Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Body Harvest and black clinics
Slide
post Aug 18 2013, 01:15 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 127,215

so how much would a healthy fresh set of organs go for? I've got my coolers waiting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dancer
post Aug 18 2013, 01:33 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,659

On-spec, to-order, or Type O?
Age and metatype of 'donor'?

+Quote Post
Slide
post Aug 18 2013, 01:50 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Chummer I'm just an ork with a hack saw. now do you want this liver or not?

+Quote Post
Fiddler
post Aug 18 2013, 02:02 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 144,074

Usually organleggers have a client before they remove the organs. May want to try room 187 at the aztechnology building. I think that's the food additives division. You might get a couple of nuyen, i hear they soylent line is going fine.

+Quote Post
Slide
post Aug 18 2013, 02:08 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

*searches though a bloody bag* Ok his com-link says he's type B, and some rare marrow donner.... Think that's worth something?

+Quote Post
Dancer
post Aug 18 2013, 05:24 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,659

Ehh... marrow freezes well. I'll give you 100:nuyen: for a thighbone, chuck it in the freezer over there and we'll keep it in stock.
Can't do much with the rest, but if you just want rid of the evidence you can chuck it in the grinder at the back. A guy picks it up to make Ghoul Chow ™.

+Quote Post
Tecumseh
post Aug 18 2013, 04:07 PM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 37,075

I recall some fluff - perhaps in Vice - mentioning that organlegging was only worth 20 nuyen per body, although I grant that I don't remember all of the specifics. I presume that prices would be pushed down because supply is relatively high - or, put another way, the business of harvesting organs in the Barrens has low barriers to entry. Now there's a chance that the purchaser in the fluff was ripping off the seller, or that a healthy set of organs would fetch a much higher price, but unless the organs in question are part of a specific commission (a relative, or a compatible blood type) then I probably wouldn't go much over 100 nuyen for an anonymous set of fresh organs. The buyer knows that they're providing a valuable service to the seller too (evidence disposal) and will negotiate accordingly.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Aug 18 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #8

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (Tecumseh @ Aug 18 2013, 09:07 AM) *
I recall some fluff - perhaps in Vice - mentioning that organlegging was only worth 20 nuyen per body, although I grant that I don't remember all of the specifics. I presume that prices would be pushed down because supply is relatively high - or, put another way, the business of harvesting organs in the Barrens has low barriers to entry. Now there's a chance that the purchaser in the fluff was ripping off the seller, or that a healthy set of organs would fetch a much higher price, but unless the organs in question are part of a specific commission (a relative, or a compatible blood type) then I probably wouldn't go much over 100 nuyen for an anonymous set of fresh organs. The buyer knows that they're providing a valuable service to the seller too (evidence disposal) and will negotiate accordingly.

My Ganger got 500 per body, Scrip on Delivery. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Voran
post Aug 18 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 6,099

Yeah in general, from an out of game perspective, body harvesting should be 'cheap' enough that your runners aren't going "Hey, its more profitable to just organleg than run". Cyberlegging is a little better.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Aug 18 2013, 07:23 PM
Post #10

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (Slide @ Aug 18 2013, 01:15 AM) *
so how much would a healthy fresh set of organs go for? I've got my coolers waiting.

Augmentation has some prices for vat-grown parts (or parts that get sold as such...), although they do not really make sense: A limb costs 21,000 ¥, a full body goes for 25,000 ¥.

+Quote Post
Voran
post Aug 18 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #11

Running Target

QUOTE (Sengir @ Aug 18 2013, 03:23 PM) *
Augmentation has some prices for vat-grown parts (or parts that get sold as such...), although they do not really make sense: A limb costs 21,000 ¥, a full body goes for 25,000 ¥.

Well I believe that part of it (earlier narrative from KAM(?), not sure what edition) was that you don't just 'grow an arm' any more than you can just grow 'just a tbone steak', so you grow a full thing and harvest the pieces you want. Replacing 'just' a limb is kind of a hassle, hence the higher price, whereas in a sense it gets cheaper if you're using more of the vat job at once.

+Quote Post
Wakshaani
post Aug 18 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #12

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,629

QUOTE (Voran @ Aug 18 2013, 02:19 PM) *
Well I believe that part of it (earlier narrative from KAM(?), not sure what edition) was that you don't just 'grow an arm' any more than you can just grow 'just a tbone steak', so you grow a full thing and harvest the pieces you want. Replacing 'just' a limb is kind of a hassle, hence the higher price, whereas in a sense it gets cheaper if you're using more of the vat job at once.

Which is a tad odd since we're now at a point where we *can* grow steak. Sorta. Kinda. You're better off not looking the information up online, but, it's a thing that's happening.

Growing a mouse with a human ear is much easier than growing an arm, of course, but yeah, odds are that "Grow a whole body, take what you need, recycle the rest" is the norm.

+Quote Post
Slide
post Aug 18 2013, 09:16 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Aug 18 2013, 05:03 PM) *
Which is a tad odd since we're now at a point where we *can* grow steak. Sorta. Kinda. You're better off not looking the information up online, but, it's a thing that's happening.

I saw that, and I insist that it will cause cancer.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Aug 19 2013, 01:15 AM
Post #14

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (Slide @ Aug 18 2013, 04:16 PM) *
I saw that, and I insist that it will cause cancer.

meh. living causes cancer. so does just about everything else. i don't plan to spend my entire life in terror of doing something that might cause cancer when basically every study ever that asks the question "does _______ cause cancer", the answer is yes.

+Quote Post
Voran
post Aug 19 2013, 05:07 AM
Post #15

Running Target

Heh I think its more you can vat-grow 'meat' but not specific 't-bone'. Tho I've seen those weird pics of mice with human ears growing out of their backs, so who knows.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Aug 19 2013, 06:01 AM
Post #16

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 53,300

QUOTE (Jaid @ Aug 19 2013, 09:15 AM) *
meh. living causes cancer. so does just about everything else. i don't plan to spend my entire life in terror of doing something that might cause cancer when basically every study ever that asks the question "does _______ cause cancer", the answer is yes.

Up to and including 'Does cancer cause cancer?' 'yes.'

So... Does simsense cause cancer?

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Aug 19 2013, 07:42 AM
Post #17

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,216

QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Aug 19 2013, 02:01 AM) *
Up to and including 'Does cancer cause cancer?' 'yes.'

So... Does simsense cause cancer?

I would go with yes, long term energy signals being fed into your brain? Living under power lines has shown an increase in chances of cancer, so a direct feed would probably up that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Not for just a couple of uses of course, but over time? it all adds up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:24 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.