IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Autosofts & Drones, What is rating/cost?
j2klbs
post Jul 15 2013, 06:49 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,913

1. Autosofts:

I'm trying to figure out the ratings and costs of autosofts. On p. 269 the rules state that an autosoft has a rating between 1-6. But for the life of me I cannot find any rules about what the ratings are limited to and what the cost of these autosofts might be. In other words, what is to stop someone from just saying all of their autosofts are rating 6 at all times?

2. Drones

I see the chart in a couple places (p. 234, 421) that state that drones are considered to be rating 2. So, they can't ever exceed rating 2 even with spending nuyen? (I don't see any rules that would allow this). It seems strange if they are always rating 2 because then why put rules like on p. 269 where it says drones can have autosofts equal to half their rating/ Why not just say drones can only ever had 1 autosoft since their rating appears to always be 2?

Please cite page numbers if you have answers to my questions.

Thanks so much!
~Jason
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Epicedion
post Jul 15 2013, 07:24 AM
Post #2

Douche

Group: Banned
Member No.: 23,135

QUOTE (j2klbs @ Jul 15 2013, 01:49 AM) *
1. Autosofts:

I'm trying to figure out the ratings and costs of autosofts. On p. 269 the rules state that an autosoft has a rating between 1-6. But for the life of me I cannot find any rules about what the ratings are limited to and what the cost of these autosofts might be. In other words, what is to stop someone from just saying all of their autosofts are rating 6 at all times?

2. Drones

I see the chart in a couple places (p. 234, 421) that state that drones are considered to be rating 2. So, they can't ever exceed rating 2 even with spending nuyen? (I don't see any rules that would allow this). It seems strange if they are always rating 2 because then why put rules like on p. 269 where it says drones can have autosofts equal to half their rating/ Why not just say drones can only ever had 1 autosoft since their rating appears to always be 2?

Please cite page numbers if you have answers to my questions.

Thanks so much!
~Jason

Solving one problem, on page 269 under "Drones In the Matrix" it says that the Device Rating of a drone is the same as its Pilot rating.

This looks like a pretty huge problem for Riggers, otherwise. It looks like they might've gotten overlooked a little in the finishing phases of the book. Autosofts don't get a full listing (there's an Autosoft used in the lengthy example that doesn't appear on the list under Autosofts), and they don't get a listing in the Gear section, even under Programs. To make matters worse, RCCs don't get a full listing in the Gear section, only appearing in the Rigger section.

+Quote Post
j2klbs
post Jul 15 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 17,913

Thank you so much Epicedion for answering question #2. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Much obliged.

Now, if anyone can help me with the autosoft rating question I would be delighted.

Thanks all!
~Jason

+Quote Post
Slide
post Jul 15 2013, 07:57 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 127,215

I had a small task force looking at this today. The prices just aren't in the book. I don't recall off the top of my head what the autosofts are historically.

+Quote Post
AndyZ
post Jul 27 2013, 07:38 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,444

Vulcan Leigelord and Protean Poseidon are identical in all stats except for cost and availability as well. Whether you want to pay more and have a harder time looking for it for the same thing is up to you.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Jul 27 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

for autosoft costs, i'd say just use activesofts as your guideline until something official gets published.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:44 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.