Opti
post May 20 2013, 10:15 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 97,213

From the retailers previews:

April (this might be outdated, lol)

SHADOWRUN: CROSSFIRE Danger lurks behind every card in the Shadowrun: Crossfire cooperative deck- building game! You and up to three chummers take on the darkest allies and most powerful corporations of the 2070s as you make a run through the shadows in one of three missions (“Caught in the Crossfire”, “Extraction”, and “Deal with a Dragon”). Improve your character by buying Hacking, Spell, Weapon, and Skill cards from the Black Market to add to your deck, while overcoming a variety of obstacles to your mission and threats to your lives. Plus, you'll have to contend with the dreaded Crossfire deck, which serves up deadly, new events each round: you might have a Reversal of Fortune, encounter an Astral Surge, juggle a Grenade, or have to deal with the enemy’s Hardened Defenses. Scheduled to ship in April 2013. PSI CAT27700..........................$49.95

June

SHADOWRUN RPG 5TH EDITION CORE RULEBOOK Building on the award-winning Shadowrun, Fourth Edition rule set, Fifth Edition introduces the down-and-dirty Sixth World setting, a place where shadowrunners need to count their bul- lets carefully and be cautious about whom they trust. Running the Matrix has never been easier, as Shadowrun, Fifth Edition features all the tools and resources players need to quickly get into the game and onto the streets, including improved, streamlined Matrix rules, increased gear options, fast char- acter creation, more player aids, expanded gamemaster advice, and pre- generated gear kits.Scheduled to ship in June 2013. PSI CAT27000 ........................$59.99

SHADOWRUN RPG INTRODUCTORY BOX SET Scheduled to ship in June 2013. PSI CAT27100..........................

July

Shadowrun: SpLinTered STaTe Set in the archetypical Shadowrun setting of Seattle, this adventure sourcebook offers the character statistics, setting information, and plot points needed for gamemasters to take players on an adventure that introduces a new danger to the Sixth World. Scheduled to ship in July 2013. PSI CAT27400 ........................... $19.99

Shadowrun: Stolen SoulS Shedding further light on the Sybil virus plotline, this Shadowrun, Fifth Edition sourcebook provides extensive information on New York City in the Sixth World, as well as details on extraction runs, giving shadowrunners tools, gear, and technique that can help get people out of tightly guarded spots. Scheduled to ship in July 2013. PSI CAT27200............................$44.99

August

Shadowrun: run FaSter Every step, every advantage, every millisecond counts! Shadowrunners need every chance they get to gain a step on the opposition, and Run Faster is full of them. From new character creation options and a broader range of qualities, to lifestyle options, tactical advice, new contacts, and more, Run Faster serves as a crucial companion to players who want to get the most out of their Shadowrun, Fifth Edition core rulebook. Scheduled to ship in August 2013. PSI CAT27002............................$49.99

Shadowrun: Sprawl wildS Shadowrunners know they don’t have to wander out of their sprawls to find spaces as wild and untamed as any jungle. Seattle is a perfect example - from the dark corners of the Ork Underground to the overgrown insanity of the Redmond Barrens, Seattle hosts all variety of dangers and angry critters to push runners to their limits. Sprawl Wilds collects four adventures for use with Shadowrun, Fifth Edition. Scheduled to ship in August 2013. PSI CAT27480............................$24.99
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DamHawke
post May 20 2013, 10:35 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 57,096

Nice to have a rough timeline for the releases. Thanks!

These are print prices right?

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post May 20 2013, 11:41 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 9,313

Someone's been researching real life Internet threats.

"One way security can break down is in a Sybil attack. Named after the case study of a woman with multiple personality disorder, a Sybil attack is a type of security threat when a node in a network claims multiple identities."

Sounds interesting.

+Quote Post
Bigity
post May 20 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,024

I like how the core book isn't even out yet and apparently the 5E companion is already in the works.

Hey! WTF is the magic book, everyone knows that's first after the core book.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post May 20 2013, 02:20 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (Opti @ May 20 2013, 11:15 AM) *
Shadowrun: run FaSter Every step, every advantage, every millisecond counts! Shadowrunners need every chance they get to gain a step on the opposition, and Run Faster is full of them. From new character creation options and a broader range of qualities, to lifestyle options, tactical advice, new contacts, and more, Run Faster serves as a crucial companion to players who want to get the most out of their Shadowrun, Fifth Edition core rulebook. Scheduled to ship in August 2013. PSI CAT27002............................$49.99

Hm, the companion before even the gear book? Not sure what to think of that...

+Quote Post
Opti
post May 20 2013, 02:32 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Maybe they were concerned about all of those 'runners who have their heart set on metavariants, etc...

+Quote Post
ElFenrir
post May 20 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,337

I'm all for an early Companion myself-as someone who uses metavariants and the other chargen options I really like the option to get it sooner. Then more toys.

+Quote Post
bannockburn
post May 20 2013, 04:01 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Member No.: 51,886

I honestly doubt that list.
It looks a bit like how Amazon gets their release dates.
Stolen Souls was mentioned somewhere before, and it looks like it makes sense, from the synopsis at least, but my personal interpretation is that this is a working list of possible products, not a complete roadmap of what to expect when.

