IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Talk to me about your Leaders, (Don't take me to them, I'm not a space alien)
Marwynn
post Sep 27 2012, 01:40 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,093

It's an oft-overlooked aspect in Shadowrun: Leadership. Especially the skill itself. War expanded on the Leadership skill's benefits (and did so quite well) but I still don't see it as often in the games I've been part of or observed.

(And I think Intimidation should be part of the Influence Skill Group instead of Leadership, but anyway)

How has your team used Leadership? Do you even bother with it, do you have a defined leader or some sort of cyberlogician/mentat fella?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Sep 27 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 948

It's usually down to roleplaying on our part, and sometimes about which PLAYER decides to take charge.

My CHA 1 troll might be one with good ideas but he will never be able to influence the face - and the face will most likely fast talk him into doing something stupid.

The actual leadership skill is almost never used, mainly because I lack the Commanding Voice ability...

Intimidation becomes a bit odd at Cha 1 as I couldnt even scare a child unless my skill is very high even if I looked like something walking out of a horror movie.

+Quote Post
Makki
post Sep 27 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 18,036

the first thing our face/gunbunny does every session is ask "who's not with me?"
If anybody says "here", he starts counting dice for Leadership. He does have military and tactical background and knowledge, of course.

we do like rolling against other SCs and we do like the Leadership skill at our table.

+Quote Post
Fatum
post Sep 27 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #4

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,589

Haven't seen Leadership ever used; team leaders are usually just the most active and competent players in my games, either faces or hackers most of the time.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Sep 27 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #5

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

My Prime Runner is a Cyberlogician. He coordinates and commands. Currently on a Hiatus looking for his Terminator girlfriend.

+Quote Post
Marwynn
post Sep 27 2012, 06:44 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Sep 27 2012, 11:08 AM) *
My Prime Runner is a Cyberlogician. He coordinates and commands. Currently on a Hiatus looking for his Terminator girlfriend.

Interesting. Do you remember what Knowledge Skills you started off with?

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Sep 27 2012, 07:40 PM
Post #7

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Marwynn @ Sep 27 2012, 12:44 PM) *
Interesting. Do you remember what Knowledge Skills you started off with?

Been so long ago (and he is at home)... He has about 350 Karma now.
I do know that I have about 20-30 Knowledge Skills, though.
Sorry that I cannot be of more help.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Sep 27 2012, 08:34 PM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

So far, I have Heavy Weapons Troll Decker being "Daddy" for the group, as they constantly fight with each other, but no one wants to pick a fight with him.

Something about getting shot three times in the face by an SMG and just shouting (In Arabic): "I AM BULLET-PROOF!!!"

Too bad I don't have the intimidate skill.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Sep 27 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 53,300

Our group runs as something akin to a democracy, complete with constant arguments and red tape. It doesn't hurt that we have four out of five current characters with ranks in the social skill group and high charisma...
Though one of our players is running a stable of characters and his charisma 3 uncouth gunslinger has a hard time convincing anyone of anything.

+Quote Post
DMiller
post Sep 28 2012, 01:43 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,343

We created a house rule for Leadership a while back (based on 3rd Edition), and have been using it ever since. When we finally broke down and bought War! we looked at the rules listed there and decided to keep our house rule instead.

We have one non-combat character (the medic) that had a high Leadership due to her background, she has become the leader of the group (at least during combat).

-D

+Quote Post
Sid Nitzerglobin
post Sep 28 2012, 04:52 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 53,107

My con girl used it last week to give an AR enhanced cheerleading routine via commlink to direct fire while she was pinned down behind a tombstone by 2 LMG drones laying down suppressing fire. That's about the sum total of my experience w/ it.

Was going to give her Commanding Voice at chargen but decided to axe it for a couple physical powers instead.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Sep 28 2012, 08:20 AM
Post #12

Runner

Member No.: 948

QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Sep 28 2012, 04:52 AM) *
Was going to give her Commanding Voice at chargen but decided to axe it for a couple physical powers instead.

Commanding voice for initializing melee is awesome.

Yelling FREEZE as a free action as you attack. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

+Quote Post
Marwynn
post Sep 28 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (The Jopp @ Sep 28 2012, 04:20 AM) *
Commanding voice for initializing melee is awesome.

Yelling FREEZE as a free action as you attack. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grinbig.gif)

Oh my, yes.

Though the wording is a bit vague, as it says "listeners" which could also mean your team. A Face Adept once yelled "Run Away!" and our GM decided since we heard him too, we had to roll as well. And promptly failed. So everyone just scattered leaving the Face all alone.

+Quote Post
StealthSigma
post Sep 28 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #14

Runner

Member No.: 17,389

QUOTE (Marwynn @ Sep 28 2012, 11:04 AM) *
Oh my, yes.

Though the wording is a bit vague, as it says "listeners" which could also mean your team. A Face Adept once yelled "Run Away!" and our GM decided since we heard him too, we had to roll as well. And promptly failed. So everyone just scattered leaving the Face all alone.

You know. Listening does imply an active action rather than passive (hear) that the person who hears you is paying attention to what you're saying rather than just hearing it. A sufficiently hostile opponent may not be paying attention to what your saying and could be considered immune, while it's far more likely that your teammates are paying attention to what you're saying and consequently are affected. That would mean that all your teammates run away and the foes stay.

+Quote Post
Marwynn
post Sep 28 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

I think that's more than a stretch.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:48 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.