Reply to this topicStart new topic
> All is known, Keeping tabs on your team-mates
FuelDrop
post Mar 5 2013, 04:04 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,300

I'm curious: How much effort do your runners put into keeping an eye on each other?
Our group runs the gauntlet from samurai who just don't care to a hacker who obsessively keeps track of her comrades.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DamHawke
post Mar 5 2013, 04:44 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 57,096

Most of ours don't care what each other is doing; save for the two who actually hang out after "work" for bad trids, beer and chinese takeout (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
_Pax._
post Mar 5 2013, 05:13 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 51,818

Depends on their resources, and their level of paranoia.

If the online game I'd had my last Hacker-adept in had run long enough, he'd'e ended up bugging everyone's commlinks, vehicles, lifestyles, everything he could possibly have done. BEcause, well, he actually was paranoid. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

But other characters? They don't know, and more, they generally don't want to know, outside of biz, and maybe going as far as "drinking buddies". The less they know about their team-mates outside the biz, the more they can justifiably conceal about their own self in turn.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 5 2013, 06:03 AM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

My group has decided to have a pair of fronts for their Shadowrunning, one of which is legitimate, another of which is illegal but not bad enough to warrant much care.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Mar 5 2013, 06:08 AM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 53,300

If you've seen my other recent thread you'll realize there's a very real reason for my hacker to keep close tabs on the rest of the group's activities.

+Quote Post
Lantzer
post Mar 5 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,335

It varies from group to group and campaign to campaign.

Some games, the different characters have almost zero contact between jobs.

Other games, half the team pitched in to get a communal doss, and safehouse. And constantly called up the rigger for rides.

In another game, suspicion and paranoia were so rife that 3 different people were separately tracking the adept's activities. My character's contribution to that effort was a tracking device and frag grenade implanted in the seat cushion of the Adept's motorbike.

+Quote Post
sunnyside
post Mar 5 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 10,502

Did you mean during a run or are people answering what you were trying to ask?

Outside of runs they would generally go their seperate ways. That was somewhat logistics though. Before the session when people are straggling in and usually for a while after I encourage those who are around to engage in various sorts of RP related to their characters lives outside of running. Since you're playing with a subset of the players, they can't be together and it would be a pain if there was some kind of tracking.

However sometimes things in their lives would spin up into some sort of trouble or shenanigans where they'd want more team members involved and that sort of stuff could occur during the "prime time" of the session.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Mar 6 2013, 10:59 PM
Post #8

Old Man Jones

Member No.: 1,699

My two Missions characters are probably polar opposites on this.

The rigger mostly just goes with the flow. If she remembers a face, great! If not, well, hello new friend!

Old Man Jones on the other hand keeps extensive secure dossiers on everyone. Everyone. With plans on how to neutralize them if necessary.

-k

+Quote Post
_Pax._
post Mar 6 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 51,818

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Mar 6 2013, 05:59 PM) *
My two Missions characters are probably polar opposites on this.

The rigger mostly just goes with the flow. If she remembers a face, great! If not, well, hello new friend!

Old Man Jones on the other hand keeps extensive secure dossiers on everyone. Everyone. With plans on how to neutralize them if necessary.

So ... one of your characters is Harley Quinn, and the other one is Batman? ;D

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 7 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

Old Man Jones is more like Old!Bruce from Batman Beyond. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Shortstraw
post Mar 8 2013, 03:49 AM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 29,391

Our last crew had 3 awakened characters that formed an initiation group so they got to know each other quite well whereas the hacker and street sam did their own thing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:29 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.