Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pimp your ride., Must have vehicle mods
Shortstraw
post Aug 6 2013, 07:25 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 29,391

Always been a fan of chameleon coating and smuggling compartments plus Valkyrie modules for larger vehicles and was wondering what other peoples "must haves' are.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Aug 6 2013, 07:29 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,653

Morphing license plate, spoof chip, and run-flat tires.

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Aug 6 2013, 08:50 AM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 7,216

Spare dwarf in the trunk.

+Quote Post
Umidori
post Aug 6 2013, 09:01 AM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 18,115

Manual Controls of some kind.

~Umi

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Aug 6 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,709

Sensor upgrades and Gecko Tips.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 6 2013, 12:05 PM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

The extra nut behind the wheel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Aug 6 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #7

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 6 2013, 01:29 AM) *

Must Haves on all vehicles that I take. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Aug 6 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #8

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 6 2013, 01:29 AM) *
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Aug 6 2013, 08:05 AM) *
Must Haves on all vehicles that I take. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
And drones, too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Unless you're like one of my characters and have smart tires on his bike (and the engine upgrades to compensate).

I also forgot about that nano-fix system thing in Spy Games. Always good to never look like you've been in a gunfight after you've actually been in a gunfight.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Aug 6 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #9

Prime Runner Ascendant

QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 6 2013, 10:24 AM) *
And drones, too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Unless you're like one of my characters and have smart tires on his bike (and the engine upgrades to compensate).

I also forgot about that nano-fix system thing in Spy Games. Always good to never look like you've been in a gunfight after you've actually been in a gunfight.

My Ganger Street Racer switched tires out depending upon requirements at the time. Generally, he used Racing tires, but would switch to smart tires when it warranted it.
Ohhh for the day when you can get Racing Smart Tires (Paying for both, and applying both benefits/Drawbacks, of course).

+Quote Post
BlackJaw
post Aug 6 2013, 04:48 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,213

I agree with the Spoof Chip, Morphing Plate, Run flat tires, and Manual Override (Drive by wire) systems.

A lot of people overlook that last one, but as the party hacker in 4th games, I know all too well what happens when someone gets their car hacked. I want the panic button on the console that kills that connection when pressed.

Beyond that, if it's a motorcycle, I want the gyrostabalizer system that keeps the bike upright even if no one is on it so it can drive under it's own pilot, (like say I'm hacking in VR, or I want to call the bike to me instead of run to where I parked it.)

On cars or larger vehicles I generally include a smuggling compartment that's shielded against basic MAD scanners and chemical detectors so I can transport weapons, ammo, and explosives. I also often take the reduce amenities option so I can fit more people (or big trolls) into the car.

If I'm worried about getaways, I take chameleon coating and the enhanced window screens too. That lets me change the car to look like another color, and make it look like someone else is in the car.

+Quote Post
Shinxy
post Aug 6 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 16,540

Anti-theft systems on drones, especially micro crawlers. A sneaky chameleoned fly drone or bug drone with a taser payload is a nasty surprise.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 6 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #12

Immortal Elf

"This is a Shadowrunner vehicle, as soon as you got into the driver's seat, it had run-flats. No one knows how." - The Most Interesting Gecko-Tape Using Shadowrunner In The World

"I don't always Shaodwrun, but when I do, it's SoyKaff." - The Most Interesting Decker In The World

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Aug 6 2013, 06:39 PM
Post #13

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Anti-Theft System, Improved Sensor Array, Chameleon Coating, Morphing Plate, Spoof Chip. Usually Smart Tires, Gyro for bikes and Advanced Rigger Cocoon for most cars.

+Quote Post
Lantzer
post Aug 6 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,335

Used. That's it. The POS van is supposed to be ubiquitous and disposable.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 6 2013, 08:17 PM
Post #15

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (Lantzer @ Aug 6 2013, 01:46 PM) *
"Where did this drekbox come from?" "Originally? Eastern Europe." "Please tell me it has enough horsepower to get out of its own way."

+Quote Post
TomPliss
post Aug 8 2013, 12:59 PM
Post #16

Target

Member No.: 100,914

and the midget assassin hidden in the steering wheel ?

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 8 2013, 01:34 PM
Post #17

Immortal Elf

QUOTE (TomPliss @ Aug 8 2013, 07:59 AM) *
and the midget assassin hidden in the steering wheel ?
Trunk Monkey aftermarket add-on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Aug 8 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #18

Runner

Member No.: 7,216

As soon as the arcanotech improves I am getting the E(lemental)-6 Engine dropped in.

