Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Steve Jackson knew it all!, The New World Order Conspiracy
JongWK
post Apr 26 2004, 09:02 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

Just when you thought human stupidity had a limit...

FNORD!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Apr 27 2004, 02:50 AM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

The New World Order is coming. Are you ready, citizen?

~J

+Quote Post
A Clockwork Lime
post Apr 27 2004, 06:11 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,158

God, I hate conspiracy theorists.

But then, you can't really blame them for being insane. Gotta love any religion that basically states that if world peace and harmony is ever achieved, the world is going to end. <wipes away a tear> That's beautiful.

+Quote Post
Connor
post Apr 27 2004, 06:30 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,652

I find consipacy theorists to be great fodder for game metaplot ideas. At least, in those games dealing with far reaching actions and consequences. Or even if you just want an elaborate story to give your players only a small piece of.

And that David Icke guy that's referenced on the page JongWK linked to...browse through his site if you have some time to kill...it's priceless!

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Apr 27 2004, 02:29 PM
Post #5

Man In The Machine

Member No.: 1,105

At first I was "Who could be THIS stupid?" then I noticed what domain its from. www.cuttingedge.org Lets hear it for christian fundamentalists.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Apr 27 2004, 03:32 PM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

What the hell... I read it and thought it was a joke!

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Apr 27 2004, 03:47 PM
Post #7

Jesus Freak

Member No.: 6,274

Not all fundamentalists are as lame as this guy is.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Apr 27 2004, 03:53 PM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Enough are to ruin their reputation, though. You don't see that many agnostics or ther "free thinkers" (dunno what the proper English term is) bashing RPGs because they "corrupt the youth's morals" or something.

That goes for all fundamentalists, though, not just christians.

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Apr 27 2004, 03:57 PM
Post #9

Jesus Freak

I'm pretty much fundamentalist myself and I hang out here all day. Being christian doesn't mean you are into all the conspiracies and stuff like that, it just means you take the Bible at face falue, or its fundamentals if you will.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Apr 27 2004, 04:26 PM
Post #10

Great Dragon

My understanding is that you don't even have to put much value on the bible to be christian, you just have to believe in a (rather) christian god and Jesus. Note that even I didn't say all fundamentalists are like that, just enough to ruin their reputation. My comment about "all fundamentalists" just meant that there are rotten eggs among all different religions, or even fundamentalists of a non-religious nature.

Luckily here anti-RPG sentiments are a thing of the past. Even when they were expressed, they were limited to a few loonies somewhere in the Northern countryside -- all of which christians, of course, but that isn't surprising because 15 years ago ~98% of the people in our Northern countryside were.

It seems, though, that anti-RPG sentiments are quite uncommon there too. I haven't seen any news about them being banned or their makers sued for some time now. Is that just because of a lack of mass murders/suicides, or have new scapegoats been found?

+Quote Post
Mr. Man
post Apr 27 2004, 04:41 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,015

QUOTE (Ecclesiastes)
Not all fundamentalists are as lame as this guy is.

I have to admit it, you're right.

Many fundamentalists are even more lame!

+Quote Post
TinkerGnome
post Apr 27 2004, 06:06 PM
Post #12

Dragon

Member No.: 4,706

Fundamentalist != moron. So called "fundamentalists" often don't have a whole lot of their actual religion in their beliefs. By and large, "fundamentalist" atheists are some of the most annoying people on earth.

+Quote Post
Ecclesiastes
post Apr 27 2004, 06:07 PM
Post #13

Jesus Freak

QUOTE (TinkerGnome @ Apr 27 2004, 11:06 AM)
By and large, "fundamentalist" atheists are some of the most annoying people on earth.

Amen.

edit: I can say that because I used to be one. ;)

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Apr 27 2004, 06:22 PM
Post #14

Man In The Machine

Member No.: 1,105

Ok, lets edit that. Radical Christian Fundamentalists. That better?
But then, I have about as much faith in cuttingedge.org as I do in moveon.org and abortionismurder.org :noflame: Im done now, dont kill me?

+Quote Post
CountZero
post Apr 27 2004, 08:00 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,353

Hey, don't forget banned-books.com in the "kind of weird" catagory. They might almost be a credible site, if it wasn't for their pimping of David Icke's books on their front page.

