Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forum & Topic Subscriptions, Observations
Redjack
post May 8 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #1

Man Behind the Curtain

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

I was doing a little clean up on the database and noticed that not as many people are subscribed to email updates from various forums and topics as I had thought. Is that because people simple don't want the updates or don't understand how to manage them?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post May 8 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #2

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

i don't because i hate it to get an email every time somebody answers a threat i posted in . .
seeing how th threats here can get pages upon pages long, that clutters up mail-boxes like nobodys business . .

+Quote Post
Redjack
post May 8 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #3

Man Behind the Curtain

Member No.: 3

I tend to manage my subscriptions. All my pbp topics. Any post in this forums. When I start I new topic in in the main Shadowrun forum, I usually unsubscribe pretty quickly as that clutter you described begins quickly.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post May 8 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #4

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

Yah, and i am lazy.
The board icons tell me where there has been activiy, when there has been activity in threads i posted in . .
I simply don't need another reminder . . i check dumpshock at least every 5 minutes anyway ^^#

+Quote Post
phlapjack77
post May 9 2012, 01:10 AM
Post #5

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,611

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 9 2012, 07:24 AM) *
Yah, and i am lazy.
The board icons tell me where there has been activiy, when there has been activity in threads i posted in . .
I simply don't need another reminder . . i check dumpshock at least every 5 minutes anyway ^^#

QFT

+Quote Post
Thanee
post May 16 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #6

jacked in

Member No.: 463

I also don't use e-mail notifications by choice.

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Grinchy McScroog...
post May 16 2012, 02:14 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,321

QUOTE (Redjack @ May 8 2012, 03:47 PM) *
I tend to manage my subscriptions. All my pbp topics. Any post in this forums. When I start I new topic in in the main Shadowrun forum, I usually unsubscribe pretty quickly as that clutter you described begins quickly.

I only use email notifications for my pbp stuff or to track a thread I'm particularly interested. Otherwise, I just use the sites View New Posts function to avoid the infinite clutter.

Also, any post received by email will not reflect any edits, which can have a detrimental effect to your response if you don't take the time to reread every single post you read by email. This is nothing against this board; it's just the nature of forums in general.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 11:20 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.