IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [IC]This Land is Our Land: On The Run, Mr. Johnson, I Presume?
Scarecrow
post Jul 21 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,016

Game on. I'm going to start every IC thread with this information so it doesn't get lost:

Speech, thought, commlink, and matrix text formatting for this campaign.

"Speech" (always good to color that to make it stand out)
Thoughts
<< @<TO> [<FROM>] Commlink Communications >>
<< Matrix Actions >>

Example of dice roll formatting.

11d6.hits(5) = 4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 21 2012, 04:37 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Denver, Colorado
Friday, April 29, 2072 19:30 hours

Another day, another struggle for survival in the sprawl. The streets that used to be the one, unified city of Denver have become a hard place to earn a living, and you are no exception. It's raining slightly, the Zone Defense Force (ZDF) is running another high-profile "protect and serve" visibility campaign lately, and the pickings for jobs in the shadows have been lighter than slim. It really is a catch-22: how does one get a reputation without doing jobs, and how does one get jobs without a reputation?

You're awake this fine, drizzly evening pondering what you are going to do to get your name out to the right people - for the right jobs, of course - when a familiar holo-pic pops up in the left corner of your AR display. That big, toothy grin that could only come from Smiley, and the blinking yellow exclamation point next to his smiling mug tells you that, at the very least, he thinks why he's calling is important. You answer the call, and hear his very un-ork-like smooth voice dripping in your audio channel.

<<[<FROM>]Smiley
Yeah, I got a job for you. Looks like something you could handle. Meet Mr. Johnson - and the others that I think you should team up with - at 21:00 at Infinity. The meet will be in a private conference room, so tell the elf bartender chica that you're with the Johnson party. And do us both a favor and dress like you know what you're doing.>>

Smiley then does what you're accustomed to him doing - he drops the line without even so much as waiting for you to say hello.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 21 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #3

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Scarlet's Flat; Denver, Colorado

He's definitely not wasting time... Scarlet thinks after the brief communication is over.

Still one and a half hours left to prepare for the meeting.

The next step is to get some more intel about the meeting place. Infinity.

Running a quick data search, the hacker looks for information about the place.
What is it? Where is it? What is the typical clientele? How to dress?

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
johnnytenpins
post Jul 23 2012, 01:24 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 19,146

I hate it when he does that.

Apparently tonight will not be for stalking, but some work would be nice, nuyen's getting tight.

Finishing up the old movie he was watching, Nitwit threw on his jacket- forgoing his normal nighttime garb for this Johnson meet (Smiley's toothy grin pooped in his mind when he thought about his jumpsuit "and dress like you know what you are doing")- and popped a few choice items in his pockets. He slid the few other possessions he had under his bedroll and followed the directions coming up in his AR to the Infinity.

Sticking to the shadows as best he could, Nitwit looked for a place to get eyes on the meeting place a bit ahead of time and scope it out for an hour or so, keeping an eye on comings and goings out the front door- getting a sense of the clientele and looking for anything unusual.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Jul 23 2012, 02:20 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,252

Ocho's apartment
Friday, April 29 2072 19:30

"Sir, yes sir!" Ocho thought wryly as Smiley's icon vanished from AR. He saved the page of the AR 'zine he had been reading and closed it before heading for the shower. Account's getting kinda bare, though. Infinity...hmmm, where have I heard that before.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
LeighFox
post Jul 23 2012, 05:22 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 53,060

Bastet's Apartment
Friday, April 29 2072 19:30

Sammy stretches out beneath the faux-cotton sheets of her bed languidly, a slight purr catching in her throat; her friend had left just a short while ago, and the young woman was feeling lazy and content. The beep of her comlink catchers her attention, however. Not the plain Emperor sitting on her night-table, but the Airware tucked between her mattresses.

Letting out a little groan, Sammy rolls over onto her side, sliding her hand between the mattresses to fish it out, then unlocks it and lets it access the image and audio-links implanted in her body.

