Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Seattle Maps, I made Seattle Maps
Gondor
post Apr 30 2004, 08:30 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,171

I have created maps for Seattle with all the attractions and locations from New Seattle and SS, along with gang location, organized crime and Lone Star Security Codes. The PDF versions are incomplete, but the PDD versions are complete. You need Photoshop to veiw them. Mike has posted them on his web site at Old Forest the web address is http://oldforest.net/sr/
Post back and tell me what you think.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Connor
post Apr 30 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,652

Is there supposed to be a key on the OrgCrime PDD? I'm not exactly sure how to read it...

+Quote Post
danzig138
post Apr 30 2004, 10:05 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 198

Cool.

+Quote Post
Gondor
post May 2 2004, 05:35 PM
Post #4

Target

Is there supposed to be a key on the OrgCrime PDD? I'm not exactly sure how to read it...

The groups listed next to the map are shown in the same color as the areas on the map indicating thier area of control. The PDF version does not have text, so you need the PDD version.

+Quote Post
Connor
post May 2 2004, 05:36 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

I must have just missed it then. I'll zoom in on the PDD some and see what I can see. Thanks for pointing out what probably should have been obvious.

Oh, and great maps.

+Quote Post
Abstruse
post May 2 2004, 06:34 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 4,488

Some of us don't have the $300+ for Photoshop, so could you please finish the pdf ones? ^_^ I'm going through them right now and they look very helpful indeed for those of us who don't live in the Rainy City.

The Abstruse One

+Quote Post
Connor
post May 2 2004, 07:05 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

There are programs out there to convert file types and what not. Unfortunately Gimp seems to only support PSD. Mac systems come bundled with a shareware package called Graphic Converter which views PDD's just fine.

http://www.flydragonsoft.com/ This seems to be something similar for windows. There might be more stuff out there as well, just give google a go.

+Quote Post
Gondor
post May 6 2004, 04:07 AM
Post #8

Target

I recently picked up a new version of photoshop that converts to PDF and keeps the resolution. (this was a problem before). I am working on it, but it is finals week and I am kind of busy right now.

+Quote Post
Connor
post May 6 2004, 04:12 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

you know, I still can't see any sort of key for the OrgCrime in either PDD or the PDF. Think you could just post up what each color means in each of the four sections?

+Quote Post
Swing Kid
post May 6 2004, 05:00 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,266

Well done

+Quote Post
Gondor
post May 7 2004, 11:04 PM
Post #11

Target

Ok, I have all the maps in PDF format, I need someone to post them for me, if anybody is interested, e-mail me at vdenboer@sbcglobal.net.
About the Orginezed Crime legend:
Top left is Mafia: Red is Bigio Family, Green is Finnigan Family, blue is Ciarniello.
Top right is Yakuza: Red is Shotozumi-Rengo, Green is Nishidon-Gumi, Blue is Shigeda-Gumi.
Bottom left is Triads: Red is Yellow Lotus, Green is Eighty-Eights, Blue is The Octagon.
Bottom Right is Seoulpa Rings: Red is Chosen, Green is Divine Revenge, Brown is Komun'Go, Blue is Phantom Lake, Purple is the Red and Yellow, Yellow is Tartarus.

+Quote Post
Connor
post May 8 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Ahh, thanks for that Gondor!

I have a server on an admittedly slow DSL line, but if you don't get any better offers I can put them up there.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Sep 28 2004, 05:41 PM
Post #13

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Member No.: 5,760

I'm attending a training course and the instructor showed us this super-nifty site that might be useful to some of you:

http://seamless.usgs.gov/viewer.htm

Click on one of the 'View and Order Data Sets' things. You get a map of the US you can zoom and unzoom on to quite an impressive level of detail. Zoom in a notch (it's a drag zoom tool, FYI, so you can select the square you want to zoom on) and you'll notice the 'Display Legend/Layers' menu has expanded. You can show roads, with or without names, streams, utility lines etc. Plus, they have some very high detail pictures of several cities, including downtown Seattle (click on the High-Res Ortho thing)! Be sure to scroll to the very bottom and click 'refresh map'. The terrain part is kinda neat, but the High-Res is really high-res! I got pictures of tractor trailers parked near Snohomish river. I haven't played with dling stuff, but you can easily do printscreens to grab anything you need.

Just thought that might be useful to some people.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Sep 28 2004, 10:31 PM
Post #14

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

I'd be glad to host 'em. Will send email shortly.

~J

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Sep 29 2004, 12:31 AM
Post #15

Ain Soph Aur

Member No.: 600

QUOTE (nezumi)
I'm attending a training course and the instructor showed us this super-nifty site that might be useful to some of you:

http://seamless.usgs.gov/viewer.htm

Holy shit I love you man!! This is great!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:56 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.