Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bad Luck + Blitz, What happens?
Terence
post Jul 21 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 63,164

Topic description says it all but it isn't as straight forward as Seize the Initiative (Go Last).

So, what does happen if a character rolls Bad Luck on his edge use of Blitz?

Roll for Initiative like normal but subtract 5D6?
Add no dice?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Jul 21 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

you roll the minimum number of dice instead, which is 1, i guess. maybe treat it like getting hit by various initiative-reducing effects as well, and lose an extra 5 from that? i dunno. guess it should still be worse for someone who only starts with one die to begin with.

+Quote Post
Sunshine
post Jul 21 2013, 06:47 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,312

QUOTE (Terence @ Jul 21 2013, 07:51 PM) *
Topic description says it all but it isn't as straight forward as Seize the Initiative (Go Last).

So, what does happen if a character rolls Bad Luck on his edge use of Blitz?
Roll for Initiative like normal but subtract 5D6?

This is exactly how I would handle it. For the 1d6 Char that would meant he is not available for the first combat turn on avarage (-17), but Bad Luck (Jump to 01:06 if you do not want to wait) was a choice and he can rest assured that it won't hit him for the rest of the session.

love,
Sunshine

+Quote Post
Slide
post Jul 21 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 127,215

The way I see it you would subtract the 5d6 from your inititive roll. I mean we are going for the Oppisate of help here. You try to jump ahead and sudenly realize your shoe lace is caught in the door and fall face first. Take a round pulliing yourself together. Maybe you will get lucky enough and still be able to act. But then again. It might sound harsh till you think about the fact that a combat turn is 3 seconds.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:24 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.