<<[<FROM>]Smiley
Yeah, I got a job for you. Looks like something you could handle. Meet Mr. Johnson - and the others that I think you should team up with - at 21:00 at Infinity. The meet will be in a private conference room, so tell the elf bartender chica that you're with the Johnson party. And do us both a favor and dress like you know what you're doing.>>

Knowing well how succinct the ork can be, Sammy doesn't bother trying to reply. Instead, she glances over at the time then sighs.

Crap. 90 minutes, give or take. Dress like I know what I'm doing? What exactly will I be doing? the neko ponders, frowning. Another little sigh as she sits up, then slips from between the sheets, tossing the commlink onto her bed before heading into the bathroom.

Twenty minutes pass before Sammy emerges wrapped in a towel, her neko-ears twitching and tail flicking slowly side to side as it drips water. without pausing she takes up the subdermal mic linked to her commlink and nestles it against the hollow of her throat. Once afixed comfortably, Sammy begins to murmur to it.

"Datasearch. Infinity, Denver. Check clubs, bars and restaraunts." she orders the commlink, then turns to get herself ready. As she begins to dress, Sammy frowns a little and lets her thoughts drift.

Infinity... the name seems familiar, but hell... I've been to clubs in half a dozen cities. she muses, trying to remember if she knew anything about an Infinity here in Denver.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
taeksosin
post Jul 23 2012, 05:22 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 38,733

Moo's Apartment

Now let's see...the green 'ad a right good, beefy taste ter it, sort of like the perfect steak ter accompany a right good Shiraz. Gotta balance it out fough, too much of a meaty taste and this paintin' ain't gonna go anywhere. Right. Hmm...baby greens, then, squire? No...too simple, right, it wouldn't motch the complexities that were already present. But a nice Niçoise might do the bloody trick...yes. So the purple and just an 'int of orange...

The scene inside the apartment was at odds with its location. Bad part of town, crying babies and gunshots the common night noises, chipheads and the more stately substance abuse folks crowding around burning barrels. Inside the apartment, pure creativity as the hulking figure handled the large by any other measure paint brush with a gentle touch. The canvas in front of him was streaked with nonsensical patterns of color that were garish at best. But, at this point, it wasn't so much about the product as it was the process. The call from Smiley was an unwelcome, but not unwanted, interruption.

That lad right needs ter slow dahn. Maybe I should spot if I can rabbit and pork 'im into tryin' a Cool Wite one of these days, right, might 'elp 'is business. But...hour and an 'alf, gotta start 'ave a lookin' and feelin' ace. Is it worff slottin' an Intrepid Indigo for a bit before the meet, eh, mate? I'd 'ave ter have it gahn at the same time as the meet else I'll be a wreck of nerves...and 'ooever I'm bloody well workin' wiv is gonna wanna plan. Better play it cool for now. Take an 'alf 'our or so ter tidy up and cop over these glorious colors, ffen start 'eadin' towards this Infinity place.

That decided on, the junkie dialed the chip down to about half of its potency and started running the shower in the vain hope the water would heat up and, just maybe this time, not be tinged with rust. Shampoo, deodorant, a splash of cologne, some toothpaste and his one nice working suit later, the tripping artist was transformed into the very picture of professionalism.

Time ter make some brass.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 23 2012, 02:29 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Scarlet
You run a simple data search, and the amount of information returned almost knocks you over. Infinity is the latest up-scale dance club that all the wannabes and club kids like to hang out at, hoping that they can get entrance to look cool in front of the posers who stand in line for hours. Typical music being played at the club, according to the information received, is a combination of underground industrial and techno-synth, all pumped together with blasting neo-grunge bass. Just the kind of music that makes you wonder why you listen to it at all. And you gather from the information that typical attire is, of course, the latest in form-fitting body suits with neon face and hand paint optional, but recommended.

