IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> IC: SRM04-02 Extraction, Artifact Rush, Part 1
Slacker
post Feb 25 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #1


Runner
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3,420
Joined: 30-October 03
Member No.: 5,776



Silas, Needle, & Eclipse
It's Friday night, getting close to 17:00. Each of you are scratching your head trying figure out how you're going to come up with next week's rent. It's been far too long since your last pay check. You're debating if it can afford to drown your sorrows in some booze and/or a night's entertainment, or if you need to conserve your money for maybe getting some food tomorrow....

That's when the gods of the shadows shine their light upon you. The thought strikes you a funny, if there were such a thing, why would they have any sources of light? Regardless, your commlink is beeping at you with an incoming call from an unknown number.

When you pick it up, you confirm that it isn't another idiot thinking you're the Pizza Shack down the street. This image of a black woman in her late thirties, with thin-braided black hair adorned with feathery trinkets, silver thread, and odd-shaped jewelry looks serious. Moreover, she looks like a potential job!.

"Hoi chummer. I've heard your name about town as somebody needing a bit of work. Well you're in luck." Despite her cheerful and upbeat attitude, her high cheekbones make her smile appear tense and you have to wonder where this is leading. Before you can wonder too hard, she continues."I've got a client that needs your talents. If you're interested. You need to be at the top of the Yojirushi building at 19:45 tonight."

Your commlink registers the receipt of the building's exact address. She doesn't seem to have much more info to give you and soon gets off the call with you saying that she needs to call a couple more people that will be joining you.

Gardner
At 17:52, you got a call from a talismonger you've used in the past. Seems he's heard about a job you might be interested in. He hasn't got many details, but from what he can tell it's going to be something big. Right now, all you need to do is meet with the rest of the team on the roof of the Yojirushi building downtwon at 19:45. You're supposed to find out more then. He does mention that you should probably arrive read to go, since he got the impression it will be something of a rush job.

Mr.White
Your commlink registers an incoming message at 18:13. With a glance your mind perks up, looks like your local fixer buddy might have something for you. Opening up the message, you see a terse message saying to be on top of the Yojirushi building at 19:45 tonight for a job. Nothing else in the message, but you know he's a busy man all the time. You're just grateful to get a little extra work from him when he can find it for you.

TundraWolf
At 18:21 you get a call from Irena, she's in a rush but she just found out a job that she thinks would be good for your skills. She apologizes for such short notice, but you need to meet with the rest of the team on the roof of the Yojirushi building downtown at 19:45 tonight. She doesn't seem to have much detail on the actual job, but she does tell you that she's heard you'll be working with Mr. White and Gardner again on this one.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Feb 25 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #2


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 267
Joined: 27-January 13
Member No.: 71,108



Needle
Apartment Building, 1705 hours


Reading stuff constantly can sometimes make one's eyes go buggy. For most people, reading was a real chore; it was something they chose not to do altogether, or only did when it was absolutely necessary. But not Needle. She didn't just like to read - she loved it. Words spilling from pages in a glorious cascade of knowledge, the cadence of the sentences and structure of the paragraphs an absolute delight to witness. And those words always made sense and contained some type of knowledge or information she needed.

And if reading was the best thing she could do, then to be interrupted while in the middle of a sentence was the worst. And it happened all the time. She would just get a real good groove going, her eyes darting from letter to letter, her mouth moving as if she was speaking the words she saw...and then blam! Her commlink would start with its incessant beeping, trying to get her attention.

I should really get around to setting a filter so that the circuits re-route to voice mail when I'm reading. Mental note to self on that one.

She answered her commlink, her mind beginning to race with all the possibilities for a job. She was able to keep her focus on the call at hand, and she didn't allow herself to get to wrapped up in speculation. She didn't know what the job would entail, nor who the other team members might be.

Teams, however, are generally made up of several individuals of varying talents. It's much the same as a surgical team. You have the surgeon, some nurses, anesthetist...

When the call ended she committed the address for the building to memory. She then fired up her commlink and started looking for information about the Yojirushi building - what it was, what its purpose was, who owned it, adjacent/adjoining buildings, floor plan...basically, anything about the building she could find.

