Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Circles of Power Recruitment, 2075 Persistent Game World Thread
Aria
post Sep 2 2013, 12:10 PM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,267

As part of the ongoing 2075 game thread I'm opening up Circles of Power (previously from the 2072 persistent world) and bringing it into the SR5 era. I've got 2 active players but on the off chance that there are others out there who fancy a bit of roleplay (rather than roll play) driven action then please come and join us!

A summary of the game details is duplicated below.

If anyone is interested then either post here or in the 2075 OoC thread!

Circles of Power [Stat Lite/ Sex, money and power games in the UK & Europe]

I am looking for additional players (to join Johnny Awesome & Baron Herbert) who would like to explore characters who are the rich and famous (and above all beautiful!); European nobles on the Grand Tour, offspring of corporate tycoons, sim starlets, high class mobsters and other people of power and influence.

The game will be set in and around Europe, principally in the UK as I know the most about that area. I’ll be using bits from Jet Set, Corp Conspiracy Theories, Clutch of Dragons and whatever my own twisted imagination can conjure up.

The game will run as a series of snapshots rather than trying to string out a traditional ‘run.’ I would like things to be character driven as you each pursue your own agendas (whatever they may be) along with an overarching plot line that will develop with time. The group will be linked by membership of the Ordo Nobilis (someone with more than pseudo Latin may be able to tell me what that should really be?!?), an Old Boys network dedicated to maintaining the status quo.

Players will roughly build a central character who will be the person of power. Whatever you choose you will need to have a stake in the action and a reason to work with (or possibly against?!?) the other players.

Character Gen

Instead of attributes, skills and gear I would like you to spread some points of sphere of influence and resources (see below), pick up a couple of qualities and choose an entourage. Not many D will be rolled as your main character (if any) but if we need to I will probably ask for a combination of two from below and count these as bought hits (or you can roll the equivalent!)

Sphere of Influence: (6 points to spend, max 3, min 0 across these three):
  • Corporate / Media
  • Aristocracy / Magical Society
  • Shadows / Underworld

Resources: (6 points to spend, max 3, min 0 across these three)
  • Mundane
  • Magical
  • Matrix

Contacts:
6x Connection 5 or 6 contacts (probably should be based around your sphere of influence points above). Any number of connection 4 or lower contacts (don’t worry about listing these now but the more information you can give me the better!). You don’t need to determine loyalty, that will be up to me and the background info you give me on each contact.

Qualities:
3 negative and 3 positive, points don’t matter or have to balance as this is more about defining you character than game benefits. The SR4 qualities Fame, Born Rich, Family Name etc are all considered free in addition to these. There is some flexibility in this so ask if you want something!

Gear / Ware / Spells Etc:
Given your positions of power you have access to more or less whatever you want here (essence limits still apply). Obvious combat mods and more extreme ware will have social stigma attached to them, after all, you are mixing with the kinds of people who get others to do their dirty work for them. You get free luxury lifestyles in various locations, this is a chance to go to town on the details of decadent living that most runners can only dimly dream of!

Entourage:
Speaking of dirty work; you will have access to an entourage (1-3 key N/PCs) that will allow you to undertake more dubious activities that you wouldn’t normally get involved in (there will be some opportunities for shadowrunner type activity in the game). Don’t worry, I don’t expect stats for these extras (unless you really want to), a small background write-up will be sufficient and then we will base them on pre-genned characters from the rulebooks or from the forums.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JxJxA
post Sep 3 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,704

I know I tried and failed with 4e, but I may give this another go with a more comic relief character in place of Tris. Maybe someone more Blackadder-ish or Andy Millman-y... In my stream of consciousness, having a Ricky Gervais-like character with a Stephen Merchant-inspired henchman would be pretty funny... I wonder if incompetent henchmen is a negative trait...

+Quote Post
Vegas
post Sep 3 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 2,326

Massively tempted to toss my hat (or hair bow) into the ring for this... *contemplates* let me see what I can come up with Aria and I'll let you know for certain.

+Quote Post
JxJxA
post Sep 3 2013, 12:28 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Ok, yes, I have it! Once I'm not at work, I will explain! XD

+Quote Post
JxJxA
post Sep 3 2013, 12:21 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Okay, here's the quick pitch:

Lord David Andrew Brent---or "Andy" as his idiot minions are regrettably quick to call him, is a nouveau riche and unfortunately goblinified noble. He's a short, fat Ork with a pug-nosed face and a rather inflated opinion of himself. His right hand elf, Nathan "Noggy" Lamb, is a gangly and bespectacled Elf with quite a lot to say but nothing of much value to offer. Noggy also insists on involving his best friend---a down-on-his-luck Dwarf named Barry Westender---in most of Andy's get-big-quick schemes. Rounding out the bunch with a touch of magic and estrogen is Mab Jacobs, a Scottish Dryad who manages to give Noggy a run for his money when it comes to sheer stupidity.