Scarlet, Sammy, and Ocho
Based on your area knowledge (Sammy and Ocho) and your data search (Scarlet), you find that the club is located in the CAS zone, near The Hub. The Hub is what used to be old downtown Denver, and is where the ruling governmental council has their offices. It also houses a lot of upscale restaurants, bars, and clubs, as well as shopping and other upper end/high scale housing and businesses. You are also thanking your lucky stars right now that Infinity isn't located inside The Hub because, as you are all in CAS, getting in would be a pain in the ass: You'd have to either enter through the single checkpoint from CAS (which is always heavily guarded and EVEYRBODY in the station gets stopped), or you'd have to go through a checkpoint into UCAS or PCC and then through a checkpoint into The Hub. Damned ZDF really makes things hard on runners, don't they?

Nitwit
You make your way to the club, staying to the shadows, well before the scheduled time of the meet (it's close to 20:00 hours, about an hour before the meet when you get there). You can see, across the parking lot - which is well lit, by the way - a line forming near the large, red double doors, complete with velvet rope and 2 very large, very ugly, but well-dressed troll bouncers. Each of them has a small wand in his hand, which is being used to scan people as they enter the joint. Your best guess is some type of MAD scanner, but you notice that some people are being allowed in after a litte palm-greasing is done to avoid the scanner. The longer you stand there, the longer the line gets. At the present time, the line is about 5 minutes long. By 20:15, the line will be about 15 minutes long, and by 20:30 the line will be about 20 minutes long.

Scarlet, Ocho, Moo, Sammy
You are able to make your way to the club easily, even though it's Friday night, and you arrive early enough to make sure you can get in (about 20:30 hours). Traffic isn't that bad driving through CAS, mostly because a lot of people still have a tendency to avoid CAS at night. It's not unsecure, but the ZDF doesn't have much of a presence in this sector and in some portions of the sector crime is pretty bad. Bad enough that even some runners won't set foot in parts of the sprawl. When you arrive - individually, of course - you see the same scene in front of the door that was described above for Nitwit - 2 large, well-dressed but ugly troll bouncers are using a MAD scanner on most people standing in line before letting them in. And the line is about 20 minutes long, give or take.

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Jul 23 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Ocho's Apartment
Friday, April 29 2072 19:35

Ocho shivered a bit as he rifled through the closet for appropriate clothing. The rationing had barely put the water temperature above freezing, and with it still being spring on the FRZ that meant a short shower to avoid the chills. Still, the cold had at least jogged some details free about the club. He took an dark green collared shirt unadorned but for a small eagle, anchor, and globe emblem embroidered in a darker green centered just above the pocket, charcoal slacks and matching sport jacket from the closet. Not high-key enough for the Actioneer, but too good an area for anything grubby. This should do fine. Before donning the shirt, Ocho pulled one of the locked totes from under the bed and took out the slim armored vest from it. It was a little tighter than it was last month, but not so snug that breathing would be painful. Never thought I'd miss morning PT...wonder if there's a gym around here. Ocho grabbed the Airware loaded with Javier's persona from the top drawer of his nightstand, synched it with the contact lenses he placed in his eyes, made sure there was some CAS scrip in his billfold (just in case), and locked the multiple deadbolts behind him as he left.

Outside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29 2072 20:26

SIN broadcast: Javier Saborío | PAN mode: Passive

Ocho glanced at the growing line as he cruised into the parking lot. Hmmm...cutting it a little close, should have left a few minutes earlier. Glad I left the steel at home, don't think I've got enough to bribe my way past those two. He peered again at the people in line outside. And it appears that I badly misjudged the dress code. Damn. Not that I'd wear that shit in the first place... He set a countdown timer in the top corner of his vision for 21:00, and hoped the line moved a little quicker than it appeared to from the car.

+Quote Post
johnnytenpins
post Jul 23 2012, 09:52 PM
Post #10

Target

Hmm, front door is an option. But I will stick out like a sore thumb in that crowd, and I don't need any unnecessary attention. All I need to do is find a way inside and talk to the bartender...