[ Spoiler ]
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mach_Ten
post Feb 25 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #3


Neophyte Runner
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 2,113
Joined: 24-January 13
From: Here to Eternity
Member No.: 70,521



Silas
The Pizza Shack down the street, round the back, next to the trash., 1705 hours


"And then she says to me "You can have the fraggin' Picasso ... I never liked his drekkin' 'Analytic Cubism' fraggin' period anyways!" and she offs and leaves me standing there nekkid as the day I was thrown down a laundry chute! ... and that's why I hate wimmins, with their total lack of appreciation of the finer fings in life .... and their goddamn neo-chow-wowas!"

Silas is ranting again, it's the mixture of both the acids in his belly and the smell of (semi) fresh pizza wafting from the kitchens out into the alley where he's chatting with Bob.

Bob's a wino, a hobo with nowhere to go but the bottom of his next bottle of ultra-meths

Bob is also completely and utterly deaf, which is a good thing since Silas befriended him, these rants can go on for days. not that Silas would notice either way, Bob keeps nodding and smiling and Silas keeps ranting about the ex wife or the state of Seattle these days.

A quick look at the time reminds him about his aching stomach and he bids a farewell to Bob, and a "I'll see you later!" with a wink at the Pizza shack, he mounts the high performance bike "The Hog!" and sets off Downtown, hoping the meeting involves at least one of them nice cucumber sandwhiches with the crusts cut off and cut into triangles..

once safely en route he calls up Danny, now Danny is a strange one, Silas has known him for years, used to do some bits for a mate of a mate of his Dear old Dad, but for some reason he just doesn't connect with him, there's jobs of course and everything is professional like, but it ain't like he's throw hisself onna grenade for him or anything. but the man knows his artwork and more to the point knows a man who WANTS some artwork.

"Dannnyyy! Chummer .. how's it hangingg ... the art .. I meanz .. not the .. uh ... nevermind"

Silas always gets over enthusiastic when he wants something from Danny,

"Hey Danny, I'm headed Downtown, yeah I knows .. dere's places for good ork boys and that ain't one .. hah hah verr funnyz ... but serussly, you knows any fink ? like that last Claudio Monet-casso wots I got that was just layin' around all lonely like ... dere one of thems in town with some rich geezer ? .. you just lemme know okay!"

Danny doesn't really get chance to say much, even if he wanted to .. but Silas is sure he'll call back ... yeah .. totally sure.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dak
post Feb 26 2013, 02:30 AM
Post #4


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 648
Joined: 26-February 02
Member No.: 1,396



Friday, 18:13; Gianelli's Restaurant, Tacoma
Elektra Elite : Passive | SIN: Harvey White


Mr. White glanced down at his comlink. Message from Mr. Jobs it said. He checked the message and then turned back to the grim faces at the table.

The meeting had gone on longer than he'd anticipated, and he'd already bumped an appointment. Looked like he'd be bumping more than one. It was worth it to keep Mr. Jobs happy. The Italians were less than happy about dealing with the Triad, but he knew that they'd jump at the chance to build a relationship with someone who could be useful against the Yakuza. The Russian Bratva were too much of a gamble, too maverick. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

"Look, Joe, we've been over this time and again. You can either do business with Mr. Lin, or you can do business with the Russians. I doubt that they'll be as generous." he told the heavyset fellow sitting across from him over a plate of rigatoni.

"Those containers are worth five easy, and you know it as well as I do. And so does Ling." the man frowned at Mr. White across the table for almost a minute.

"Mr. Lin is willing to offer three million for the containers. He is aware of their value, but he feels that the market is short, and that three is a fair offer." Mr. White paused. "Mr. Lin has also said that if this matter can be resolved, that he can offer access to some of the traffic from Hong Kong. He believes that there is some value to be had there for your associates."

Joe Gravano blinked twice. It was as clear a tell as if he'd jumped up and waved his arms around. Still, he was shrewd - a businessman. He thought about it for a few moments before nodding his head. "I think we have a deal, Mr. White."

He smiled and stood. Business was business. The food was good, but he had matters to tend to. He shook hands with the other men at the table.

"Thank you Joe. It's always a pleasure to do business with you."

"Fuck you White. You're an asshole, and I don't much like being fucked over the table like a prison bitch." The other men gave a hearty chuckle.

Mr. White smiled and nodded his head. "Well, Joe, its because you're so damn cute." he dropped the napkin in his chair. "Tell Caroline I said hello, and give my best to Tony and Maurice."

