Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spirits and languages
Tanegar
post Jun 17 2012, 01:13 AM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,731

A question came up in today's session: what metahuman languages, if any, do spirits speak? I don't know of any clarifying passage in the book, so my off-the-cuff ruling is that a spirit has the same language skills as its summoner (in this case, Norwegian N and English 4.) Does RAW address this issue at all?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aerospider
post Jun 17 2012, 02:29 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 17,968

QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jun 17 2012, 02:13 AM) *
A question came up in today's session: what metahuman languages, if any, do spirits speak? I don't know of any clarifying passage in the book, so my off-the-cuff ruling is that a spirit has the same language skills as its summoner (in this case, Norwegian N and English 4.) Does RAW address this issue at all?

To my knowledge no and it's always bugged me, though it has yet to be an issue in my game. I don't really like the idea of spirits being limited by language - traditions encompass many languages so how would it be that a summoned spirit always knew the right language(s) and never the wrong ones? I'm tempted to house-rule it that spirits communicate psychically. Can anybody suggest why this might be a terrible idea (as I suspect it might).

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Jun 17 2012, 02:31 AM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 9,731

It's RAW that spirits have a psychic link with their summoner, but I'm not wild about the idea of general telepathy. That's just me, though.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jun 17 2012, 03:02 AM
Post #4

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

We don't even know what senses they have, besides Astral Sense. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm not sure spirits can hear or speak, let alone in the right language(s).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:41 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.