This is a story about someone who wants to make it big, who might even have the resources, and sees the goal just hanging there, ripe for his fat little hand to pick. Will it be a story of the D-Team getting lucky, or a small little shit getting his well-deserved comeuppance? That's for the dice and roleplay to decide! XD

(tl;dr---Think Extras mixed with Black Adder and Shadowrun!)

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Sep 4 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,252

I can already see the sparks flying between our respective crews, JxJxA. This will be entertaining, if nothing else. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

And Vegas? DO EEEET. Your LitS stuff has been fantastic.

+Quote Post
Vegas
post Sep 4 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 2,326

QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ Sep 4 2013, 12:45 PM) *
And Vegas? DO EEEET. Your LitS stuff has been fantastic.

Gracias. Glad to know someone else has enjoyed LitS besides me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) The wheels are turning in my head.. I have a character I'd love to bring into this game, but I have to tweak her.. hell I have two characters in mind I'd love to play in this style of game...

+Quote Post
Aria
post Sep 5 2013, 11:55 AM
Post #8

Dragon

QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 3 2013, 01:21 PM) *
Okay, here's the quick pitch:

Lord David Andrew Brent---or "Andy" as his idiot minions are regrettably quick to call him, is a nouveau riche and unfortunately goblinified noble. He's a short, fat Ork with a pug-nosed face and a rather inflated opinion of himself. His right hand elf, Nathan "Noggy" Lamb, is a gangly and bespectacled Elf with quite a lot to say but nothing of much value to offer. Noggy also insists on involving his best friend---a down-on-his-luck Dwarf named Barry Westender---in most of Andy's get-big-quick schemes. Rounding out the bunch with a touch of magic and estrogen is Mab Jacobs, a Scottish Dryad who manages to give Noggy a run for his money when it comes to sheer stupidity.

This is a story about someone who wants to make it big, who might even have the resources, and sees the goal just hanging there, ripe for his fat little hand to pick. Will it be a story of the D-Team getting lucky, or a small little shit getting his well-deserved comeuppance? That's for the dice and roleplay to decide! XD

(tl;dr---Think Extras mixed with Black Adder and Shadowrun!)

Well I was thinking more along the lines of Game of Thrones rather than Blackadder when I conceived the game but as long as it's not too slapstick I think a touch of humour would brighten things up? Is it going to be Borris Johnson (Mayor of London) style buffoonery? (ie to conceal a razor sharp mind and throw people off the scent?!?) Looks like Mr Awesome and the Baron will be feeling a bit hard done by at the moment after their efforts to derail the new matrix protocols clearly backfired...So, they won't be in a position to turn their noses up too much (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I've got some ideas for how Ryl will twist you all up in her machinations (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ork.gif)

QUOTE (Vegas @ Sep 4 2013, 07:49 PM) *
Gracias. Glad to know someone else has enjoyed LitS besides me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) The wheels are turning in my head.. I have a character I'd love to bring into this game, but I have to tweak her.. hell I have two characters in mind I'd love to play in this style of game...

Play both if you like (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
JxJxA
post Sep 5 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

@ Aria: Yeah, he'll be a buffoon, but a dangerous one. Otherwise, he'd already be dead. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Sep 6 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 19,241

@JxJxA: I was reading through the original CoP recruitment thread (to see where all the other players had gone!) and I noticed that Aria suggested that Gemeaux would be a good fit for CoP, and is already kinda tied in with some of the main characters, and it's in England. At the time he was still in the E:PL/UK thread but as that's ended maybe he'd be good to make the switch over?

I just saw also that you've already talked about moving him to a different game, but this one's better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Aria
post Sep 6 2013, 11:54 AM
Post #11

Dragon

He would be a definite James Bond addition to the mix (albeit a French one!). Rather than the henchmen/retinue that the others get they could be fellow (subserviant) runners...

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Sep 6 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #12

Running Target

Well I didn't follow E:PL/UK so I don't know the story exactly, but I thought as Lady DeBathayre was mentioned the stories would tie together in some way. Have yo got a quick synopsis of what happened in E:PL?