He left the restaurant, climbing into the dark sedan parked on the street. "Yojirushi, please." he told the driver. He might be a little early, but that would be fine. He could take care of a few phone calls. His crisp dark suit had been pressed this afternoon. It wasn't Zoë, though it looked it to the untrained eye. It was Mr. White's opinion that Morant's Suits downtown were far better made than Zoë. And it was local business. Sadly, his other Morant coat and shirt had gone in the trash. A bullet hole and bloodstains just ruin a good suit.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Slacker
post Feb 26 2013, 03:36 AM
Post #5


Runner
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3,420
Joined: 30-October 03
Member No.: 5,776



Mr. White arrives at the Yojirushi building with plenty of time to spare. The play is definitely showing some signs of neglect. There is some signs of half ass attempts to coverup or at least wash gang griffiti off the entrance area. But no such attention had been given to the rest of the building, let alone to the AR presence of the building. If there were and legitimate businesses trying to advertise their location with in, they were long lost to the advertisements for "Get Trolled 5: The Bukkake Tsunami" and other such gems of trideo entertainment, or the overlapping images of this or that go-gang trying to lay claim to this turf.

A little disconcerted about what kind of business this job was going to entail, he did notice that the Horizon building next door was hopping. He saw a number of people in elegant evening where being let off at the door. Thinking they were in for a much more refined evening than himself, he shrugged. Turning back to the Yojirushi building, he headed inside. Might as well see if appearances are deceiving.

As he steps through the front entrance, he sees an empty lobby with a few elevator banks towards the back of it. He started heading for those when a young security guard came around a corner...

"Hey, what are you doing here? Where's Joe?"

Having no clue who this 'Joe' was, Mr. White started to reply with a smooth reply when he was interrupted by sound of a toilet flushing. A moment later another, a grizzled man in the same security uniform walked out of a restroom to the side of the lobby.

"Joe, what are you doing walking away from the desk? This guy was just going to walk on in like he owned the place."

With a sigh, the grizzled man, Joe obviously, glanced over at Mr. White and quickly looked away back at his partner. "Kid, what the hell have I told you? You work too fraggin' hard. You're still new. So I tell you again, if ya don't see nothin you don't have to do nothin. Go back to your little rounds and let me get back to my damn nap. The old lady kept me up all day nagging about not cleaning up the kitchen after the party last month. Do you believe that shit? Like I can be bothered with that drek."

Taking his seat behind the security desk, Joe slumped in his chair and closed his eyes to fall asleep. "Oh and mister, guessing you're looking for the freight elevator around the corner there. It'll take you to the roof. And no worries, we didn't see nothin. Ain't that right kid?" Joe opened one eye to glare at the newbie guard until the kid finally slunk away defeated to go pretend like he worked for a security company that actually cared about security.

Taking the freight elevator to the top landing, Mr. White easily found the unlocked door leading up to the actual roof. Seems like it's completely empty for now, though soon enough it will fill up with the rest of the teams arrival.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Slacker
post Feb 26 2013, 03:44 AM
Post #6


Runner
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3,420
Joined: 30-October 03
Member No.: 5,776



All in good time, the rest of the time arrives at the rooftop, for the most part completely unbothered by the sleeping guard at the front desk. At most, he simply gave them directions to the freight elevator without even opening his eyes.

The message each member got said 19:45pm. The sun’s last rays have turned the clouds orange and gray as you look each other over. It's obvious that you're all 'runners and neither the contact you spoke to nor the mysterious Mr. Johnson was in sight as your commlinks ring at precisely 19:45 with a request to connect you each into a conference. The invites were from different people, but the message was the same. <<Evening. My end was to assemble you. I’m going to conference in Mr. Johnson and drop off. You should make a good team, but just the same, watch your
asses. An unusual alignment is on the horizon.>>


A new image joins the call for everyone to see. It is completely virtual, a Pharaoh with electron-gleaming bronze skin and a reptilian head. “I am The Scion,” his deep, electric voice thrums. “The foundation wants the Horizon Corporation’s new arcanoarcheologist Parker Acson to work for them. He is at a banquet for new hires at the Horizon Splendor building across the street.” You look to the northeast at the fifty-story Horizon building towering over you. It sparkles silver and orange in the fading light. “See the great balcony on its 28th floor? The banquet is taking place right now, and the recognition ceremony is set to begin directly after. Our offer to you for Parker Acson is 8,000¥ each. You may negotiate for more after his acquisition depending on his ‘condition’. The job is an extraction, hostile, and you must begin in exactly fifteen minutes.”
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dak
post Feb 26 2013, 04:49 AM
Post #7


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 648
Joined: 26-February 02
Member No.: 1,396



Mr. White adjusts his bow tie and sighs.

