Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amphibious Vehicles
betterwatchit
post Jan 25 2013, 12:12 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,046

I've seen this company trying to mass-produce amphibious vehicles lately, that I think would be useful in the Sixth World:

Gibbs Sports Quadski: Quadbike/jetski combo. I can imagine these being used for recreational uses, and by pirates, smugglers, runners, scouts and by marines taking a coastal approach.

Gibbs Amphitrucks: There's the Humdinga (Weird name, I know) that's like an amphibious pick-up, and the Phibia (Makes slightly more sense) which is the equivalent of a van, with all the implied utility.

How would you use them?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jan 25 2013, 03:10 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

The DUKW got an upgrade at last?

+Quote Post
_Pax._
post Jan 25 2013, 03:34 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 51,818

... they use a lot of those old DUKWs, or new construction based ont eh same overall design, as Tour vehicles in Boston .... and in Boston Harbor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) "Duck Tours", they call 'em.

+Quote Post
Shaidar
post Jan 25 2013, 06:17 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,262

Modern Day Seattle has a company running a few of those as well.

Seattle Duck Tour Site

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:08 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.