Mach_Ten
post Jul 20 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,521

AR 51 says Body x 3 for armor value

SR4A p161 says body x 2

does core supersede the splat or vice versa ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bannockburn
post Jul 20 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 51,886

Specific trumps general.
In this case, general is the core rulebook's Bod x 2, specific is the MilSpec armor's Bod x 3.

+Quote Post
Mach_Ten
post Jul 20 2013, 10:15 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (bannockburn @ Jul 20 2013, 11:13 AM) *
Specific trumps general.
In this case, general is the core rulebook's Bod x 2, specific is the MilSpec armor's Bod x 3.

so all the fluff in the description about being huge heavy and slow is pretty much just fluff, there's nothing different to wearing this than prancing round in a pretty pink neglige ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

for stealth I mean

+Quote Post
bannockburn
post Jul 20 2013, 10:26 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 51,886

There's nothing like 'just fluff' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Fluff is stuff that doesn't have any bearing on the crunch (the actual rules construct) but does have bearing on the world and setting.

In this case, there is also the fluff of
"These full-body suits incorporate hard and soft armor integration with an ergonomic design that allows the user to move with as little restriction as possible"

and "Each suit must be custom-fit to an individual, tailored to her specific body contours and range of motion",

followed by the actual crunch where the effects are explained (namely: Bod x 3 as encumbrance limit).

This is in accordance to the passage "Tweaking Armor Encumbrance", 2nd bullet point on p. 44 Arsenal.

Personally, I only use encumbrance when a character wears more than one piece of armor. Cuts down on micromanagement and allows low Bod characters to survive a bit better.

+Quote Post
Mach_Ten
post Jul 20 2013, 10:34 AM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (bannockburn @ Jul 20 2013, 11:26 AM) *
There's nothing like 'just fluff' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Fluff is stuff that doesn't have any bearing on the crunch (the actual rules construct) but does have bearing on the world and setting.

In this case, there is also the fluff of
"These full-body suits incorporate hard and soft armor integration with an ergonomic design that allows the user to move with as little restriction as possible"

and "Each suit must be custom-fit to an individual, tailored to her specific body contours and range of motion",

followed by the actual crunch where the effects are explained (namely: Bod x 3 as encumbrance limit).

This is in accordance to the passage "Tweaking Armor Encumbrance", 2nd bullet point on p. 44 Arsenal.

Personally, I only use encumbrance when a character wears more than one piece of armor. Cuts down on micromanagement and allows low Bod characters to survive a bit better.

understood mate thanks.

I'm happy for it to work that way, just seems weird that some half Dalek/half terminator can sneak around without detriment, you should be able to hear the whirrr of his servos half a mile off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

currently this means my player is safe and as GM I have to find another way to thwart him ... I'm thinking lots of explosives (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:11 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.