Waiting around for more people to get in line is just increasing the chance to get noticed. Keeping his options open, Nitwit leaves his spot at 20:20 and attempts to make quick circuit around the building looking for side entrances, utility exits, loading docks, fire escapes, etc, while leaving him time to get in line by 20:30 at the latest if he doesn't find any other way in.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
taeksosin
post Jul 24 2012, 01:27 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Outside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29 2072 20:29

CMT Clip SIN broadcast: Darvic Hid | PAN mode: Passive

The line of wannabes at the door is nothing new. Most J's seemed to always want to meet at whatever the latest hot club in town was or some run down bar because it was gritty and made them feel like the J from the latest Chrome Knights episode. Of course, most weren't hiring runners for some altruistic job that would be to the benefit of metahumanity. It was normally greed, C.Y.A., or vengeance. All of which were okay in Moo's book.

Excuse me tart, right, comin' frough. Out of the bleedin' way divvy, right, I'm bloody well important and yor not. While not exactly pushing his way through the crowd, Moo makes his way towards the front of the line like he owns the place. Buggers like this, right, it's ninety percent attitude and ten percent intimidation. Since I'm bloody well bigger than most of these blokes, that ten percent is no problem. And I know I belong 'ere, and these tossers don't.

Once he reaches the front of the line, he sees the person just before him grease one of the troll's palms before being waved through without even a cursory inspection with the MAD wands. Chuckling internally, he gives the two a small nod and changes his voice to a tone that demands respect and expects to get what it wants.

"Wotcher fella, let me in," he says to the troll on the right.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 24 2012, 06:23 AM
Post #12

jacked in

Outside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29, 2072 20:33 hours

Since her tight-fitting, leathery armor-suit should fit the dresscode well enough, Scarlet dresses in that, making sure that she is properly styled (but without the neon-trash). And since she probably won't get in with her guns, anyways, the hacker decides to only take the light pistol, just in case, and leave the others in her cabinet.

Then she hops on her snow-white motorcycle and drives to the club.

What a bunch of losers ... she thinks upon seeing the crowd. Hopefully this doesn't take too long.

While in the parking lot, Scarlet pulls out one of her tiny Fly-Spy drones to keep watch here.

+Quote Post
LeighFox
post Jul 24 2012, 09:39 AM
Post #13

Target

Outside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29, 2072 20:34 hours

Sammy ponders what little she knew of Infinity while getting dressed, humming and hawing a little over what to wear, letting her fingers run over various articles she has spread out on her bed.

Smiley suggested I dress like I know what I'm doing, but... well, I know how to do a lot of things, lol. I could blend in with the crowd a little... not a bad idea for a 'runner to be able to do. Going in armour, even if its just my coat, might make me stick out a bit much. On the other hand, that could be what the Johnson is expecting. So many decisions!

Finally, Sammy settles on blending in with the crowd. Let them under-estimate me a little... she muses, squirming into her most recent acquisition, a slinky Zoe Second Skin cocktail dress. Linking the dress to her PAN, she adjusts the rutherium-polymere coating so that it appears tasteful yet alluring; backless and strapless to show off her rosettes but remaining at least M-rated.

I might not look threatening, which is pretty much the point.

Satisfied with the dress, Sammy dons a pair of tasteful heels, easily removable in an emergency then takes up a matching purse. Within, her shadow-commlink, while her 'public' commlink gets tucked into the dress itseslf. A pair of tinted, wire-framed aviator glasses completes her ensemble.

"Alright, Bastet. Let's do this."

One cab-ride later finds Sammy standing in line outside of Infinity. Casually, she takes a look around at those nearby, studying them surreptiously. A rather big troll.. no, minotaur? Shoves past her rather rudely, commenting something in a rather heavy accent. A frown, but she refrains from shoving back, instead letting her tail lash side to side in agitation, cat-ears dipping back slightly. "Oaf." she growls soflty under her breath.

