Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Perfect node matrix defence?, SR4 Technomancer with Deadalus paragon
Shadoweyes
post Feb 7 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,049

so, i'm currently running a dronomancer technomancer with deadalus as my paragon. The bonus is a +2 on hardware, +1 on either fault or machine sprites, and the negative is that anyone else attemping to use your hardware uses it at rating-2. So could i set up two nodes, first, high firewall, high signal, response and system 2.  Hardwired to it is a node with high response, system and firewall, no signal.  All transmissions get routed through the first node, which just acts as a relay for the signa? Anybody who is not me attempting to access the drone/node will be theoretically unable to connect as the node (at response/system 0) cannot run anything (except for my stuff).

Useable, unuseable, or broken do you think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Feb 7 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

1.) Daedalus gives other users a -2 modifier, it does not lower the Device Rating
2.) Signal rerouting just happens without interaction, therefore nothing where the modifers could come into play happens

+Quote Post
Shadoweyes
post Feb 9 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #3

Target

Huh. Why did I think it lowered device rating? Oh well. Now to figure out a way to make my gm give me that ability.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Feb 10 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

QUOTE (Shadoweyes @ Feb 9 2013, 06:58 PM) *
Huh. Why did I think it lowered device rating? Oh well. Now to figure out a way to make my gm give me that ability.

Thanks!

Before you do that you may want to think about that. If you can do it, then your GM might go: "You know, Shadoweyes is doing this, so I can do it too."

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Feb 10 2013, 02:46 AM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

There's that, and also that the -2 DP penalty isn't limited to everyone but you, it's limited to only those who aren't Daedalus technomancers. Every other Daedalus technomancer will wholly get the arcane styled interface, just like you.

Also note that the penalty is for "... anyone who wants to legitimately use it." Hacking into the node isn't exactly legitimate.

+Quote Post
Shadoweyes
post Feb 10 2013, 02:44 PM
Post #6

Target

hmm... good points... Oh well, time to go find another way.

+Quote Post
The Mad Fool
post Feb 10 2013, 06:59 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 71,831

The easy way to make your commlink unhackable by non-Technomancers is to just slave it to your Biological PAN. That doesn't protect you from TMs, but pretty much nothing protects you from TMs. Although one thing you can do is Register the biggest Sprite you can (make sure it has a good Analyze pool) and then Link it to patrol your Biological PAN. You pretty much only have to do this once a year, and it means that a Technomancer or Sprite trying to hack you (already a really hard thing to do due to +6 Threshold for admin account) gets to have Fun With Black Hammer™.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:11 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.