Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bogota, Atzlan/Amazonia war front
Stormdrake
post Jan 23 2013, 03:23 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,623

My players are heading into the war beteen Atzlan and Amazonia with a need to go to Bogota. In looking at the info in WAR! and some of the later info and I have to ask who controls that city?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tasti man LH
post Jan 23 2013, 03:30 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 66,005

Depends on the year that your players are heading into there.

Up until 2073, the two nations were at a standstill. But by mid 2073, Amazonia started to push back (thanks to the events of the Horizon adventure Colombian Subterfuge).

Although by 2074- onwards, judging by the stuff from the in-universe posts/twitter posts/hidden stories.....I THINK Aztlan has regained their foothold and started to push Amazonia back again, but I'm not entirely sure. (so don't quote me on that last part)

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jan 23 2013, 08:58 AM
Post #3

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

Before Ghost Cartels, it was a free city run by cartels and pretending to be Colombia; until 2073, when Aztlan started seeding toxic SURGEd trees because they could. Amazonia, known for loving trees and hating people, discovered it's love for people and hatred for trees that eat them and launched an attack on an Aztlan hospital because a snickering snitch told them they totally do experiments with gentech there (actually they were patching up little children). Apparently they let Sirrug do the planning, because they don't seem to have gathered any intel or anything.

Aztlan cries foul bloody murder and goes to war in 2074, flattening half the city because they could and a good deal of the surrounding jungle with masses of heavy vehicles. Amazonia fought back, using the surrounding jungle to their full advantage. This developed into a stalemate, a situation War elaborates on. Also, keep in mind Bogotá has immediate access to the sea for shallow waters DIY cartel submarines and is a major seaport. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Judging from the outtakes from Stormfron, Aztlan will win the war and Bogotá by 2075.

Bottom line: Do yourself a favor and and read the wikipedia entry on Bogotá to get a better picture of the city than War offers. You can still use the info in it, I guess, but the wiki article and maybe an online travel guide will massively help you with things like maps and getting a feel for the location.

+Quote Post
tasti man LH
post Jan 23 2013, 09:22 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

^ On that note, something I've been meaning to ask:

In the Horizon adventure "Colombian Subterfuge", do they strictly stick to what's in War! or do they alter things around to make actually resemble...well, real life Bogota?

EDIT: Also, took a peek at the map provided in Sixth World Almanac to check the position of Bogota and.....wow.

That's just depressing that they weren't able to keep their sourcebooks consistent with each other...

+Quote Post
Smirnov
post Jan 23 2013, 09:23 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,051

Did anyone ever tried to redo the whole thing? I mean, fan-made text like Fatum's Yakut Shuffle?

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jan 23 2013, 09:32 AM
Post #6

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

In the Horizon adventure "Colombian Subterfuge", do they strictly stick to what's in War! or do they alter things around to make actually resemble...well, real life Bogota?

I only ever glanced through it, but if my memory serves me right they go by War.

Did anyone ever tried to redo the whole thing? I mean, fan-made text like Fatum's Yakut Shuffle?

Yup, I did; Fatum's Yakut Shuffle grew out of that. It didn't work very well, not least because I suck at organising and had a lot of other stuff keeping me busy at that time. Bottom line: I wrecked it. I still have an edited googlemaps sattelite image with photoshopped Aztech pyramids and stuff in it though.

+Quote Post
Stormdrake
post Jan 23 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Stormfront? Is that a upcoming book?

+Quote Post
Halinn
post Jan 23 2013, 08:03 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 18,786

QUOTE (Stormdrake @ Jan 23 2013, 08:30 PM) *
Stormfront? Is that a upcoming book?

Yes. Some of it is included in the hidden stories.

+Quote Post
tasti man LH
post Jan 23 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Stormfront is also supposed to be the last major book release to close out 4th edition before the move to 5e.

+Quote Post
Stormdrake
post Jan 24 2013, 02:51 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Got it. Some of the story is interesting but I really hope Catalyst comes up with a better ending then borrowing Rifts tolkien war plot. Having Aztechnology win is just meh. Having Amazonia win but revealing themselves no better then Aztechnology would be way more interesting.

If it goes as it hints the Dragon civil war will be a mess and Hestaby could end up eating a lot of crow.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:06 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.