IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rich Riggers racing their biodrones?, Damn them rich folks!
Jhaiisiin
post Mar 15 2012, 03:27 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,334

Saw this commercial, and immediately thought of this crew as being a bunch of well-off people in the 6th world, watching their prize riggers race prized biodrones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivt-wa3fIj0
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 15 2012, 03:40 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

Especially considering there was a 1932 Ford Coupe Hotrod there. Not even a Rat Rod, but a full HOT ROD!

+Quote Post
The Jake
post Mar 15 2012, 04:00 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 872

Well in Vice I'm pretty sure there was a criminal called the Puppet Master who could build is own human stirrup interface from wierd bits of tech (Juryrigger quality I'm guessing... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .

Pretty sure rich folks getting access to do that sort of thing is possible. Anyone see Hostel 1 & 2? That showed us a lot of things are possible if you got enough money after all...

- J.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 15 2012, 04:17 AM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Hell, with enough money, anything is possible. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
snowRaven
post Mar 15 2012, 01:26 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,516

QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 15 2012, 05:17 AM) *
Hell, with enough money, anything is possible. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

well...within the laws of the universe and only somewhat beyond the technology curve.

But yeah, I can see Biodrone racing...not to mention 'Surrogates'-style stuff with illegal human biodrone technology...

+Quote Post
Blade
post Mar 15 2012, 01:34 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 9,466

Everything you can do, within the limits of the laws of the universe, depends on two factors: time & money.

Given enough money you can pay the entire Earth population to work towards your goal, giving them all the money they need to do it, and - if the laws of the universe allow it - it'll just be a matter of time before you reach it.
If you haven't got enough money, you'll have less people working towards your goal (until even you can't do it), and you'll need more time (up to infinite time).

+Quote Post
Daddy's Litt...
post Mar 15 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,668

If you don't have the toys to play, Have the money and among the rich and fabulous you can still socialize. Think of the parties at the Monnaco grand prix even though most of those people are not racers.

On the other end of the scale there is the element of slumming. You have enough money to build a big toy and go down to the 'streets' to play with the 'masses.'

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Mar 15 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #8

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

QUOTE (Daddy's Little Ninja @ Mar 15 2012, 09:21 AM) *
On the other end of the scale there is the element of slumming. You have enough money to build a big toy and go down to the 'streets' to play with the 'masses.'

Heh. That's giving me an idea for a Run, actually. Rich and ancient businessman (think born in the '90s) and Leonized to his early '20s goes out and (at great expense) buys one of the rare still-extant examples of the supercar idol of his teens, something like a Porsche Carrera GT or a Bugatti Veyron or a Nissan GT-R or a Lamborghini Murchiélago and decides he's going to chase the dream he had before he became a crushingly successful businessman and go find some young hot-rods to street race.

The Run comes from the fact that something went wrong, horribly. Either he raced for pinks and lost and he needs the Runners to reclaim his car, and sneak a huge stack of cash into the winner's bank account (because he's not a cheat; he just doesn't want to lose his car,) or the Star busted the race and he needs his car out of impound and he needs them to make the records of it go away before they get back to his corporate overlords.

It could even get further complicated if the players have a DrivingAdept: he desperately wants to see his baby win against a modern riced-up tuner (difficult, but not by any stretch of the imagination impossible if it's one of the cars I mentioned,) but while he's willing to get it tuned to hell and back, he's not willing to compromise its authenticity by getting it Rigger Adepted, so the driver needs to be superhuman. (And they also need to know what the hell a clutch is.) So he'll hire them to win the race. Unfortunately, it turns out the other guys are even more desperate and hired some runners to employ violence. So he needs the Driver to win, and the rest to run interference on the other guys' hired goons. (Or just keep the Star off the race's back by giving them more important things to worry about.)

+Quote Post
Daddy's Litt...
post Mar 15 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,668

I like that.

+Quote Post
Lantzer
post Mar 15 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,335

QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Mar 15 2012, 03:26 PM) *
Heh. That's giving me an idea for a Run, actually

I had a thought... Can you image the extra problems for the Cannonball Run in 2070?

Forget Extra borders, Regulations, fuel problems, runners, nomad gangs, even scarcer services, mechanical trouble, ghost-towns filled with invae, shedim, and rogue highway spirits... Dom Delouis never had his car eaten by a Juggernaught.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 16 2012, 12:48 AM
Post #11

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Lantzer @ Mar 15 2012, 03:36 PM) *
I had a thought... Can you image the extra problems for the Cannonball Run in 2070?

Forget Extra borders, Regulations, fuel problems, runners, nomad gangs, even scarcer services, mechanical trouble, ghost-towns filled with invae, shedim, and rogue highway spirits... Dom Delouis never had his car eaten by a Juggernaught.
OK, who is running this at GenCon?

EDIT: I call dibs on the Japanese Team! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:26 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.