IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Threat/Professional Ratings, How do they work?
DuckEggBlue Omeg...
post Sep 20 2012, 01:33 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,625

Using a 2nd Ed adventure and I can't figure it out. Found somewhere online that said Threat is how many dice you add to each test, others sources refer to it as a pool but don't elaborate, but that has worked out both overpowered and underpowered respectively. I've given up trying to search for an answer, could someone please just spell out how it works for me?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bannockburn
post Sep 20 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 51,886

In SR2, Threat Rating meant that you add a number of dice equal to the rating to EACH test, regardless if offensive or defensive. They do not need to refresh, those dice are always available. It also means the NPC doesn't get pools anymore.
It does not add to initiative, though.
Professional Rating is the point at which an NPC will break of combat and flee or beg for mercy.
1 means L wound, 2 M, 3 S and 4 that he will die before giving up.

+Quote Post
DuckEggBlue Omeg...
post Sep 20 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,625

Thank you.

Looks like I'm going to have to adjust the ratings, I'm not sure at what karma level a team can actually be expected to survive Harlequin's Back run vanilla, but it's higher than this team.

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Sep 20 2012, 06:11 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 17,538

We took it on at around 75 to 100 karma. Been awhile (1999 or 2000) since I ran that so it is hard to remember. I do remember that you need a fairly experienced set of runners for it though. Also, we had a lot fun playing it and it is a great example of an astral quest. Hopefully that isn't a spoiler after a decade or more.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 01:33 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.