Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Tir Tairngire' in english
ZeroSpace
post Jan 27 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 56,131

Have an idea for a future campaign idea that would be taking place down in Elfland, and I got really curious as to what 'Tir Tairngire' actually means in english. Has anyone read about it's meaning in one of the books?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smirnov
post Jan 27 2013, 04:44 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,051

It means 'Land of Promise'

+Quote Post
_Pax._
post Jan 27 2013, 05:24 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 51,818

Of course, that promise is only for Elves, not Orks and Trolls ("Trogs"), nor Humans ("Breeders"). Dwarves kind of get a bye, but still aren't the pointy-eared Master Race ...

+Quote Post
Lionhearted
post Jan 27 2013, 05:24 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,310

It's based loosely on old Irish myth, but it really translates to "Oregon with elves"

+Quote Post
ZeroSpace
post Jan 27 2013, 05:42 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 56,131

Cool, thanks.

+Quote Post
UmaroVI
post Jan 27 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 18,778

"The place with the small orange-colored citrus fruits."

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jan 27 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #7

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

And the delicious cherries that ... uhm ... what was I talking about again? How did I get here? Where am I? Who am I?!

And going by it's constitution, not practice, it is the Land of Promise for everybody but humans. Of course, it only really is for Elves and, to a lesser degree, Free Spirits, Nonhumans and Dwarfs.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Jan 28 2013, 08:27 AM
Post #8

Old Man of the North

Member No.: 5,463

Free Spirits are welcome there, then? I play one, who is in LA at the moment, so just wondering.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jan 28 2013, 01:15 PM
Post #9

The King In Yellow

Member No.: 7,121

It seems they are, by Running Wild. They can get citizenship and stuff. Elves go well with spirits, by the setting's background.

Also, the poor spirit. Everyone is posing on Pita, which is a requirement to be taken seriously, and it's left out, to rot in a toxic or near-toxic environment No wonder your spirit wants to emigrate.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Jan 28 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #10

Old Man of the North

Member No.: 5,463

Well, there are a few other Free Spirits in LA according to the fluff, one who runs a high class nightclub high in the P 2.0 stratosphere. I've been subltly hinting to the GM that there realy should be more areas of background count than my PC has been suffering. I've been mapping flight paths to avoid the worst of it.

My PC is of the Aztec tradition, and there is a magician out in the desert who has been helping me learn spells, and a 'New Age' spiritual retreat outside of Las Vegas where I have been initiating. Personally, I'd like to get the GM to send us out into the Anasazi region a bit, just to see what all the fear and fuss is about.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:02 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.