He takes a moment to say hello to his fellow 'runners. To Gardner and TundraWolf he offers a quick hello and a smile. To the other three he gives a firm handshake and business card. A throwback to old school, rather expensive paper and ink, with an embedded chip containing his comm code. Mr. White is silver haired, and sports a neatly trimmed mustache and goatee. He wears an expensive looking wristwatch, the kind you don't see very often, and a ring on his finger.

After the information about the job, Mr. White takes a moment to survey his associates. He eyes their weaponry and attire. "Well, ladies and gentlemen, this looks a bit tricky. I like to see these kind of things go down quietly, quickly, and without a lot of mess. What do you think?"
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mach_Ten
post Feb 26 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #8


Neophyte Runner
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 2,113
Joined: 24-January 13
From: Here to Eternity
Member No.: 70,521



Silas listens intently to the J as the job is outlayed to them all. <<Fifteen minutes ? man that’s gonna be tight>>
He glances nervously away, eyes scanning the opposite building.
Two stories down from their current elevation to the lit rooms full of swanky folks in evening dress, completely un-aware <<I HOPE>> of their presence.

“Where’s the drop off?” his reply is not terse, just mildly absent as he runs the details over and over in his minds eye.
and more from reflex than any conscious thought.

<<Horizon Corp huh? What’s what Danny said? Oh yeah, new hire banquet.. paid up front snot nosed grads and overpaid science nerds.. there’s gonna be some guys with guns in there protecting those ASSets>>

Silas snickers to himself quietly at his own joke, then corrects himself and turns back to the Pharoe guy <<What the frag is the Foundation? and does they have sammiches ? .. bah who gives a frag>>

Silas is in, Job can be done severals ways, Chummer here.. ” He looks down at the crumpled business card in his paw and screws his eyes up trying to read the squiggly words Mr White, has it right too, quiets and sneaky likes, no messes no fusses! .. Oh yez, Name’s Silas .. no not Thilath .. it’s the teefs see”

He returns to the edge of the roof, avoiding exposing his silhouette by standing next to an extraction vent

<<Four guys on the door, six plain clothes wandering around, the waiters will be carrying and the chefs will have huge cleavers … bah amateurs>>

The grin creeps back across his face as he examines the building and the business behind him concludes.

"Fifteen minutes ... damn, no times for stopping at the buffitt, I bets they got nice cucumber sammiches too !"
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Slacker
post Feb 26 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #9


Runner
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3,420
Joined: 30-October 03
Member No.: 5,776



In answer to Silas's question the digital pharoah says “I will call you once you have acquired the target and taken him someplace safe. Obliterate his commlink!” Then the image of the reptilian pharaoh collapses upon itself leaving the quickly darkening sky in your field of view. Time to work.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Kiirnodel
post Feb 26 2013, 03:00 PM
Post #10


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 614
Joined: 27-September 12
Member No.: 56,316



Friday, 19:46; Rooftop, Yojirushi building
Fairlight Caliban: Passive | SIN: Gerald Adler


Gardner raises a bushy eyebrow in surprise at the entire interaction; from the runners present to the "man" on the comm. I'll have to talk to Sera about where her friend found this guy... but a job's a job... He gives a small groan of exertion as he moves his towering form up from the seated position he had taken while waiting for the Johnson to show up. Taking a step toward the roof's edge, he gets a look at the floor where the party seems to be while leaning casually on his staff from behind the rest of the team.

"Hmmm," Gardner's deep rumbling voice rolls across the rooftop. "Our first step is to know who we are looking for, and then see about getting in to find him. Particularly if we want to keep things low key."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mach_Ten
post Feb 26 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #11


Neophyte Runner
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 2,113
Joined: 24-January 13
From: Here to Eternity
Member No.: 70,521



Friday, 19:46; Rooftop, Yojirushi building

QUOTE (Gardner)
"Hmmm," Gardner's deep rumbling voice rolls across the rooftop. "Our first step is to know who we are looking for, and then see about getting in to find him. Particularly if we want to keep things low key."


Silas freezes, turns on the spot very slowly with his chin beginning the motion, until he has rotated 180 degrees and is looking in the direction of the 'small earthquake' that just went off behind him !