As she nears the front of the line, Sammy eyes the bouncer-trolls, a touch of worry filling her. Somehow I don't think my spur will make it past the MAD... I should have gotten it constructed of something non-ferrous. Dammit! Still... it looks like they might be... amiable to some sort of arrangement... the flirty neko muses, absently popping an eX past her lips and swallowing it; Sammy smiles faintly to herself as she feels a wave of giddyness overcome her.

Once at the front of the line she offers the trolls a coy little smile, brows raising a little. "'lo boys.." she purrs, tail swishing slowly behind her. Hand on hip, Sammy tilts her head, meeting both of their gazes, while using her PAN to fade the color of her dress just a little, allowing the trolls (and likely other nearby onlookers) BRIEFLY a nearly-intimate view of herself before glancing to the MAD wand.

"Mm... do I look like I'm hiding anything? I'm sure there are... more interesting things you could do with your time, hmm?"

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 24 2012, 04:51 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Nitwit
You easily make your way around the back, and even though this is a better part of town, the alleys still suck. Garbage is strewn everywhere, even though the bins are open and half-empty, and the lighting is really poor. You look around the building and see an open door that you can hear music pumping from. As you approach the door, you can see a pair of orks dressed like bus boys enjoying a synth-otine break, the smoke billowing in the air around them. You can also hear them talking about some recent sporting event, with the two disagreeing on some controversial call during the match. They are so distracted that they don't even see you slip through the door and into a dark hallway near the bathrooms inside the club.

Ocho
You stand in line for about 20 minutes, watching all the neo-trash in front of you get pumped about their new outfits and face paint. You can feel the bass lines coming from the walls, the beats so deep they make your hair shake slightly. You finally get up to the doors, and one of the trolls takes the MAD wand and runs it over you. The light on the wand blinks green, and a readout shows that you are clean. Clear, the troll says, and he waves you into the club.

Moo
You push your way to the front of the line, making the impression that you are both in a hurry and very important. You stare the troll bouncer down, demanding to be let in. He looks at you briefly, then looks over to the other bouncer - who just shrugs his shoulders and looks blatantly stupid about the situation - before standing aside and waving you into the club without so much as a second thought about it.

[ Spoiler ]

Scarlet
You get to the front of the line, faster than you anticipated, hoping that your light pistol doesn't set off the MAD scanner. You really hope for this after seeing the large minotaur push his way through the line and then (what you believe) intimidate the bouncer into letting him in. The troll bouncers don't look too happy after this, and they really start cracking down on everybody after this. When it's your turn, they run the scanner over you, and while it does pick up a lot of your cyberware, it fails to read the pistol, and the bouncers have no choice but to let you through.

[ Spoiler ]

Bastet
You swish your way to the front of the line, swaying your hips suggestively, with your tail playfully following you. When you fade the color of your dress slightly, it almost seems as if everybody stops doing whatever they were doing, and they all begin to stare. The troll bouncers both have to pick their jaws up off the ground, and if it weren't for the thumping bass beats coming from the club you'd probably be able to hear their heartbeats speed up. They just both stare at you longingly as you make your way through the doors without hassle.

[ Spoiler ]

All Characters
Inside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29, 2072 2045 hours

You have all made your way into the club, and some of you might now be questioning why. Patrons wearing the latest club fashions, most with various shades of neon face paint in a multitude of designs - although neko seems to be the most popular - writhe in time to the beats of the music, not even stopping their dancing as they drink, smoke, and...well, do what mostly naked emo vampire-wannabe clubbers do when pressed up against 30 members of the opposite sex from all directions at once.

The club itself has 2 large dance floors, stacked one on top of the other, one featuring a live band and the other with a DJ pounding out the tunes. It's hard to even tell which songs are being played as the music from both dance floors intertwines with the other, creating an almost new sound that's enough to make all but the heartiest of club-goers want to throw up. You cannot even breathe in the club without your body subconsciously doing so in time to the music.

