Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Implanted RCC
Lynchmob
post Aug 9 2013, 10:04 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 136,989

In SR5 they have rules for implanted decks and implanted commlinks but I was wondering if they have in previous editions had rules for implanted RCCs. The issue I see being that RCCs are described being the size of a briefcase to which I ask - why? Cyberdecks are the size of a book and overall more capable. I know RCCs do some things decks can't but the size difference seems a little bit extreme. Maybe that's why decks are so much more expensive.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hermit
post Aug 9 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #2

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

I do hope implanted RCCs return in the Rigger book. Or at the very least an option to put one into a cyberlimb.

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Aug 9 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

At least cyberdecks have a flat Essence/Capacity cost for implantation now. In SR3 they scaled up, with the top end model costing over 1 Essence to implant.

+Quote Post
Skynet
post Aug 9 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 127,501

QUOTE (Lynchmob @ Aug 9 2013, 12:04 PM) *
(...) The issue I see being that RCCs are described being the size of a briefcase to which I ask - why? (...)

The concealability-table lists them at -2, which equals light pistols, minidrones, flashpacks... and... cyberdecks.

+Quote Post
Flaser
post Aug 9 2013, 08:21 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 85,198

QUOTE (Skynet @ Aug 9 2013, 07:07 PM) *
The concealability-table lists them at -2, which equals light pistols, minidrones, flashpacks... and... cyberdecks.

So in the interim, we could treat this like an implanted commlink cost/essence wise? Neato.

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Aug 10 2013, 01:58 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

When the concealability is the same as a cyberdeck, then I'd say the added cost of an implanted cyberdeck instead of a commlink (commlinks are at -4, so should be considered noticeably smaller). Only a ¥3,000 & 0.2 Essence difference.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:10 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.