IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dead/Unconscious Magicians, what happens next?
Shortstraw
post Apr 4 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 29,391

I haven't played a magician so I have never really looked at the rules so what happens when a magician dies or is knocked out? I know ally spirits can become free spirits but what about bound or just plain summoned spirits? It came up in our game last night and since no one knew we used the hand of god to determine it then but what do the rules actually say?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Modular Man
post Apr 4 2012, 08:50 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,317

Unconsciousness only matters if it happens while summoning and binding spirits. If you are rendered incapacitated from drain while summoning, the spirit simply departs. If you fall unconscious from drain while Binding, the spirit becomes uncontrolled. It is then up to the spirit itself what it does with its freedom: Running away, rampaging, killing the summoner...
If the mage dies, the spirits become uncontrolled, too. An ally spirit will likely continue as a free spirit.

+Quote Post
FriendoftheDork
post Apr 15 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 9,300

If a mage dies, all his Foci becomes unattuned. Sustaining foci stops sustaining spells.

This actually came up on the first run we had in our new game, where my character killed off an enemy mage in order to defeat the sustained Im. Invisibility spell on his ninja-adept friend.

+Quote Post
Ubiquitous
post Apr 17 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 51,585

QUOTE (Modular Man @ Apr 4 2012, 03:50 PM) *
Unconsciousness only matters if it happens while summoning and binding spirits. If you are rendered incapacitated from drain while summoning, the spirit simply departs. If you fall unconscious from drain while Binding, the spirit becomes uncontrolled. It is then up to the spirit itself what it does with its freedom: Running away, rampaging, killing the summoner...
If the mage dies, the spirits become uncontrolled, too. An ally spirit will likely continue as a free spirit.
I am pretty sure the rules state that receiving a Deadly wound while summoning might result in an uncontrolled, possibly free, spirit but any spirits owing you services or performing a service are releassed (but do not become free).

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Apr 17 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #5

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

It's if you critically glitch on a Binding test that the spirit becomes uncontrolled.

If you crit glitch on Summoning, you may at most temporarily 'burn out' your ability to summon. Getting killed or incapacitated during summoning means the spirit just leaves.

-k

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:59 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.