+Quote Post
Blastula
post Aug 8 2013, 02:50 PM
Post #19

Target

Member No.: 17,527

Pop up concealed remote controlled turrets.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Aug 8 2013, 03:32 PM
Post #20

Prime Runner Ascendant

QUOTE (Lantzer @ Aug 6 2013, 12:46 PM) *

This is also a very good tactic. My Cyberlogician was very good at "borrowing" vehicles from a source by placing a work order and service request on the vehicle and having it delivered to the "Service Facility." When we were done with it we would scrub it, detail it and send it back to the designated vehicle pool. Tended to work pretty well for a lot of things, especially those things that took specialized service/repair facilities that were not on site.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 8 2013, 04:18 PM
Post #21

Immortal Elf

Mungo still wantz hiz Ise Creem Truck.

+Quote Post
Blastula
post Aug 8 2013, 05:14 PM
Post #22

Target

Member No.: 17,527

QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 8 2013, 09:18 AM) *
Mungo still wantz hiz Ise Creem Truck.

Here ya go. Ice Cream Truck

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Aug 8 2013, 05:47 PM
Post #23

Immortal Elf

Actually, I need one in SRR...

+Quote Post
Floyd
post Sep 2 2013, 08:30 PM
Post #24

Target

Member No.: 16,065

Hello, I have a question that is slightly on topic, and to prevent starting another thread, I ask it here. Warning: It is an annoying question, and a 4th ed question.

In the Core book (SR4A), vehicles do not list Std. Upgrades. This was saved for Arsenal. On page 106 of Arsenal, the "Standard Upgrades" for the Core book vehicles are listed. Now I understand that Rotor Craft automatically would receive Improved Takeoff and Landing 2, so not seeing it listed under "Northrup Wasp" was reasonable. But there are other vehicles which I have some trouble with. One example is the "Cascade Skraacha" (Arsenal pg 113). It is listed under the Aircraft heading and has a sub-header of LAV (Low Altitude Vehicle). At this point, even though it doesn't state in it's Standard Upgrades (it doesn't have any), I assume it has Hovercraft Upgrade. So far, so good.

I then try to apply these "Common Sense" (using that term loosely) approaches to other supplements. In Mil Spec Tech, the LAV-98 "Devil Rat" (Mil Spec Tech pg (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) has the LAV directly in it's name, but specifically mentions Tracked Propulsion. Hovercraft Upgrade (Arsenal pg 137) says that hovercraft vehicles may use other modes of transportation (if they have them). The LAV-98 also lists no header or sub-header. So now using the pre-established approaches, I must assumes that it is a Hover Tank that also has treads. This could also apply to LAV-103 "Striker" on Mil Spec Tech pg 9. I could also assume that LAV is a Brand name or abbreviation.

In the same book, on page 10, is the CAS/GD Stonewall Main Battle Tank. It does not mention Hovercraft, any other form of propulsion, nor has any header or sub-header. Yet the illustration has the vehicle in question lightly skimming over the ground without wheels or anything. So it could be a hovercraft, but it could also be a VTOL (Improved Takeoff and Landing 2).

Now, I have often have asked you, finest of posters, for exact ratings and classification. Today I am asking you this:

"How would you determine whats vehicle do what, and how do you justify it?"

Now I know as a Gamemaster I can say: Hey I'm GM, this is how it's gonna be, K? But I am interested in how others reach those decisions. So if I want to chase my players around the wilderness with these great vehicles, just what can they do? I ask you.

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Sep 2 2013, 09:16 PM
Post #25

Neophyte Runner

LAV has a double meaning here. In the case of the Cascade Scraacha, it's "Low Altitude Vehicle" as you said. For the Devil Rat & Striker, it's "Light Armored Vehicle".

And artwork is not always the best frame of reference to go with. The original cover art for Arsenal shows a Yamaha Sakura Fubuki in the background with barrels sized for shotgun slugs, but it's a light pistol. Inside, the Colt M223A has an underbarrel grenade launcher with a 6 round magazine, yet the sample artwork should make one wonder just where the other five are stored (hammer space?). In MilSpecTech 2, the Tan Dem artwork shows a full anthroform drone with a full mechanical arm but the Standard Upgrades don't even mention it being a walker or the mechanical arm; at least the weapon mount listed is reasonable for an arm.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:18 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.