to amuse himself and have them run out of town by pulling a Lars J. Matthews on them. He has them Hung Out to Dry (in fairness, one of their contacts - preferably one who is, themselves, far outside the city - should call them and shout "You need to drop whatever you're doing and get the frag out of Denver, now!") and declares open season on them for three days or something.

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Mar 11 2012, 02:56 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 17,952

Instead of pissing off the top guy at Ares maybe just a division or wholly owned LLC? Ares can't spend ridiculous resources to find and destroy everyone that every exec at Ares gets pissed at. They'd go broke. Each division and group of a large company has to deal with its own problems unless the problem is truly far beyond them and is an existential risk. I doubt any runner group would qualify. Instead I'd suggest using the Enemy flaw from Runner's Companion, or the 4e equivalent.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 11 2012, 02:57 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

Microexplosives next to some major veins that will go "POP" after a day or so, just enough to bleed internally to death?

Designer virus that will kill them in a few hours if they don't get the cure?

Why break with the classics of the "Escape" series?

"Call me Snake."

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Mar 11 2012, 04:24 PM
Post #7

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

Once, my guys angered some smallish/medium Seattle organized crime or something, so they trekked cross-country to the Gulf of Mexico, then by boat to the Caribs. Maybe not plausible, but they wanted to play the same characters in the Caribbean. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Critias
post Mar 11 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #8

Freelance Elf

Member No.: 6,714

Now I'm just picturing Ghostwalker hanging out, with beer bottles on each talon, clinking them together, and cooing "Shadowrunners...come out to plaaa-a-a-a-aay!"

+Quote Post
Angelone
post Mar 11 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 7,409

QUOTE (Critias @ Mar 11 2012, 10:28 AM) *
Now I'm just picturing Ghostwalker hanging out, with beer bottles on each talon, clinking them together, and cooing "Shadowrunners...come out to plaaa-a-a-a-aay!"

Beautiful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif) That movie was a very good Shadowrun gang movie, low end gangs anyway.

Denver wouldn't be a deathtrap to escape from with all the recent goings on. The ZDF is no joke but should be escapable.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Mar 11 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #10

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

Have them run to Hong Kong. It is an Awesome city to run in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Method
post Mar 11 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #11

Street Doc

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,114

QUOTE (Daylen @ Mar 11 2012, 08:56 AM) *
Instead of pissing off the top guy at Ares maybe just a division or wholly owned LLC? Ares can't spend ridiculous resources to find and destroy everyone that every exec at Ares gets pissed at. They'd go broke. Each division and group of a large company has to deal with its own problems unless the problem is truly far beyond them and is an existential risk. I doubt any runner group would qualify. Instead I'd suggest using the Enemy flaw from Runner's Companion, or the 4e equivalent.

I think this is reasonable. The corps probably maintain a "most wanted" list of targets that they will eliminate at any cost, but otherwise there are probably jurisdictions a smart runner can navigate. Which is not to say the corp can't dispatch a special investigator or a reasonably-priced runner team to find them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

+Quote Post
GM Lich
post Mar 12 2012, 01:38 AM
Post #12

Target

Member No.: 17,636

I like ShadowDragon8685's idea of mildly inconvenience Ghostwalker or what not and for entertainment perhaps he puts a sizable bounty on their heads along with the others (Of course they won't know how this happened unless they start doing some heavy hacking/researching or digging)
The subsections of Ares, after them also sounds amusing to do so. (Also what sane GM would send ALL of ARES or DRAGON at them that just sounds cruel) Perhaps that subsection of team hires some runners to fight em. I could do a combination of both, Ghostwalker pulls the strings of the bounty but the Ares subdivision is especially after them. Along with a bunch of runners looking to make a fast buck.
As for locations for them to run off to I have the following suggestions so far:
Aztlan
Hong Kong

+Quote Post
Kolinho
post Mar 12 2012, 02:26 AM
Post #13

Target

Member No.: 50,728

My campaign is (touch wood) going to send them off to the Carib League by the 5th run or so. Looks like a lot of fun, plan on having them chase down some smuggler head honcho there, and whilst there get mixed up in some funky voodoo.

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Mar 12 2012, 02:43 AM
Post #14

Running Target

Member No.: 17,952

QUOTE (Critias @ Mar 11 2012, 04:28 PM) *

That would never work! Now if he had a box of pizza AND a keg of beer...

+Quote Post
kzt
post Mar 12 2012, 03:39 AM
Post #15

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

QUOTE (GM Lich @ Mar 11 2012, 06:38 PM) *
The subsections of Ares, after them also sounds amusing to do so. (Also what sane GM would send ALL of ARES or DRAGON at them that just sounds cruel) Perhaps that subsection of team hires some runners to fight em.

The problem with Ares is that they don't forget. The warrant goes into their rather secure databanks and waits for someone to ask about them. Eventually someone from KE or Ares will run into them and run their biometrics (or IDs if they haven't replaced them) and the nature of the interaction might take a turn for the worse when the warrant shows up on their monitors, and on the displays at dispatch.

Of course, if they first decide to have a well connected fixer find out how they might get Ares to forget about that "little incident" in the past this can get resolved.

Hong Kong is the best done of the various foreign locations.

+Quote Post
Stingray
post Mar 12 2012, 05:11 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,002

..REALLY p***ed-off powerful City Spirit , new place..Hong Kong,Chicago...

+Quote Post
Bearclaw
post Mar 12 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #17

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,304

My group played the Denver missions. On the one where we were supposed to track down the smuggler who'd dumped his load, and threaten his wife and stuff. We said "screw that". He had a T-bird, so we partnered up, moved up to Seattle and got into the smuggling business.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:21 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.