IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Horizon advertising gone wrong, or gone horribly right?
ShadowDragon8685
post Apr 11 2012, 09:51 PM
Post #1

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,445

A DRAMATIC SURPRISE ON A QUIET SQUARE[sic]

For those who can't view YouTube - or whom are at work and shouldn't view YouTube - here's what this video, entitled "A DRAMATIC SURPRISE ON A QUIET SQUARE" (allcaps theirs, not mine) is. I strongly urge you to watch the video instead of reading my description, if possible.

[ Spoiler ]

All in all about a minute of action, but what a ride! It makes me think of Run possibilities; maybe Horizon hires some Runners to pull off something like this, perhaps a little more 'hardcore', like firing red gel rounds that shatter on impact instead of blanks that trigger squibs. Or maybe some rival company, having advance notice of the marketing scheme, hires them to waylay and replace the crew of the black van, following the script but using real bullets and mowing the other actors down before peeling away. Maybe these two facets converge, putting the runners in the role of the police officers, and they come suddenly under fire (for realsies) and have to extricate themselves from a nasty situation and/or decide to take down the other team.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VykosDarkSoul
post Apr 11 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 50,732

that......is........AWESOME!

+Quote Post
Adarael
post Apr 11 2012, 10:47 PM
Post #3

Deus Absconditus

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,566

That is... so awesome. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Eratosthenes
post Apr 11 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,409

Indeed!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Apr 12 2012, 04:41 AM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

That's what you get for only getting a DocWagon Basic plan...

+Quote Post
D2F
post Apr 12 2012, 05:39 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,001

Awesome! Great find!

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Apr 12 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #7

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

Seems they cut together multiple presses of said button.

I see a bike rider, a kid and a lady all at some point having pressed the button.

Btw, this seems to be in the spirit of classical candid camera style practical jokes. My favorite of such may well be the old Norwegian one where a wodden crate gets delivered to some office floor, barely fitting thru the door. The receptionist makes a fuss about the crate being delivered to the wrong address, and takes the delivery guys into a side office to talk to a manager. While they are there, the crate is dismantled and replaced with a identical one, except for being slightly bigger. So when the gang returns, having the address issue cleared up and ready to take the crate back, they can't get it past the door. Hilarity then ensues as they try all manner of ways to get it out.

+Quote Post
Tias
post Apr 13 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,824

I can't in good conscience advocate doing this kind of thing in a crowded urban environment. That said, it's innovative and very interesting! I'd press that damn button in a heartbeat (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Eratosthenes
post Apr 13 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,409

QUOTE (Tias @ Apr 13 2012, 02:36 PM) *
I can't in good conscience advocate doing this kind of thing in a crowded urban environment. That said, it's innovative and very interesting! I'd press that damn button in a heartbeat (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Can you imagine the shootout going down in, say, a rural Texan town?

Some of the bystanders might just join in!

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Apr 13 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #10

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

QUOTE (Tias @ Apr 13 2012, 02:36 PM) *

I'd go to town on the button. And you're right, that would likely go wrong in much of the world.

The kind of wrong that would be perfect in Shadowrun.

QUOTE (Eratosthenes @ Apr 13 2012, 02:46 PM) *
Can you imagine the shootout going down in, say, a rural Texan town?

Some of the bystanders might just join in!

It's all fun and games until someone thinks that this is It, the Big One, a real shoot-out, his chance to get himself a medal... Or just, you know, a crisis wherein his actions may make the difference between innocent people walking home and getting kidnapped. (Depending on just what motivations you ascribe to him.)

Of course, it would've been funny if someone ha jumped in before the gun-fight, to join in the beat-down.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:28 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.