With a look of shock <<How in the drekkin' 'ell did I not spot this fella ?!>> He eyes up the man mountain leaning against a TREE, cautiously before introducing himself "S .. S ..Silas ! I finks ... umm... and you are ?"
Silas extends a hand, in the manner of someone trying to feed an angry tiger without gloves and trying his best to keep all his digits. and then counts them just to be sure afterwards.

"Yep you is rights, which one o' dem snotty kids is the snotty kids we want ? .. I's tempted to just find him in yeller pages and call his comm

See which one jumps the highest in dere !

Hey, any of you's guys check the front door ? they got bouncers at that party or is any one welcomes? "


He returns to the vantage point, but is sure to check his footing in case the foundations suddenly start to shake



Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Feb 26 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #12


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 267
Joined: 27-January 13
Member No.: 71,108



"Well, that was extraordinarily rude of him. Didn't even tell us what this guy looks like."

Needle tapped the few keys she needed to make sure the call had been properly ended before she looked out across the expanse towards the Horizon building. She tried to gauge the distance between the two, and then started doing some math in her head.

"Based on the distance between the two buildings, the speed of the elevator going down, and our relative foot speed when crossing the street - taking into account that we don't know how fast the elevators in the Horizon building are, nor how many security checkpoints we'd have to go through, or that we'd even be allowed access to the 28th floor - by my estimate, we should have left 4 minutes ago."

She once again examines the space between the two buildings when Silas speaks up about the buffet.

"You can't possibly know that they have a buffet there, nor what its contents might be. For all you know, this event could be very low key. In fact, there are some cultures where eating at these types of engagements is highly frowned upon because eating while attempting conversation can be seen as an insult; it can be perceived that the person you are talking to isn't interesting enough."

She cocks her head to one side as if expecting an answer, but then faces her commlink, deftly pushing the sequence of keys to start doing some data searches.

"Well, I suppose the first thing we should do is find a picture of Parker and see what he looks like. Then we'll need some preliminary data on the Horizon building - entrances, exits, data on the event itself. Finally, we should see what Matrix activity they've got going on over there. I'm sure they'll have some spiders monitoring the wireless traffic inside the building, but we should at least see if they have any nodes being broadcast."

And without waiting for anyone to chime in, she gets started.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Kiirnodel
post Feb 26 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #13


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 614
Joined: 27-September 12
Member No.: 56,316



"Ahh, my apologies," The giant reaches out his own hand, which (surprisingly) gently encompasses the one presented and bobs slightly. "You can call me Gardner. Silas, was it? Looks like we'll be working together, at least for tonight."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Slacker
post Feb 26 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #14


Runner
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3,420
Joined: 30-October 03
Member No.: 5,776



Twenty-eight stories up, the balcony of the Horizon Splendor building stretches out across the open distance fifty meters from you. The noise of the busy street below is almost drowned out by the wind, by the distant whir of chopper blades, and by the occasional jet engine screeching overhead. Scanning it, you see wait staff cleaning, a gentleman in a suit watching, and a blue eastern dragon tending bar, its tail pouring a beer from a tap. As a server walks across to the bar, her every footstep ripples outward in dark blue. The balcony appears to be covered in water. Taking the beer from the dragon, the server turns and walks towards a pair of tall glass doors. The doors open and close automatically, and she disappears into the hall beyond.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dak
post Feb 26 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #15


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 648
Joined: 26-February 02
Member No.: 1,396



Mr. White quietly thumbs his comlink and types in a quick query and hits send.

<< @MarcusB Ever heard of 'The Scion', or Parker Acson? >>


[ Spoiler ]



"I think that what we need are some invitations."

He types at his comlink again for a moment.

<< @MrHarrison: Looking for some invitations to Horizon Corp's new hires banquet. Any chance? >>

[ Spoiler ]
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Feb 26 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #16


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 267
Joined: 27-January 13
Member No.: 71,108



Just as I thought. Much ado about nothing.

Needle turns to the rest of the group and, while disconnecting her current matrix connection, spills what she knows. Or, more accurately, what she just found out.

I think our best bet is going to be the balcony. Based on the search that I was able to do, it is on the 28th floor, and leads directly to the conference room that the event is taking place in. And I've got a picture of Acson that I can push to you guys..."

She starts typing away at the keys on her commlink when she snaps her head straight up.

"I just realized that I haven't formally and properly introduced myself. Needle. As in 'hypodermic'. Interesting fact: did you know that while the idea of a syringe has been around forever, the modern hypodermic needle is said to have been invented in 1853? A surgeon and a physician, both working independently, came up with the idea.