+Quote Post
Opti
post May 20 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

There is no reason to doubt the list. That is the information that retailers order product from and it is from the distributor. The dates may be off a bit, but that is because the products need to be ordered months in advance, in this case, 3-4 months. This list is compiled from 3 months worth of preview material, April, May, and June.

+Quote Post
bannockburn
post May 20 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 51,886

Sure there is a reason to doubt it.
1) New products are usually announced by the publisher themselves.
2) Amazon and other retailers make a habit out of guessing release dates.

As long as I have no official news on any of the official websites, there is reason to doubt it.

+Quote Post
hermit
post May 20 2013, 04:39 PM
Post #11

The King In Yellow

Member No.: 7,121

If this is the real plan, I am slightly troubled by the fact that apparently, only a companion-ish book is planned in terms of core expansions. No matrix book, no augmentations book, guns book, magic book, no advanced books on any of the core fields of Shadowrun rules. Traditionally, these books can and are used to smooth out any troubles with the core rules and add beloved equipment for legacy players, which are the bread and butter for the RPG market. I can only hope this is not official or close to the official plan. Just after releasing a new edition, plot books is what is least needed.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post May 20 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #12

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (Opti @ May 20 2013, 03:32 PM) *
Maybe they were concerned about all of those 'runners who have their heart set on metavariants, etc...

Somebody always gets the short end of the stick, if not metavariants then characters with a certain tradition/stream, cyberware, pimped drone...

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post May 21 2013, 04:06 AM
Post #13

Shooting Target

Jason said shattered stats and stolen souls in his rpg chat the other night as next products up.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 21 2013, 04:20 AM
Post #14

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

Shattered stats doesn't happen until I start making NPCs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

EDIT: Shattered States, OTOH...

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post May 21 2013, 04:24 AM
Post #15

Shooting Target

QUOTE (CanRay @ May 21 2013, 12:20 AM) *
Shattered stats doesn't happen until I start making NPCs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Oops not so good at typing on iPod, big thumbs!

+Quote Post
Starglyte
post May 21 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,317

Interesting. Surprised to see we are not getting a Seattle guide book in the first initial release. I don't mind that the companion is coming out before the gear books. What I would really like to see is a sourcebook for rural/island shadowruns.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 21 2013, 05:35 PM
Post #17

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Starglyte @ May 21 2013, 09:41 AM) *
Interesting. Surprised to see we are not getting a Seattle guide book in the first initial release. I don't mind that the companion is coming out before the gear books. What I would really like to see is a sourcebook for rural/island shadowruns.
I'd like to see an update for Hawai'i. My group really hates thinking about going to LA again after what I did to them the last two times.

+Quote Post
tasti man LH
post May 21 2013, 05:48 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 66,005

...wouldn't that mean potentially dealing with Naheka?

Sure, the dude's no Lofwyr or Lung, but still, far as I know, there's not GD roosting in LA.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 21 2013, 07:20 PM
Post #19

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (tasti man LH @ May 21 2013, 12:48 PM) *
...wouldn't that mean potentially dealing with Naheka?

Sure, the dude's no Lofwyr or Lung, but still, far as I know, there's not GD roosting in LA.
No GD, but there is The Magic Kingdom, and ComiCon is just down the road (In Aztlan!).

+Quote Post
tasti man LH
post May 21 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 66,005

Who were you planning to make them "extract" next? Spider Man? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 22 2013, 12:29 AM
Post #21

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (tasti man LH @ May 21 2013, 03:31 PM) *
Who were you planning to make them "extract" next? Spider Man? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
No, already did a superhero (Batman), I'll have to think of something original.

+Quote Post
Neurosis
post May 22 2013, 01:53 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,000

QUOTE (CanRay @ May 21 2013, 12:20 AM) *

It's called Splintered State, actually.

:smirk:

+Quote Post
Starglyte
post May 22 2013, 02:00 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,317

QUOTE (CanRay @ May 21 2013, 12:35 PM) *
I'd like to see an update for Hawai'i. My group really hates thinking about going to LA again after what I did to them the last two times.

I would love a new sourcebook for Hawai'i and the rest of the Pacific islands. Though this might be due to me playing more Far Cry 3 since Blood Dragon got released and rewatching the Black Lagoon series.

+Quote Post
SirFozzie
post May 22 2013, 05:54 AM
Post #24

Target

Member No.: 3,217

Amazon has a bare bones page up, claiming the release date is 7/3.

http://www.amazon.com/Shadowrun-Fifth-Edit...run+5th+edition

(man between SRR, Crossfire (assuming it comes out around that time), and SR5).. My head will explode from so much shadowrun... like a Shadowrun Cortex Bomb!)

Edit: They also have a page for Shattered State, but no release date

+Quote Post
CanRay
post May 22 2013, 06:12 AM
Post #25

Immortal Elf

No date has been officially released. Who knows where Amazon got their data.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:49 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.