+Quote Post
JxJxA
post Sep 6 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #13

Neophyte Runner

Would I add Gemeaux Elseworlds style? As in, this is what could have happened? (Or maybe it's clone #2 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) )

+Quote Post
Aria
post Sep 7 2013, 09:59 PM
Post #14

Dragon

Doesn't have to be that complicated - I could simply shift the timeline of CoP away from any other timeline where you wanted to play Gemeaux as a 'normal' runner. I had intended that they run at the same time though so whilst I like the idea of seeing Gemeaux as James Bond I understand if you want more direct action for him...

+Quote Post
JxJxA
post Sep 8 2013, 07:57 AM
Post #15

Neophyte Runner

That'd be awesome! I'll play him in CoP as the successful shadowrunner who is entangled with Lady DeBathayre's intriguing affairs, and I'll save Andy & Co. for another game. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Sep 9 2013, 10:44 AM
Post #16

Running Target

That's great. I'd love for us to get a bit hand-on in this latest story. Not regularly, and certainly not on a Shadowrunner level, but we've now got a kick-ass fighter type to complement my face and the Baron's wiz tech. I'm looking forward to taking Johnny Awesome on the journey from an unfocused indulgent wastrel to a bitter vengeance-seeker. Nothing has changed about his personality, but for the first time in decades he may find an actual purpose to occupy his time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Could I have a quick synposis of the E:PL storyline? How are Gemeaux and Lady DeBathayre involved?

+Quote Post
Aria
post Sep 9 2013, 11:53 AM
Post #17

Dragon

QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Sep 9 2013, 11:44 AM) *
Could I have a quick synposis of the E:PL storyline? How are Gemeaux and Lady DeBathayre involved?

Serendipity, they sort of bumped into each other while transporting a hunted TM across the UK. She helped them out with a wink and a nudge and the promise that she'd be owed a favour! Yep, they did it for an unspecified future favour (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ork.gif) then again beggars can't be choosers!

I'll work with JxJxA to resolve how he ended up as James Bond to your M (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

@Vegas: just reading through your concepts now, will get back to you asap!

+Quote Post
JxJxA
post Sep 9 2013, 01:14 PM
Post #18

Neophyte Runner

@ Aria: Well, to be fair, she was a pretty lady and he had an itch to scratch (still does, seeing as he has been left high and dry in Zombieland, USA). I'll have to think about some of those resources. It would be interesting to turn Vivienne into a full-fledged AI...

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Sep 9 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #19

Running Target

QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 9 2013, 12:53 PM) *
Yep, they did it for an unspecified future favour (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ork.gif) then again beggars can't be choosers!

Were the aware of her.... nature? Are they now? If so that's a hell of a deal to enter into

+Quote Post
JxJxA
post Sep 9 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #20

Neophyte Runner

The exact details of her heritage were revealed at the appropriately dramatic time---i.e., AFTER the deal... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Sep 9 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #21

Running Target

QUOTE (JxJxA @ Sep 9 2013, 02:37 PM) *
The exact details of her heritage were revealed at the appropriately dramatic time---i.e., AFTER the deal... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Never Deal... ahem. Ah, crap. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

What's Gemeaux's surname? First names are so common.
I do now, for some reason, envisage the three of them pulling off some elaborate scheme flawlessly after several months of legwork and planning. It's the only way I see them working (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
JxJxA
post Sep 9 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #22

Neophyte Runner

Gemeaux is his running name---French for Gemini, which I thought was appropriate for a clone/backup twin PC. I'll have to come up with a new alias. Most of his SINs used French Revolutionaries as inspiration...not sure the nobles would like it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Sep 10 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #23

Running Target

Just thinking, if Gemeaux is joining us, and I created my character during the first phase, this means that Baron Herbert is the only character without a proper sheet. If we are planning on getting involved in some things is it best for him to haver one? Should I convert mine to Sr5 and spend however much karma I had?

+Quote Post
Aria
post Sep 10 2013, 04:37 PM
Post #24

Dragon

If you want sheets then feel free to create them... you may even need them knowing the spanners that PCs love to throw at things (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

That said, you shouldn't need sheets, you get others to do your dirty work for you, the advantage of more money than xxxxx

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Sep 10 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #25

Running Target

If a vendetta is personal you can be damned sure I'm going to settle it face to face (even if I'm not the one pulling the trigger (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:18 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.