Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The birth of wireless bonuses, Adding fuel to the wharrgarbl
Freya
post Sep 3 2013, 11:20 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 85,966

http://qz.com/120270/a-new-alternative-to-...-your-battery/#!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Sep 3 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #2

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,216

A neat idea, trading in transmission rate (1/20th of the average wifi) for extending the range by using the lower wavebands and makes sense for items not needing tons of bandwidth, aka no video streaming and other high demanding protocols.

Basically it's wireless dial-up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Should be interesting to see how it pans out.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Sep 3 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,709

Oh great, another HiperLAN. And it wants to play scatternet, too, because whenever networking guys get bored they create another scatternet concept, and this time it will be totally feasible...

Yep, I'm slightly skeptical.

+Quote Post
Nemo157
post Sep 3 2013, 06:49 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 18,721

I don't understand why he would develop his own wireless stack, there's plenty of decent open source standards for low power long range wireless such as DASH7. If the current stacks are too difficult to get started in then spend time making them easier, it's going to involve a lot less effort than starting from scratch again.

+Quote Post
Draco18s
post Sep 3 2013, 07:22 PM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 16,392

QUOTE (Freya @ Sep 3 2013, 06:20 AM) *
wharrgarbl

Wharrgarbl is right.
I have never had a need to know exactly how many eggs I have in my fridge at any time from anywhere. Occasionally milk, just because my house drinks milk at an astonishing rate of about a gallon a day, and the fridge only holds 5. So Mom will frequently visit the store and want to know how many unopened ones there are so she can buy none, two, or four new ones (as the number may have changed--and likely has--since she last looked in the fridge).

QUOTE (Nemo157 @ Sep 3 2013, 01:49 PM) *
I don't understand why he would develop his own wireless stack, there's plenty of decent open source standards for low power long range wireless such as DASH7. If the current stacks are too difficult to get started in then spend time making them easier, it's going to involve a lot less effort than starting from scratch again.

http://xkcd.com/927/

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Sep 3 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 7,216

QUOTE (Draco18s @ Sep 3 2013, 02:22 PM) *

Soo True, and will continue like this for awhile.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:37 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.