For those of you who have AR...you are in for a real treat. As soon as you step through the doors your commlinks - whether Passive or Active - are assaulted by requests from the club to subscribe to their network, with holo-pix, holo-trids, and advertisements for the club promising nothing but the best AR experience a club can offer: Animated menus, virtual dancers, instant communication with anyone - for any reason - who is also subscribing to the network, unadvertised specials...basically, the ads promise that you'll be on the "inside track" with the club by being on their AR network.

The entire back wall of the club is taken up with the bar, which is stocked with every kind of alcohol and liquor - both real and synthetic - that one could possibly want or imagine. A small army of bartenders and waitrons keep up with drink orders, and you guess that, by some of their actions, they are not only doing this in real life but in the augmented version as well. Behind the bar you are able to spot the elf woman that Smiley told you about easily - she is the only female bartender (although their are lots of female waitrons) - and she is gorgeous.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 24 2012, 08:16 PM
Post #15

jacked in

Inside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29, 2072 20:50 hours

Scarlet is bit surprised, that the bouncers do not even notice her pistol. She wasn't even adverse to handing it out, assuming she would get it back. But now she is actually happy, that she doesn't have to leave it in their hands. Those didn't seem professional enough to handle it with the required care.

Guess you can't expect much more from such amateurs...

Inside, she tunes down the noise to reasonable levels thanks to her cybernetic damper and after blacklisting most of the assaulting AR to keep it clean, Scarlet doesn't waste time and heads right for the bar to see about the elven bartender that Smiley mentioned.

Once she has her attention, Scarlet says: "Hey! I heard someone named Johnson is throwing a party? Where do the guests go?"

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Jul 25 2012, 12:48 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

Inside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29 2072 20:50

Ocho flips his PAN to hidden after a few seconds of the AR barrage and blinks for a second as the eye-watering cascade of data disappears. Sadly, the bass doesn't get any quieter. Hope this conference room has good sound dampening, otherwise this is gonna be a looooong night. It takes a minute to suss out the bartender he's looking for, and he can't help but utter a low whistle when he sees her. Too skinny by half, but damn...

He threads his way through the press with as little shoving as he can get away with, no sense in getting tossed out of the club before the meet. It still takes several minutes, with the numbers on the timer getting smaller with every shuffling step. He gets to the bar just in time to hear a leather-clad redhead ask the same question he was going to. He shifts a weedy-looking human aside to get to the bar next to her, places his hands on it and talks loud enough to be heard over the roar of people and "music."

"Hoi, looks like we're headed for the same party."

+Quote Post
taeksosin
post Jul 25 2012, 03:22 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Inside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29 2072 20:50

The thoom thoom thoom of the bass is a welcome thing. Between it and whatever privacy would probably be offered in this club, eavesdroppers would have a hard time getting wind of what Moo's likely employment opportunity of the evening was going to be. The barrage of AR scroll across his vision isn't as distracting as some spam zones he'd experienced, and with a shrug Moo went ahead and subscribed to the network. His preferred user name, CowMan Up, was even available. The night would prove interesting, if nothing else. A sly, I know something that you don't smile fixed on his face, the slab of walking beef made a beeline towards the bar and the elf working it.

Huh, Smiley 'adn't mentioned the bartender would be ridiculously pretty, right? Not the bloody type of girl I usually go for, 'ave a looks a wee too delicate, but easy on the bloomin' mince pies all the same. If I ever cop back into the bloomin' loryerin' game I might 'ave found me secretary. Moo idly scans the crowd, looking for likely suspects to be part of the meeting tonight. A troll here, a couple of orks there, even a human with an interesting scarred look going on seem like likely candidates. Finally, it's his turn after some human woman and a solid looking ork.

"Oi there lass. Shirley Temple, extra ice. Mind tellin' me where the Johnson knees-up is meetin'?" Moo asks the bartender, his deep voice blending in a bit with the bass from the music.

