Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [SR3?] About Matrix rules
sk8bcn
post Mar 12 2013, 09:37 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,265

I've seen Shadow's post mentionning that there could be more than 1 decker and tought about it. Wouldn't it increase efficiency if there was 2 deckers in the system at the same time.

Decker 1 attracts attention and an ICE goes in action. He crashes it and suppress it.

When decker 2 reaches that tally, there's no ICE left to threat him? right?

And if that's right, if decker 1 logs off, what happens to decker 2? All suppressed ICE comes back?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bigity
post Mar 12 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,024

I don't have my books while I'm off at training, but IIRC, each icon has it's OWN security tally. So if Tally 7 launches Probe IC, everyone gets a copy to deal with at Tally 7, even if someone has crashed/suppressed their copy earilier.

Passive/Active Alerts affect everyone in the system as well.

Now, it still might be a benefit, but you still have each decker dealing with their own security tally.

EDIT: Page 110, Matrix.

"SECURITY TALLIES AND MULTIPLE ICONS Note that user icons generate individual security tallies. For example, if multiple deckers are hacking a host, each decker's icon generates its own separate security tally. As each decker reaches certain trigger steps, he will activate new copies of IC programs that will pursue him specifically (even if a previous decker already killed the IC at that step). Generally, any effects that are triggered by a particular icon, such as IC, apply only to the icon that triggered them. The two exceptions to this general guideline are I C constructs and passive-alert effects."

It goes on to say that constructs may attack any icon with a tally high enough to trigger it (not just the specific decker who actually did trigger it), and passive alerts affect everyone (raises system ratings by 2).

+Quote Post
sk8bcn
post Mar 12 2013, 05:03 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Now I'm decking with my friend. ICE A attacks him. We both attack the ICE. I suppress his ICE? Is that possible?

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Mar 12 2013, 05:46 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (sk8bcn @ Mar 12 2013, 10:03 AM) *
Now I'm decking with my friend. ICE A attacks him. We both attack the ICE. I suppress his ICE? Is that possible?

Yes. Why wouldn't it be?

+Quote Post
Bigity
post Mar 12 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,024

Yes. BUT, when you tally enough to trigger the IC, a new one will spawn and must be dealt with.

+Quote Post
Cheops
post Mar 12 2013, 08:13 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 392

Best use would be for A to draw the attention of any white hats while B gets the job done. Once you got the data then B can bushwhack the white hats. Fighting IC isn't really the best use of a second hacker.

Also Interrogation Operations are a bitch so if you anticipate having to run 2+ then having a buddy who can run one concurrently is pretty sweet.

+Quote Post
sk8bcn
post Mar 14 2013, 09:17 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Mar 12 2013, 06:46 PM) *
Yes. Why wouldn't it be?

I've suppressed his ICE so technically I lower the system's score to detect me. Ofc I'll deal my own, but his tally won't go up as fast.

Now I log off. What happens to my friends tally?

+Quote Post
sk8bcn
post Mar 14 2013, 09:19 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (Cheops @ Mar 12 2013, 09:13 PM) *
Best use would be for A to draw the attention of any white hats while B gets the job done. Once you got the data then B can bushwhack the white hats. Fighting IC isn't really the best use of a second hacker.

Also Interrogation Operations are a bitch so if you anticipate having to run 2+ then having a buddy who can run one concurrently is pretty sweet.

It's more a GM/rule oriented thread rather than a player oriented one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm not looking how to hack the best but to understand the game-system.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:56 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.