Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saito's Current Status
Smirnov
post Jan 19 2013, 08:08 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,051

What is the good general doing now, after being ousted from power? Did he ever appear in the current timeline or just faded out of existence?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jan 19 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #2

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

I think he's dead.

+Quote Post
kzt
post Jan 19 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

QUOTE (Smirnov @ Jan 19 2013, 01:08 AM) *
What is the good general doing now, after being ousted from power? Did he ever appear in the current timeline or just faded out of existence?

After assuming room temperature, presumably he's decaying and providing food for a wide variety of flora and fauna.

+Quote Post
Smirnov
post Jan 19 2013, 07:37 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Oh, I missed that, when he was killed?

+Quote Post
kzt
post Jan 19 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

He was a traitor wanted by the Emperor. Really, really wanted. And had outlived his usefulness to the corporations. I'm not sure it was ever stated what became of him, but you can take a guess.

+Quote Post
Smirnov
post Jan 20 2013, 04:59 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Well, it takes an omega order to get rid of some bothersome characters. I mean, he was a rather major character, and if he was killed it should have been at least mentioned

+Quote Post
kzt
post Jan 20 2013, 05:12 AM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Umm, no. That's to get rid of bothersome AAA corps.

Saito probably though of himself as important but in reality he was a tool being used by the Japanacorps to accomplish their goals. He was a fine, useful asset for a while. He did, however, know a lot about who had convinced him to commit treason and who had aided him. Hence when he stopped being a useful asset and became a liability he was eliminated and disposed of quietly and expeditiously.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jan 20 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #8

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

Umm, no. That's to get rid of bothersome AAA corps.

Art Dankwalter was an AAA corp? I concur with your estimation of Saito's importance, though.

+Quote Post
Halinn
post Jan 20 2013, 01:28 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 18,786

QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 20 2013, 10:44 AM) *
Art Dankwalter was an AAA corp? I concur with your estimation of Saito's importance, though.

No, but the means with which he was disposed were exceptional (and a 5 million (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) bounty on him already proved ineffective).

+Quote Post
Nath
post Jan 20 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

As far as I can tell, the full extent of information available on the end of Saito Californian Protectorate is this:
Shadowrun 4th edition, page 34
CalFree finally saw the last of Saito, but not the last of its woes. In early 2069, a pair of major earthquakes coming from the San Andreas Fault line and the San Pedro Shelf caused widespread flooding and destruction, killing tens of thousands.

Shadowrun 4th edition, page 42
In any case, [Mitsuhama Computer Technologies has] established quite a presence in CalFree over the last few years, taking a lead role in the control of San Francisco following the fall of rogue General Saito.

Sixth World Almanac, page 176-177
In late 2068, California, together with corporate backing (primarily from Ares), retook the Bay Area from the rogue General Saito. [...]

> Since many of you were busy elsewhere, I’ll just give you the cliff’s quicky version of the end of Saito. It was beautiful. While a bunch of local groups ran piecemeal against Saito — from pirates to the dwarfs of Halferville to the occasional runner team — the turning point came when Ares stepped in. They made noises that it was concern for their Silicon Valley area, but I think Damien finally just got pissed off (or maybe bribed? blackmailed? who knows, who cares). With Ares special forces running the op, dozens of groups joined up. We’d lacked a cohesive vision, and we finally had one. I saw Ares special forces working side-by-side with runners and pirates, Mothers of Metahumans (MOM) ladies sheltering troops in their basements and feeding us PB&J, Ancients gangers running weapons, even a contingent of shamans from Shasta. It was huge, well-organized, and we completely smashed them. Everyone was flying high for days from all the good feelings... or maybe that was just those brownies those hippy ork ladies kept handing out...
> Sounder

+Quote Post
Demonseed Elite
post Jan 20 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #11

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 67

His current status is up to you. We never got a chance to wrap up that storyline because of the shift to SR4 and the timeline jump. He is not in power anymore, but what became of him is up to your GM.

+Quote Post
Faelan
post Jan 20 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,466

In my game, Saito managed to escape the fall of his little Empire and go into hiding, that is until one of my PC's old "friends" showed up in town trying to off her. Followed by some ex-corps types trying to help her. Eventually they found out that certain elements in the Japancorps and Imperial Government were conducting illicit experiments utilizing dragon eggs and DNA. When this information made its way through certain channels into the hands of the Great Dragons, Saito was hung out to dry as sacrifice number one.

+Quote Post
Smirnov
post Jan 21 2013, 07:33 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Thanks for the info! Nothing conclusive is just what we need (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
(Wow! Demonseed Elite answered my question! %) )

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:21 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.