Terence
post Jul 21 2013, 10:12 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 63,164

Hoi chummers,

I have a few more questions for SR5:

1) Does attribute boost (Body) increase the condition monitor? (see page 309)
"This only affects your dice pools" hints at NO, but it only specifies physical limit and initiative

2) Does simsense vertigo affect initiative? (see page 83)
"-2 to all tests" implies initiative is NOT affected, or is an initiative roll considered a test?

3) Does the intuition bonuses from cyberware and spells affect astral & matrix (VR) initiative? I'm looking at:
Synpatic Booster, Pain Editor, Decrease Intuition, Increase Intuition

4) Does Combat Paralysis affect cyber combat and astral combat? (see page 80)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jul 22 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

I'll take a stab...

1. I would not think so.

2. I would not think so.

3. No... Physical Speed Enhancements would work for AR interfaces, but it is pretty clear that VR does not use such things. Astral Attributes being based upon Mental Attributes, however, would liklely benefit from Mental Enhancing 'ware. Of course, if you are Perceiving (rather than Projecting) and are in Astral Combat (Still possible, yes?) then you would of course benefit from your Physical boosts, sicne you are still reacting in the physical world (at least that is how it worked previously).

4. I have always said yes on this one. Regardless of where you involve yourself in combat, Paralysis still has an effect.

+Quote Post
binarywraith
post Jul 22 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,659

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 22 2013, 08:36 AM) *
I'll take a stab...

4. I have always said yes on this one. Regardless of where you involve yourself in combat, Paralysis still has an effect.

I would agree. Combat Paralysis is a psychological condition, not a physical one, so anything that registered as combat would set it off.

+Quote Post
Darkraven
post Jul 22 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 9,494

Prolly because I'm blind, I can find what the ()'d number next to Metatype in the Priority table mean. Can someone enlighten me?

+Quote Post
Elfenlied
post Jul 22 2013, 04:11 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,018

QUOTE (Darkraven @ Jul 22 2013, 04:10 PM) *
Prolly because I'm blind, I can find what the ()'d number next to Metatype in the Priority table mean. Can someone enlighten me?

Special attribute points, which can be distributed among Edge, Magic and Resonance.

+Quote Post
Shemhazai
post Jul 22 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,835

QUOTE (Darkraven @ Jul 22 2013, 12:10 PM) *

Those are the points you allocate to Edge, and another special attribute (Magic or Resonance) if you have one.

+Quote Post
Darkraven
post Jul 22 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 9,494

Thanks, like I said I'm prolly blind and just didn't see it in the book. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
RelentlessImp
post Jul 22 2013, 07:41 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,020

QUOTE (Darkraven @ Jul 22 2013, 12:42 PM) *
Thanks, like I said I'm prolly blind and just didn't see it in the book. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Here, I'll help you. Page 65, right column, second paragraph. Page 66, left column, first paragraph.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:28 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.