Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First Time For Everything!
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 10 2012, 08:24 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,007

Running Food Fight for a friend of mine, she's new to RPGs and I'm new to GMing. This will be the start of something beautiful, I think. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Characters:
[ Spoiler ]
[ Spoiler ]
Introduction:
[ Spoiler ]

Posting structure to follow, once I figure out what exactly I'm doing. All comments kept to PMs, please.

~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 10 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Church is a German doctor, born in Essen, the throne of Saeder-Krupp with every aspect of his life taking place under the wings of Lofwyr. At first it was enough for him to make a living as a healer and surgeon, running a little street clinic for German runners. Then one of his patients exploded while under the knife. Church's reputation took a nasty hit, it was rumoured that he went berserk during the operation and tore the man apart. Nothing could be further from the truth. As a Bear shaman, Church does everything he can to protect his charges. He couldn't help the fact that this particular runner had a cortex bomb. He fled. He came to Seattle. He found an up-and-coming gillette who called herself Strife. They got to work.

+Quote Post
Berry Punch
post Sep 10 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 55,314

The story of Keira Stark isn't one of happiness. She was an Ares child born in Detroit who often chose to interpret that as Ares the god of war, not the megacorp, getting into fights with other children, older ones. Often defending others from bullies. As she grew up her father urged her to go into security for Ares to better channel her aggression. As the years went by she found the job rewarding not to mention the implants that came with it. After finding out her father had betrayed company secrets to the Yakuza out of pure greed things took a turn for the worse. After a deal had gone badly they had decided to take vengeance upon her family, brutally torturing her mother as her father watched. As Keira happened upon the scene of her dead mother, murdered by the Yakuza thugs she went into a rage, slaughtering all of them including her father whom she knew was to blame for it all. She found herself in Seattle months later looking to rebuild her shattered life. But as it turns out nothing is ever easy. The Yakuza tracked her down and tortured her mercilessly, seeking retribution for what she had done in Detroit. As her life started to fade she was miraculously saved by a troll named Church. They have been runners together ever since.

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 10 2012, 02:13 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

=IC Posting Rules=

Speech to be "cyan colour and in speech marks", text messages to be in [yellow and in square brackets], subvocal comms to be "violet in speech marks" while actions are simply described. Scene descriptions will be in italics, and dice rolls are to be spoilered. All names to be bolded.

It’s the great equalizer. It’ll stop a troll the size of car as easily as the smallest dwarf or the thinnest elf. It ain’t a weapon, spell or even a dragon—it’s hunger. When it’s time to eat, you just gotta get the stuffers into your stomach before you go berserk. What are stuffers? They used to be called junk food or munchies. They’re probably just as good for you as nutrisoy and krill-filler, regardless of those ads from the Nutrition Council. When the pangs hit, there’s only one place to go (especially when the sun rises in about an hour) to find that kind of chow. It’s the place everyone loves to hate: Stuffer Shack.

Church arrives with Strife at the Stuffer Shack, hungry for frankfurter hot dogs, his favourite.

+Quote Post
Berry Punch
post Sep 10 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #5

Target

Stark turns to Church with a look of slight disgust on her face, obviously annoyed that she was dragged to such a place.

"Ben, i'm getting tired of these trips to this god awful hole in the wall. I don't know why you always insist on coming here to eat when there are plenty of other places nearby that don't cause people to hurl 30 minutes after leaving..."

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 10 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

The place isn't really that bad. It's just not that good either. If convenience stores could roll off assembly lines (and with the rate of advances in nanotechnology, that point isn't really all that far off), then this place did. The only thing to identify it as a Stuffer Shack in Seattle, as opposed to, say, Tenochtitlán, is the ever-present dim murk hanging overhead, threatening to pour acid rain over you like a 5th Grader with a wooden stick. There's better options. But not for you. And certainly not at 0300.

"Keira. I'm hungry. Can we argue later?" He heads straight for the door, eyes already searching the aisles for his prize.

+Quote Post
Berry Punch
post Sep 10 2012, 02:35 PM
Post #7

Target

Stark rolls her eyes in annoyance, following closely behind her much larger friend before parting ways once inside. She tries in vain to find something she'd consider to be even remotely edible before heading back to the aisle she knows he will be at.

"Find your dog food yet?"

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 10 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Church gives a low growl, lumbering on through the aisles, grinning to himself when he finds what he's looking for. Processed soymeat tubes. He just can't help himself, and starts piling them into his arms.

+Quote Post
Berry Punch
post Sep 10 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #9

Target

Stark smirks, having annoyed Church with her comment. She raises an eyebrow at the sight of him taking so many of the disgusting "food" tubes.

"I seriously hope you don't expect any help from me in paying for all of that junk. Now hurry up, Ben, I have other things to do. Like, you know climbing out from this debt i'm in."