"Anyhow, if you'll just give me your commlink addresses, I can push the image to you."


Once they do, she does.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Feb 26 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #17


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 869
Joined: 8-March 02
Member No.: 2,252



Friday, 18:21; Nikolai's apartment
Hermes Ikon: Passive | SIN: Ivan Mozhayev

Nikolai nearly dismissed the incoming call indicator flashing in the corner of his vision, then stopped when he saw who it was. The money from the foray into the Underground wasn't gone yet, but rent was due next week, and ammo wasn't cheap. He opened the window and blinked, his greeting dying unsaid on his lips. Two threads of hair hung loose over the corner of Irena Ching's ear, and the bridge of the frighteningly expensive AR glasses sat loosely on her nose. On anyone else, that was the same as full-blown panic. "I haven't much time, Mr. Mozhayev, so please listen closely. There is a job for you tonight, working with the two men you recently shot up the smuggler's haven with plus some new talent. I have no information other than that, and I must insist on knowing immediately if you are interested."

Nikolai simply nodded his assent.

"Excellent. You will meet the primary of this mission on the roof of the Yojirushi building at 19:45." A heavy automatic weapon roared somewhere in the background of the vid image of the fixer, and she nodded minutely. "Good hunting, then." The call cut off.

A minute of consideration, and he picked one of his two decent suits from the closet, followed by the somewhat-battered briefcase he'd picked up for just such an occasion. He unlocked his weapons cabinet and removed the Smartgun from it's rack, snapping a magazine loaded with Stick 'N Shock ammunition into it. After a few seconds' thought, he grabbed a spare magazine that was loaded with full metal jacket ammunition, then a pair of flash-bang grenades. After the last hiring meeting, having no guns is foolish. All of these were loaded into the briefcase, and he grabbed the Viper nestled in it's concealed holster before relocking the cabinet. He summoned an autocab before taking a quick shower, and met it as it pulled to the curb of his apartment building.

[ Spoiler ]

Friday, 19:48; 30th floor of the Yojirushi building
Hermes Ikon: Hidden | SIN: Ivan Mozhayev

Nikolai listened to the chatter of the assembled team mutely while he studied the Horizon building, his vision sweeping through the various bands his cybernetic eyes gave him. He was glad for the overcoat, as the winds gusting over the roof had a chill to them that weren't felt at ground level. Though he looked the dandelion to Mr.White's rose, it meshed better with their environs than the fatigues he preferred. 15 minutes to plan a hostile extraction from an extraterratorial location, and no provided intel other than what could be gathered themselves. He glanced aside as one of the unknown team members begins prepping a grapple system and a...flight suit with...gliding wings? There is our distraction, if nothing else.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dak
post Feb 26 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #18


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 648
Joined: 26-February 02
Member No.: 1,396



Mr. White rubbed his palms together as he considered the other building, and their possible entry. He turned back and smoothed his goatee. "You know, it's one thing to get into this gala, and another to get into the -" he stopped when he spied Silas apparently preparing to leap from the building like a winged squirrel. Mr. White looked genuinely surprised. "Excuse me - Silas, was it? I admire your ingenuity and direct approach. I wonder if you might be willing to entertain other ideas when it comes to crashing a party?"
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mach_Ten
post Feb 26 2013, 09:00 PM
Post #19


Neophyte Runner
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 2,113
Joined: 24-January 13
From: Here to Eternity
Member No.: 70,521



Silas pauses with his struggle with the tight fitted jump suit .. one leg in and trying to get the arms over his broad shoulders, dancing precariously close to the edge of the building

and sneezing every so often as he gets down wind of the Giant Gardner and his <<Drek, I hope that's at least dead animal, or preferably Faux>> furry ensemble.

He looks up at Mr. White and mumbles something "Just ...arrgh-thas-tight... Trying it .. waaaagh .. on ... Aaaachhhoooo... for size!" as the fight / dance continues.

"You pretty boys might'n be alloweds to just wander in there and swank around with dems posh nobs, but Me n' Tiny over here"
He Gestures at Gardner and almost plants himself on the floor


""Well .. I don' finks we is 'sactly wot dey is lookin' for in quality hired help. I aksed dat lady on the Comm ifs I wuz to dress all pretty like and she sed NO..