+Quote Post
LeighFox
post Jul 25 2012, 04:54 AM
Post #18

Target

Stepping into the club, Sammy lets out a little purr as the throbbing baseline pulses through her body, filling her mind with its sounds. A grin, the neko steps onto the dance floor, slinking her way through the crowd towards the bar at the back, pausing occasionally to flirt with this clubber or that raver.

As she draws closer to the bar itself, Sammy sighs, spotting the big troll-minotaur-thing. Oh great, the oaf... I hope he's not one of the others.. she thinks to herself, perhaps a little over-disparigingly. Even still, the willowy neko sidles up, leaning forward to rest one arm on the bartop then offering the elven woman a wink.

"Bloody Greek Tiger, my lovely, hold the lime... mm.. might as well make it a double!" Sammy chirrups, then flashes a grin. "And maybe a sweet elven kiss to seal the deal, hmm?"

Regardless of the reply, Sammy provides the woman with a heft tip, and after taking her first sip of the tart drink, smiles smoothly once more. "I'm here for the Johnson party... can you direct me to it?" she asks, keeping her voice a little lower.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 25 2012, 07:48 AM
Post #19

jacked in

Inside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29, 2072 20:51 hours

Scarlet glances over to the orc next to her, who has also asked for the Johnson.

"Looks like, yeah. Also looks like we are not the only ones," she replies, while raising an eyebrow in suspicion upon seeing catwoman and the walking cow-level, who somehow manages to come across quite sympathic on first glance, despite a somewhat intimidating figure.

Freaky

+Quote Post
johnnytenpins
post Jul 25 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #20

Target

Coming out of the dark hallway, Nitwit makes his way to the nearest end of the bar and orders the cheapest synth-beer on tap from one of the bartenders. Spotting the wildly attractive elfish bartender, he observes her for a few minutes while sipping on his almost tasteless beverage. Noticing the interactions she has with three other people who look like they don't belong in this club...This is going to be an interesting mix.

After watching a catwoman flirt with the elf for a few moments, Nitwit catches her eye and waves his empty pint in the air to bring her down to his end of the bar.
"Help a fellow Elf out? I'm here with the Johnson party, could you direct me where to go?"

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Jul 25 2012, 03:56 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

Inside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29 2072 20:52

Ocho glances over (and up) at the minotaur, then down to the neko. "Mmmmm. Interesting. Wonder if the tall elf down there's part of the crew-to-be, as well." He indicates the elf in question with a slight up-nod of his head. "Almost seems like the start of a joke...'An elf, an ork, a minotaur, a changeling, and a human walk into a bar...' I'm Ocho, by the way." He offers his hand in greeting.

+Quote Post
taeksosin
post Jul 26 2012, 04:27 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Inside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29 2072 20:52

Moo glances down at the catgirl and hides a grin behind his drink. Between her and the human, the run was looking like it'd be interesting to say the least.

The minotaur smiles as he finishes the joke for Ocho, "The first one 'its 'is 'ead, the second don't damage anyfink important, the bleedin' ffird keeps walkin' frough, the fourff grows a fifff arm, right, and the last one ducks. Blokes call me Moo, right good ter meet yer." He shakes Ocho's hand, then proceeds to drain the rest of his drink and signals one of the bartenders for another one. "So, right, Smiley tell any of yer anyfink more than where ter be and 'oo ter ask for, then, eh? Wouldn't mind knowin' a bit more about this Johnson we're meetin'," he asks the group.

+Quote Post
LeighFox
post Jul 26 2012, 06:47 AM
Post #23

Target

Inside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29 2072 20:53

Sammy shifts her stance to take in the ork male and human female, then the minotaur; Ocho's comments draw a slight smile and a polite nod from the neko but when Moo replies she frowns just a little.

Crap, looks like he's one of us. Ah well, I'm sure his strength will come in handy! I hope the accent is affected, else communication might be a problem.. Sammy muses, her thoughts jumping from one topic to another as rapidly as the flick of her furred tail.

