Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Samoth
post Jul 16 2013, 08:53 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 875

It works well enough for the basics, but doesn't address what my Commanding Voice-focused adept is supposed to do with his entire character concept now since that power is not yet in the rules of SR5.

+Quote Post
Skynet
post Jul 16 2013, 09:07 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 127,501

Not finished yet, but the "Increase skills"-part has to be a joke.

So my (almost) freshly made mage with spellcasting 6 now has spellcasting 10... yeah right (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)

+Quote Post
cndblank
post Jul 16 2013, 09:40 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 7,685

This has to be a tough job.
Thanks for taking it on.

One observation, Blandness is 10 BP or 20 Karma.
You are going to give a specialization for seven karma or a single skill rank worth two karma?
That is harsh.

Situation is the pretty much the same for the rest.
Murky Link is 10 BP and you are saying take a 7 karma specialization in place of it.

The other thing is the karma cost for SR5 Positive Qualities are doubled after character creation.
The specialization cost is the same for both.
So a 7 Karma specialization is only worth about 1 third of a 10 BP Positive Quality.

How about letting the player trade any in any missing SR4 Positive Qualities for their BP cost in character creation Karma so the PC can get SR5 positive quantities to replace the ones he is losing.
So the player could trade in Blandness for 10 Karma and purchase Ambidextrous for 4 and Bilingual for 5 and have 1 Karma left over to spend where ever.

+Quote Post
Fyndhal
post Jul 16 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,254

QUOTE (cndblank @ Jul 16 2013, 04:40 PM) *
This has to be a tough job.
Thanks for taking it on.

Not my work -- I saw it over on another forum and figured it should be posted here as well.

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Jul 17 2013, 07:08 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

For a non-decker, losing the Erased quality is worthless. Seems to be able to work well enough in SR5 to me as is.

Also, no mention on TMs that might have both versions of the old Cracking & Electronics skill groups, though I suppose those could just be refunded for karma based on their individual skills instead.

+Quote Post
cndblank
post Jul 17 2013, 12:05 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 7,685

I expect that erased will be back but at a higher cost.
Or maybe with three levels (Monthly for 5, Weekly for 10, Daily for 15)

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Jul 17 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

Also, it's obviously not going to allow you to convert characters needing core books to full SR5 yet. That was the case in SR3->4 as well. Complaining about that is being ignorant. Once we get all the other core books, full conversions will be possible.

+Quote Post
Redjack
post Jul 17 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #9

Man Behind the Curtain

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Jhaiisiin @ Jul 17 2013, 09:27 AM) *
Also, it's obviously not going to allow you to convert characters needing core books to full SR5 yet. That was the case in SR3->4 as well. Complaining about that is being ignorant. Once we get all the other core books, full conversions will be possible.
You could have said that, made your point and not broken the Wheaton's Law by simply saying:
Also, it's obviously not going to allow you to convert characters needing core books to full SR5 yet. That was the case in SR3->4 as well. Once we get all the other core books, full conversions will be possible.

+Quote Post
Flaser
post Jul 17 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 85,198

These conversion rules bring up some major problems - at least on my end - skills wise. The old (normal) cap was 6, the new is 12... the conversion guide covers this nicely.
The problem is between converted and newly generated PCs, as the new chargen still has (chargen)skillcap of 6... meaning that old PCs will be on average about 2x as skilled then new ones, straight out of chargen.

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Jul 19 2013, 04:01 AM
Post #11

Running Target

Point. I'll keep a tighter reign on it, Redjack.

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Jul 19 2013, 04:02 AM
Post #12

Running Target

Insofar as Chargen->Chargen, I'd just remake the character under the new rules. The conversion guide is meant to convert existing characters, rather than a freshly made one. After all, if it's' freshly made, there's little reason not to just re-do the character under the new system.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:54 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.