So's me is makin me a door and getting me some o' that fine ass boo-fey I finks they got goin""


He Finally gets the shoulders on without tearing the fabric and has worked up such a sweat that he needs to sit down to fasten on the addition protective plates of armour over the top.

"Dis is kinda cozy, hoo boy!" he admits

"Look, de way I see it .. is we gots the elements of surprise 'kayz ! ..some goes in from the top and somes goes in from the bottom ... double bubble innit?"

"dis suit is making me itchy though, ifs you gots better plan than me smashin me face into a buildin' dens I listen .. but it'd gets us some heela goods views on de computer thingummies !"


With that he sits panting on the edge of the roof and pats his upper torso pockets for an energy bar, swearing as he realises it's zipped up tighter than a frogs arse
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dak
post Feb 26 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #20


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 648
Joined: 26-February 02
Member No.: 1,396



Mr. White glances at his watch and frowns. "Tick tock, people. I'm open to ideas here. If you have one, speak up. Otherwise, follow me, and play along, but let me do the talking. If someone asks you something directly, short answers. This doesn't have to be complicated."

With a quick glance at his associates, he heads toward the elevator. Along the way, he types on his comlink.

<< @MrHarrison: Much obliged. May not need after all. Lunch next week perhaps. >>

He is headed for the front door of the Horizon Corp building.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mach_Ten
post Feb 26 2013, 09:56 PM
Post #21


Neophyte Runner
*****

Group: Members
Posts: 2,113
Joined: 24-January 13
From: Here to Eternity
Member No.: 70,521



Silas glumly follows after grabbing his gear, the freight elevator is gonna be REALLY awkward on the way down as the fight enters round two,

Four people and a giant squashed into half the space to avoid the contortionist ork...

" awww Drekk this, THINK FAST PEOPLE !"


He drops his lined coat to the ground, grabs his silenced pistol and fires a rapid burst at a darkened window a few floors below the party.

Holstering the gun he steps back for decent run up and prays to any kind of deity that might be lstening.

"COOOOOWWAAAABUUUUNNGGAAAAAAAA,!"
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Kiirnodel
post Feb 26 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #22


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 614
Joined: 27-September 12
Member No.: 56,316



With a practice swing a large piece of wood goes down in front of Silas before he manages to jump off the roof.

Hold on there friend
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Severus Snape
post Feb 26 2013, 10:34 PM
Post #23


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 267
Joined: 27-January 13
Member No.: 71,108



I wonder how hard it would be to test out the security on those nodes. I think maybe...

At Mr. White's words, she takes a quick look and sees what is about to go down.

"I have to admit that may not be the best idea. But if you are going to at least attempt to zip-line across to the Horizon building, the least I can do is try to force the doors open. That should give you some extra room to maneuver with on the other side, as well as give you the element of surprise. Although, I doubt the Horizon executives in the room are going to be happy about seeing uninvited guests just popping in. It's not like you're going to be there for movies and popcorn, you know."

Needle gets to work, firing up her commlink, loading some needed programs into running memory, and targeting one of the hidden nodes she found earlier.

Gotta do this on the fly. Give myself admin access. Keep the doors forced open. Buy a little time, maybe...
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Dak
post Feb 26 2013, 10:40 PM
Post #24


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 648
Joined: 26-February 02
Member No.: 1,396



Mr. White stops and watches Gardner help to redirect Silas. This should be interesting.

His toe bumped into something. A duffel bag. Rappelling gear. A grapple gun. Mr. White sighed, again. His eyes went up to the top of the adjacent fifty story building. "There's a first time for everything, I suppose."

"Ladies and gents, looks like our employer has seen fit to give us another option for ingress. And with a little luck, egress."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Slacker
post Feb 26 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #25


Runner
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3,420
Joined: 30-October 03
Member No.: 5,776



As Needle dives her way into the digital landscape of VR to attempt to hack her way into the balcony node closest to the doors (the other node seems to be located by the bar where the dragon is serving drinks), she is greeted with iconography of a classic 1920's Hollywood movie studio with props for a variety of film genres. The sky is a clear blue...at least it was until the first fingers of coded reached out to seek access for her persona. With a speed that shocks and scares the hell out of her, the sky shifts to the bloody red of a sunset.

Her first thought is that the system couldn't possibly be that fast. Her second thought is oh shit, what is that metallic form that is moving towards her supposed to represent. It looks like the android from the original silent film Metropolis, but it is a solid black with glowing red eyes.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2021 - 12:34 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.