Offering Moo a lazy smile she offers the big Minotaur her hand, and after he shakes it, she offers it to Ocho and Scarlet as well.

"Ocho, Moo... I'm Bastet, though Kittykat works too.." she replies, a slightly vapid giggle escaping, followed by a sharp hiccup. "S'cuse me!" the neko apologizes, blushing faintly. "Nu, I don't know anything 'bout our Host... hell I don't know much about Smiley either.. flyin' blind here!"

It's fairly easy to tell that Bastet would easily fit into the crowd here at Infinity...

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 26 2012, 08:17 AM
Post #24

jacked in

Inside Club Infinity
Friday, April 29, 2072 20:52 hours

Scarlet offers the other runners a smile and a handshake as well. Despite her figure, the woman's grip can match the minotaur's strength, obviously augmented or otherwise enhanced.

"I'm Scarlet. Nice to meet ya'll," she says.

"Hope this Mr. Johnson knows how to throw a party. Nonetheless, it might be useful to hook up our comm's for some, ya'know, private discussion."

The hacker follows her proposal by creating an encrypted private channel for the yet-to-be-assembled team and invites the others in and sending them an encryption key to use.

<< [Scarlet] There we are... >>

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 26 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

All Characters
After getting to the bar and attempting to speak with one another, you realize that you'll need to speak sub-vocally via the private chat being set up as the music is so loud that you can barely hear yourself think, let alone hear someone else trying to scream at you. It isn't a big deal, and you are all able to get communicating and shaking hands rather quickly once the private chat is set up.

Moo subscribes to the club's network, and the assaulting AR spam stops. However, the resultant barrage of AR from the club and its patrons is almost worse - you are sent every detail that you never needed to know about the club, to include menus, parking, where the restrooms are, a map of the club itself, complete with which music is playing on which dance floor, and for how long. If you look over the dance floors, you'll see AR imagery above them that reminds you of a visual video equalizer, with the lights moving in time to the music, with the artist, song, album, release year, record label, band members, and a scrolling version of the lyrics displayed just underneath it for your viewing pleasure.

Moo is also assaulted (via AR, of course) with a barrage of requests from half-naked neko wannabes throughout the club to join them for some "private time" or to "make like the wild beasts we are". The requests come with both written request as well as holo-trids of the potential suitors performing some solo acts in an attempt to entice you into their arms.

Eventually, you are able to get the attention of the elf bartender, and after sweet-talking her (especially with Bastet's attempt to give her a kiss, which is really paying a great compliment to her), she pushes a new map of the club to Moo's commlink. Looking at the map, you can see (in between even more requests for clandestine capers and virtual waitrons asking if you need anything) a new room showing up in blue on the map. Up the stairs, follow the hallway, enter the code '17-HGW', she tells you, and then walks away, her job done.

Making your way up to the room is no issue at all. The stairs are easy to find, and the directions on the map are nice and simple. You pass several groups of clubbers in the hallway, each group busy involved in various activities, with amorousness the top seller. You find the door you are supposed to go to, enter the passcode, and enter into...a blue room.

The room is a standard conference room, with a large wooden table with several fine chairs around it. On top of the table is a white, mushroom-shaped device sits in the center of the table, with a troll of medium height sitting in one of the chairs. He is not young, but not quite middle-aged, and he's handsome in a rugged kind of way. He's wearing a purple and chartreuse suit in the latest style that would look nasty on someone else, but seems tasteful on him, and he has a lit cigar in one hand with a drink of some sort on the table in front of him. You close the door behind you, and you realize that the noise of the club seems to melt away, letting your brains relax without the pumping bass beats.

Welcome, he says, smiling. Please sit down. I am Mr. Johnson, and I trust that the Smiley sent you. An interesting bunch by your looks, but we've a few moments before 2100 hours, he says looking down at his watch so let's enjoy the company for the next few minutes before we get down to brass tacks. Might I be able to get any of you something to drink or eat while we wait?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:01 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.