> Stupid Questions (fifth ed.), A running list of my stupid questions
Pollution
post Jul 28 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,773

OK:

1) Is the Max rating for an attribute found in the Metahuman table now the max AUGMENTATION rating? i.e. Human with Cyber/Bio can't ever go above 6 Strength, even with Muscle Aug or similar?
2) Did I just read right that the Quality Exceptional Attribute can actually be used for Magic and Resonance????

I'm sure to find more. I'm working on building another excel sheet generator (For some unknown reason I do it for every damned version since 2nd ed). The questions keep piling up when I do them.

As of now, I've only got qualities and the metahuman table inputted, but the questions already begin right from the get go.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jul 28 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

1. Natural Maximums are what are listed in the table. Augmented Maximums are Current Rating +4.
2. Yes...

+Quote Post
Pollution
post Jul 28 2013, 04:38 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 16,773

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 28 2013, 04:35 PM) *
1. Natural Maximums are what are listed in the table. Augmented Maximums are Current Rating +4.
2. Yes...

AH HA!!! couldn't find the +4 thing anywhere

So now the augmentation maximum is a derived number. (rather than a flat value).

Therefore, if a Human has a Str of 4 (base) his MAX Str is 8 with chrome/bio augmentation? Spending Karma on Str to a 5 raises your max to 9.

That's kind of an interesting situation here. Basically, the max stat boost you can get from ANY augmentations are 4. not just current rating +4, but 4 period.

think on it, you can never raise a stat to more than 4 above your current rating, so it might as well say "Maximum augmentation values are limited to 4 extra points".

From a coding perspective on my generator, I think the simple math would be:

Final Stat =
Base Stat + Augmented bonuses
If Final Stat > Base Stat +4 Then Final Stat = Base Stat+4....

Out of curiosity, where did you find the +4 in the book? Couldn't locate it in the cyber or bio sections.

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Jul 28 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

It's in there, somewhere, the +4 thing. I know, I've read it. But for the life of me I can't seem to find it at the moment.

The Index certainly could have used some work for pointing out important stuff to find.

+Quote Post
ElFenrir
post Jul 28 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,337

The +4 thing is for the TOTAL Maximum. So human adept with base Strength 4 can get up to a 10 if they get, say, Increased Strength 4 Adept Power and 2 levels of Muscle Augmentation. But a Strength 6 Adept wouldn't get any benefit above 10 after that; 10 is as high as they can go. (Exceptional Attribute of course lets you go 1 higher.)

It's Max Stat +4, that's as high as you can go. So Troll max Body augmented would be 14(rather than the 15 it used to be.)

+Quote Post
Lionhearted
post Jul 28 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,310

So the ideal street sammie is now a cripple with beefed out cyberlimbs?

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Jul 28 2013, 05:36 PM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Jul 28 2013, 11:30 AM) *
So the ideal street sammie is now a cripple with beefed out cyberlimbs?
Wasn't it before?

+Quote Post
Remnar
post Jul 28 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,261

Looks like you're right, I just cruised through the book and the only place that even talks about the "augmented maximum" is in some of the spells, it doesn't appear to be referenced anywhere else. Unless I missed it.

It was talked about quite a bit prior to release, so I guess that's probably errata.

+Quote Post
LGD
post Jul 28 2013, 09:49 PM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 13,514

QUOTE (Remnar @ Jul 28 2013, 02:12 PM) *
Looks like you're right, I just cruised through the book and the only place that even talks about the "augmented maximum" is in some of the spells, it doesn't appear to be referenced anywhere else. Unless I missed it.

It was talked about quite a bit prior to release, so I guess that's probably errata.

It's on page 94. They really, really, really did not do a good job making it obvious/easy to find though- I had to do some extensive searching to find the rule.

And the augmentation cap is pretty clearly current rating +4, not maximum rating +4:

QUOTE (SR5 Page 94)
Keep in mind there are three restrictions when it
comes to purchasing gear. First, when purchasing augmentations
such as cyberware and bioware, each attribute
rating (Mental and Physical) can only receive an
augmentation bonus of up to +4. If the attribute being
raised has not reached its natural maximum limit, the
attribute can be raised naturally with Karma; but at no
point can augmentations exceed the +4 bonus cap.

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Jul 29 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

There it is. Funny that the index for Augmentation(s) points at page 95 instead... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Remnar
post Jul 29 2013, 02:57 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,261

QUOTE (LGD @ Jul 28 2013, 01:49 PM) *
It's on page 94. They really, really, really did not do a good job making it obvious/easy to find though- I had to do some extensive searching to find the rule.

And the augmentation cap is pretty clearly current rating +4, not maximum rating +4:

There it is, thanks.

+Quote Post
ElFenrir
post Jul 29 2013, 06:36 AM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,337

Hmm, missed that one. I knew the new max was Attribute +4, but I didn't think they'd cap the amount of bonuses(though, to be fair, it's kinda rough to actually GET more than +4, so perhaps that's a moot point at the end of the day.)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:42 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.