Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question regarding Program mods...
LordArcana
post Oct 7 2013, 09:47 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,155

Perhaps i missed it but i was looking through Unwired and i see you can add mods to programs but you have to first crack the copyright and then go through the hassle of programming to add things like ergonomic and such. My question is can you just buy a legit program with the effect already added?

Such as an Optimized, Ergonomic Browse?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Oct 7 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 7 2013, 02:47 PM) *
Perhaps i missed it but i was looking through Unwired and i see you can add mods to programs but you have to first crack the copyright and then go through the hassle of programming to add things like ergonomic and such. My question is can you just buy a legit program with the effect already added?

Such as an Optimized, Ergonomic Browse?

No reason why you cannot do so...

+Quote Post
LordArcana
post Oct 7 2013, 10:02 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Thank you Tymeaus... i just tried to do it in Chummer and it seemed to work. I wish i had known that before i finalized my character. I could have spent that remaining 1289 nuyen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolanar
post Oct 8 2013, 12:16 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 53,066

I hope you saved a back-up copy of your character from before starting career mode

+Quote Post
forgarn
post Oct 8 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,988

QUOTE (Dolanar @ Oct 7 2013, 07:16 PM) *
I hope you saved a back-up copy of your character from before starting career mode

I believe Chummer does this automatically.

+Quote Post
Dolanar
post Oct 8 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 53,066

if it does, it must be a setting you have to check manually, because mine never does, I always save a copy just in case.

+Quote Post
forgarn
post Oct 8 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,988

Options -> General -> Miscellaneous... third line down is "Create backup of character before moving them to Career Mode"

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Oct 8 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #8

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

If a backup copy is not available, there is a way to roll the Career mode save file back to Create mode.

First, you'll probably want to make a backup copy of the file, just in case. Once that's done open Notepad.exe > open *.chum file > locate line "<created>True</created>" (less the quotation marks) > change line to "<created>False</created>" (again without the quotation marks, & changing only what's underlined) > Save and Exit.

+Quote Post
LordArcana
post Oct 8 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

No i had not made a back up copy before i put it into career mode, but thank you SpellBinder for that tip and thank you Forgarn for the options tip as well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:32 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.