In fact, Dave, You Make Kitty Scared

+Quote Post
Pthgar
post Apr 27 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,642

Some fundalmentalists (like me and my friends) play rpgs. Agnostics and athiests have their own breed of embarasments.

Let's not forget the millions of American fundmentalists who think that stuff is big a load of baloney as you're gonna find anywhere.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Apr 27 2004, 11:41 PM
Post #17

Great Dragon

QUOTE (Pthgar)
Agnostics and athiests have their own breed of embarasments.

Relating to the misunderstanding of RPGs or other facets of gaming industries? I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I've never seen agnostics spreading misinformation about games on a similar scale as religious fundamentalists.

+Quote Post
Frag-o Delux
post Apr 28 2004, 12:11 AM
Post #18

Running Target

Member No.: 2,316

If want to hear some really good wack jobs listen to coast to coast am. It used to be hosted by Art Bell, well he still does on the weekends but now it si by a guy named George I think his last name is Noory or Nooray. Good stuff at 3am. They have site at www.coasttocoastam.com . all that Illuminati stuff has been covered and will be recorvered along with alien overlords all the way down to government experiements in our vacines. :)

+Quote Post
Kakkaraun
post Apr 28 2004, 03:34 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,548

Hey, I'm a conspiracy theorist. Not that I necessarily BELIEVE lots of it (ESPECIALLY stuff like this), but I believe it's possible. A lot of it has some pretty good evidence.

Oh, shit! I forgot to put on my tinfoil hat! THEY'LL GET MEEEEEE!!!

+Quote Post
Connor
post Apr 28 2004, 08:06 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,652

Frag-o, you did forget to mention that they do occasionally cover real science on coast to coast. I've tuned into some good stuff there occasionally.

+Quote Post
shadd4d
post Apr 28 2004, 10:43 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,230

Man. Sometimes it's frankly disturbing that some people do actually believe this. It's also a tad freaky that this actually makes a bit of sense.

Don

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Apr 28 2004, 11:51 AM
Post #22

Great Dragon

QUOTE (shadd4d)
this actually makes a bit of sense.

You mean, such as this pitiful excusive of an article? Might as well go back and say that Nostradamus really was a great foreteller because he could say for certain that "Some time in the future, lots of people will die".

No, this doesn't make one bit of sense.

+Quote Post
Frag-o Delux
post Apr 28 2004, 12:41 PM
Post #23

Running Target

Member No.: 2,316

QUOTE (Connor)
Frag-o, you did forget to mention that they do occasionally cover real science on coast to coast. I've tuned into some good stuff there occasionally.

The problem with covering real science while surrounding it wiht so much crazy is most people will tend not to listen to that either.

Hey I believe aliens are real, I mean with billions of planets out there do you honestly believe we are the only planet with life on it. I have also seen some stuff that I can only explain as ghosts also, but then again I am no scientist with espensive equipment to prove other wise.

The problem is they have truck drivers calling up saying they time travel in their PeterBuilt. Maybe they do, but I am sure it is just a meth induced hallucination. OR the guy they had call up and sadi he was a IT professor and refuses to upgrade his classroom computers from 98 to 2000 ME or better because Bill Gates is spying on him for the government, not to mention XP doesn't offer anything better then 98 can do. Or a lady called up asking about solar flares. She was curious if we were exsposed to any strong solar flares in the last few days. Her computer stopped working, so it must have been solare flares, not the millions of things that could have possibily gone wrong with a computer. If here phone worked to call the radio station do you think a solar flare cooked her computer?

I love the show, but the listener call ins are just crazy wackos looking for exceptence. Some of the guest are not all together there either.

+Quote Post
shadd4d
post Apr 28 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,230

It makes sense to fruit-loops (whose god must be Toucan Sam). Kind of annoying that the internet gave them a voice. It's sometimes sad to see the dirrection even fringe elements take.

Don

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Apr 28 2004, 04:04 PM
Post #25

Beetle Eater

Member No.: 2,826

At least the Internet lets us see them. No more pretending they don't exist until we have to bury three hundred bodies.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 05:18 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.