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 10 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

"Ja, don't worry, Keira. I'm sure we'll find some more werk soon. Bear is a very good hunter in the wild, you know." Church takes his catch over to the counter, giving the cashier a big toothy grin before--

An explosion rips through the front of the store, shattering the windows and scattering shards through the first few aisles. The cheesy muzak is cut off, and the lights flicker. The whole front side of the Stuffer Shack now has a new front door, spanning 15 metres long. There's no telling what caused the explosion, or even if the store will stay standing.

But that baby really needs to stop crying.

+Quote Post
Berry Punch
post Sep 10 2012, 03:07 PM
Post #11

Target

"Whatever you say, Ben, I just think we need t-"

Stark is cut off by the the explosion. She tries to shield her face from any debris. As the smoke settles she looks around the now destroyed Stuffer Shack. Immediately snapping into action she activates her arm blades and looks around for Church.

"And I thought this was just going to be another boring trip that ends in you stuffing your face. You still with me, Ben?"

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 10 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #12

Shooting Target

The Bear is woken. "What was that?! Scheisse!" Church picks his way through the toppled aisles, donning his Matrix-capable shades and opening his senses to the Astral. He casts his Sight around, looking for survivors.

[ Spoiler ]

Church's spirit... falters. Unable to stop himself, he inadvertently astrally projects, his body falling limp on the debris-strewn floor of the Shack, crushing his sausages.

+Quote Post
Berry Punch
post Sep 10 2012, 03:23 PM
Post #13

Target

Searching the debris filled store Stark ever the cautious one searches for the source of the explosion, making her way towards the front of the store.

"Ben, talk to me, you see anything? Whoever made this new door definitely isn't here to buy some of your dog food."

Stark looks back and notices Church lying limp on the ground. With a look of sheer horror she retracts her blades and rushes over to him.

"Ben!!! Ben!! Are you alright?! Come on, talk to me!"

Fearing the worst, she draws her Berretta 101T Light Pistol and prepares to slaughter whoever did this to her friend.

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 10 2012, 03:46 PM
Post #14

Shooting Target

Church wanders the astral plane, cut off from his meat body. Dazed, he looks down at his talo-- talons? No, I have paws. I am Bear. Paws. Hands. Hands. Yes. He sees his body and makes his way over, touching his astral form and re entering the big hulk of meat on the floor with a breathy gasp.

"Keira! Keira, they're coming! Gangers!"

As if on cue, three offensively attired creatures supposedly known as people saunter in, brandishing weapons. One has a grubby cyberarm clutching an Ares Predator IV in an equal state of disrepair. The next holds an AK-97 Carbine, resting it against his hip like some smug sheriff. The third has yet to draw the small pistol at his hip and glances around the store like a fidgety rat. The cybered one speaks up in a cigarette-scoured voice, "'Ey! Brandeen! Come on out, or we bring the whole place down on yer!" He slaps the ratty man on the shoulder with his chrome limb, jolting him with a quiet yelp. From where you are, the 'gangers' cannot see you.

+Quote Post
Berry Punch
post Sep 10 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #15

Target

Stark surprised to see that Church is up and moving again lets out a sigh of relief before putting her index finger to her lips as the thugs enter the building, whispering to him.

"Shhh...they haven't noticed us yet. We might be able to flank them so keep quiet, Tiny.....and don't do that again, I thought you were dead."

She holsters her pistol and once again activates her blades, slowly making her way around the store trying to keep quiet as to get the jump on the thugs.

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 10 2012, 04:32 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Church nods his assent and whispers back. "Jawohl." Mentally, he searches within himself for the link to his bound spirits. Earth and Man. He asks of the Spirit of Man that it watch over him and Strife and keep them Hidden.

The Spirit of Man uses its Powers of Guard and Concealment on Church and Strife.

"The spirits watch over us, Keira. Do what you will now."

+Quote Post
Berry Punch
post Sep 10 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #17

Target

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 10 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 10 2012, 05:00 PM
Post #19

Shooting Target

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Berry Punch
post Sep 10 2012, 05:01 PM
Post #20

Target

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 11 2012, 01:17 AM
Post #21

Shooting Target

Strife ambushes the Goons, Surprising them completely. They are all unable to react to her, but they do notice Church and are able to react to him. Church is Surprised by everyone and cannot act at all during this Turn.

+Quote Post
Berry Punch
post Sep 11 2012, 03:37 AM
Post #22

Target

Stark charges the goon with the AK-97, using the blade on her right arm she attempts to cut him down in a single swift strike.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 11 2012, 04:48 AM
Post #23

Shooting Target

Strife's spur slashes straight through Crank's arm, severing it at the elbow. He drops the AK and begins shrieking in agony, blood spurting over the floor.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Berry Punch
post Sep 11 2012, 04:57 AM
Post #24

Target

Strife grins as she takes the would be thug's arm clean off. Her new AK might fetch a nice price. Clearly these idiots don't know what they've gotten themselves into. This is going to be fun.

+Quote Post
Xahn Borealis
post Sep 11 2012, 05:26 AM
Post #25

Shooting Target

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:19 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.